Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #46
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
i'm okay with it, but i feel the suspension need to be more hard and the car need to be more lower,
came from a E82 1M i admit that the steering feel is not as direct and as raw as the 1M, but the power this car give is second to none.
I dont really understand the comparison. 1M is such a different car made for an entirely different market. The steering should not be same between M5 and 1M. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
bought a M6GC CP it fixed my steering feel issues, but still love my M3
This is really interesting because I have read in this forum and in other blogs that M6GC is really the M7 and it handles worse than the M5. There were many people who own the current M5 and participated in a test drive event when M6GC was being unveiled and they all said the same thing.

That being said, from a price point of view, GC is in another league really
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #47
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealStig View Post
I dont really understand the comparison. 1M is such a different car made for an entirely different market. The steering should not be same between M5 and 1M. Just my opinion.

This is really interesting because I have read in this forum and in other blogs that M6GC is really the M7 and it handles worse than the M5. There were many people who own the current M5 and participated in a test drive event when M6GC was being unveiled and they all said the same thing.

That being said, from a price point of view, GC is in another league really
Yes that was the BMW Launch event at the Circuit of the The Americas. Many people I know did in fact say that the M6 Gran Coupe was dynamically worse than the M5, BUT none of the M6 Gran Coupes they drove at the Launch Event had the Competition Package. I guess Niko might have the same new opinion if he had driven an F10 M5 with the Comp Package, or an F13 M6 Coupe with the Comp Package. However, Comp Package or not the engineers did state that the M6 Gran Coupe in general has a dialed in softer feel in handling and suspension. How much the Comp Package mitigates the softer feeling of the M6 Gran Coupe over the M5 I don't know.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 12:59 AM   #48
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

The fact that the LCI M5 with comp pack comes with a revised sharper steering with more feedback is to me, an admission from M that they din get it right at the onset. I have driven the M5 comp pack and like the new steering. It's no M3 steering, but definitely preferred over the pre-LCI M5 steering. I am still waiting on the parts guy's reply at the dealership on whether the comp pack can be retrofitted...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 03:42 AM   #49
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Not sure if you're being facetious, but if so you are out of line.

The latest Porsche 911 GT3, and 911 Turbo has these technologies.
I agree with you with your response to that guy haha.
Appreciate 0