M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Gentlemen, Just to clarify few things for you:

1. Valve concerns if any,
Our GTC Valves are EVC (electrical Valve Control) as you may already know and they are easily replaceable at anytime by unbolting 3 bolts and replace with new units. Valves with our GTC exhaust unit comes with full 1 year warranty and if these valves go bad after the warranty period for some reason, you can simply purchase these valves separately and replace them, it is that easy.
Unlike other conventional vacuum source operated flap valves, which are also welded on as part of your exhaust (that can make all kinds of rattling noise in longer operation hours)
However Meisterschaft made these GTC valve exhaust products rather very easy to maintain, so there are no issues if valves go bad in any case, simply switch out to new ones, which takes literally less than an hour to complete this replacement installation process.

2. Regards to EVC installation and operation,
The installation is as easy as connecting the control module to the battery source and that’s about it. We also highly recommend getting the optional “Wireless remote control” unit to save hassle of running wires into your vehicle cabin during the installation. These Valves can be fully opened and closed within approx 5sec each way, and no later than 7sec holding the switch on your remote. Please do not hold the open/close button longer than 10sec after the operation is completed (common sense: just to prevent from burning the connecting wire fuse).

Folks, We are so glad a lot of customers are now starting to understand the concept of GTC operation and truly see its “value” especially when it comes to luxury sport vehicles such as M5, M6 etc..

We also thank you very much for your compliments on our exhaust products and if you have any questions, please let us know, thank you again for your support.

Regards,

GTHAUS
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #24
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD View Post
Just installed full cat-back with LXR GTC with wireless EV control on my F12 M6. Sound is freaking ridiculous. It makes u want to drive so much more aggressive because the sound to me is THAT much better than stock. Mustang dyno before and after same day showed 14hp increase at wheels (501hp). Not as much as advertised but I was going for sound. Valve works well to quiet down to near stock. I'll post more info and pics/video tomorrow over on M6 forum.
Power gain being (+14 gain instead of +30 gain), our engineers could speculate 3 possible reasons:

1. First of all, depending on the vehicle condition and various dyno measure conditions, reuslt may vary on each vehicle.
2. Different engine "operating" temperature may vary the result since these cars get heat soaked very easily.
3. Vehicle needs to adjust to its new settings in order to "fully" perform to its potential.

We are sure you probably already know these, but we just wanted to chime in to share our thoughts regards to your power concern.

Regardless, we are glad that you are enjoying our meisterschaft exhaust on your new M6 !!
Please post up some photos and videos when you have a chance. Thank you for your purchase and also for your great comments.

GTHAUS

Last edited by GTHAUS; 01-12-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #25
F12M6MD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rivian R1T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHAUS View Post
Power gain being (+14 gain instead of +30 gain), our engineers could speculate 3 possible reasons:

1. First of all, depending on the vehicle condition and various dyno measure conditions, reuslt may vary on each vehicle.
2. Different engine "operating" temperature may vary the result since these cars get heat soaked very easily.
3. Vehicle needs to adjust to its new settings in order to "fully" perform to its potential.

We are sure you probably already know these, but we just wanted to chime in to share our thoughts regards to your power concern.

Regardless, we are glad that you are enjoying your meisterschaft exhaust on our new M6 !!
Please post up some photos and videos when you have a chance. Thank you for your purchase and also for your great comments.

GTHAUS
I completely agree with the above. I know people want to hear numbers so that's what I gave. To address the above speculations: My car had 1300 miles on it and had not yet had its first service. The best run was #1 as #2 was heat-soaked. Pulls were immediately after the install without any road time before. For the record, I love this exhaust on my M6. I may re-dyno down the road to see how my car has adjusted.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
ONEOF40 FS M3
FROZEN SILVER
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 FS EDITION

Garage List
Quote:

Our GTC Valves are EVC (electrical Valve Control) as you may already know and they are easily replaceable at anytime by unbolting 3 bolts and replace with new units. Valves with our GTC exhaust unit comes with full 1 year warranty and if these valves go bad after the warranty period for some reason, you can simply purchase these valves separately and replace them, it is that easy.
Unlike other conventional vacuum source operated flap valves, which are also welded on as part of your exhaust (that can make all kinds of rattling noise in longer operation hours)
However Meisterschaft made these GTC valve exhaust products rather very easy to maintain, so there are no issues if valves go bad in any case, simply switch out to new ones, which takes literally less than an hour to complete this replacement installation process.

The installation is as easy as connecting the control module to the battery source and that’s about it. We also highly recommend getting the optional “Wireless remote control” unit to save hassle of running wires into your vehicle cabin during the installation. These Valves can be fully opened and closed within approx 5sec each way, and no later than 7sec holding the switch on your remote. Please do not hold the open/close button longer than 10sec after the operation is completed (common sense: just to prevent from burning the connecting wire fuse).

Folks, We are so glad a lot of customers are now starting to understand the concept of GTC operation and truly see its “value” especially when it comes to luxury sport vehicles such as M5, M6 etc..

We also thank you very much for your compliments on our exhaust products and if you have any questions, please let us know, thank you again for your support.

Regards,

GTHAUS
GTHAUS,

Really appreciate the info...

Just ordered an F10 M5 and thinking about replacing the stock exhaust.
I previously had an e39 M5 and e60 M5 with full Supersprint exhausts, sport and race respectively. In both cases the installation was rather easy.

Question. Is the installation a simply snap on? how involve is it? do you have an installation guide with pics?

Thanks in advance

CURRENT RIDES
12 FROZEN SILVER E92 M3
03 GP WHITE S2K AP1

ORDERED
13 MONTECARLO BLUE F10 M5

PREVIOUS M CARS
02 LEMANS BLUE E39 M5
06 SAPPHIRE BLACK E60 M5

Last edited by ONEOF40 FS M3; 01-12-2013 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #27
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD View Post
I completely agree with the above. I know people want to hear numbers so that's what I gave. To address the above speculations: My car had 1300 miles on it and had not yet had its first service. The best run was #1 as #2 was heat-soaked. Pulls were immediately after the install without any road time before. For the record, I love this exhaust on my M6. I may re-dyno down the road to see how my car has adjusted.
Awesome, Enjoy your new ride ~!! and thanks again for your purchase!
any installed photos or Videos will be MUCH appreciated.

Last edited by GTHAUS; 01-12-2013 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #28
ONEOF40 FS M3
FROZEN SILVER
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Regards,

GTHAUS

Got the answers from another thread...

CURRENT RIDES
12 FROZEN SILVER E92 M3
03 GP WHITE S2K AP1

ORDERED

PREVIOUS M CARS
02 LEMANS BLUE E39 M5
06 SAPPHIRE BLACK E60 M5
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #29
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEOF40 FS M3 View Post
GTHAUS,

Really appreciate the info...

Just ordered an F10 M5 and thinking about replacing the stock exhaust.
I previously had an e39 M5 and e60 M5 with full Supersprint exhausts, sport and race respectively. In both cases the installation was rather easy.

Question. Is the installation a simply snap on? how involve is it? do you have an installation guide with pics?

Thanks in advance

CURRENT RIDES
12 FROZEN SILVER E92 M3
03 GP WHITE S2K AP1

ORDERED

PREVIOUS M CARS
02 LEMANS BLUE E39 M5
06 SAPPHIRE BLACK E60 M5

Congrats on your new vehicle purchase, sir.
The installation is very straight forward and easy.
Everything is a BOLT ON application
and even for the GTC unit, any trained mechanic will be able to get the installation job done within no more than 4-5 hours max.

Let us know if you have any further questions, thank you for considering GTHAUS Meisterschaft exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #30
ONEOF40 FS M3
FROZEN SILVER
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats on your new vehicle purchase, sir.
The installation is very straight forward and easy.
Everything is a BOLT ON application
and even for the GTC unit, any trained mechanic will be able to get the installation job done within no more than 4-5 hours max.

Let us know if you have any further questions, thank you for considering GTHAUS Meisterschaft exhausts.
Will do...I am doing ED this month so the car will not arrive here until sometime in March. In any case, you are the #1 option right now...

CURRENT RIDES
12 FROZEN SILVER E92 M3
03 GP WHITE S2K AP1

ORDERED

PREVIOUS M CARS
02 LEMANS BLUE E39 M5
06 SAPPHIRE BLACK E60 M5
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #31
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEOF40 FS M3 View Post
Will do...I am doing ED this month so the car will not arrive here until sometime in March. In any case, you are the #1 option right now...

CURRENT RIDES
12 FROZEN SILVER E92 M3
03 GP WHITE S2K AP1

ORDERED

PREVIOUS M CARS
02 LEMANS BLUE E39 M5
06 SAPPHIRE BLACK E60 M5

thank you so much !
Appreciate 0