BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

How much smaller is the M6 GC interior?

I will likely replace my 2013 M5 with a 2015.

One thing I am considering is the M6 GC.

I love the M5, but the GC is honestly better looking. As well, it seems to fair better performance wise from the reviews I've read.

I am a pretty big guy and would never consider a coupe as a daily driver. The GC may be a nice compromise.

How much smaller is it on the inside? I would go look at my local dealership but I'd probably walk out with some sort of new car and dont want that to happen!!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I've driven the M6 Gran Coupe before. It feels just as roomy in the front albiet with a lower roof line, but the back seats definitely feel more tight especially around your head. If you can afford it and if that's what you really want then go for it. It does have that semi-exotic look to it and from a looks point of view I would get one too. Not sure if I would miss having a sunroof or a power open/close trunk too much though. Hmm...

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
I will likely replace my 2013 M5 with a 2015.

One thing I am considering is the M6 GC.

I love the M5, but the GC is honestly better looking. As well, it seems to fair better performance wise from the reviews I've read.

I am a pretty big guy and would never consider a coupe as a daily driver. The GC may be a nice compromise.

How much smaller is it on the inside? I would go look at my local dealership but I'd probably walk out with some sort of new car and dont want that to happen!!
Rear seats are significant compromise. Front is fine.

Also the front seats are a lot less comfortable - not in terms of space, but in terms of the comfort of the seat itself. They are much more firm and they don't hold your upper body in place as well. The M5 seats are super comfy and keep you tightly in the seat.

This is a car you buy for the looks, but the M5 is much better from a user perspective.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Rear seats are significant compromise. Front is fine.

Also the front seats are a lot less comfortable - not in terms of space, but in terms of the comfort of the seat itself. They are much more firm and they don't hold your upper body in place as well. The M5 seats are super comfy and keep you tightly in the seat.

This is a car you buy for the looks, but the M5 is much better from a user perspective.
thanks. just the feedback I was looking for. looks like Ill be sticking with another M5.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
I loved the way the M6 GC looks from the outside, but I did not like the seating position at all. Feels much tighter and I felt that my head was way too close to the roof (even with the seat all the way down).

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Also remember that the M6 GC does not have a sunroof. Yeah the roof looks great from the outside and inside..................but I would rather have it open. It's more weight for the M5 to carry, but well worth the benefit in my mind.
Appreciate 0