M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #23
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgm5 View Post
Is there any information on this tune ?

Please read the previous post for the information. You can visit Ron's website @ performingimports.com and you will get an overview of his operation. He has been doing mods for BMW's and others for a while. He is a very friendly guy and extremely knowledgeable about his tune. He has some very good references on this board and others.

By the way, I misspoke about him being the only licensed tuner in the US; Dinan is the other licensee but they are still deeeeeeeeep into their tuning R & D. I will probably be a few more months before they announce a product and I can only guess that it will be at least 3X more expensive due to the warranty.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

ECU Tune by Performing Imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
OBD-II delivery of tune ? Or direct on DME

PM Sent on the tune details. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #25
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgm5 View Post
OBD-II tunes arent happening on these new cars anymore with encrypted ECU's. First the ECU will need to be unlocked via pulling it and opening it up.
You are incorrect about this particular tune but you are correct in your thinking. I am running it and know Ron personally.

You ARE correct that there are no other OBD II tunes that will work. This is 100% legitimate. Have been running it for more than 1000 miles and also running custom DP and exhaust also by Ron and Noelle. Car is a rocket.

There have been many discussions about tunes on here. You can PM me or call Ron. He is a highly connected person and a talk will assure you of the validity. He also has run the tune for a few thousand mile on his F10.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #26
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
Please read the previous post for the information. You can visit Ron's website @ performingimports.com and you will get an overview of his operation. He has been doing mods for BMW's and others for a while. He is a very friendly guy and extremely knowledgeable about his tune. He has some very good references on this board and others.

By the way, I misspoke about him being the only licensed tuner in the US; Dinan is the other licensee but they are still deeeeeeeeep into their tuning R & D. I will probably be a few more months before they announce a product and I can only guess that it will be at least 3X more expensive due to the warranty.
Dinan is/was looking at producing an actual custom ECU. I do not think there is any tune coming from them for the F10. Steve Dinan knows the capabilities and what can and cannot be done. He is one of the only people you should trust for straight answers about the possibilities. I am not certain that they are proceeding with the ECU. You would need to ask them directly. Ron can also fill you in on Dinan's projects. Very close colleagues.

Last edited by ColdList; 03-22-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #27
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Dinan is/was looking at producing an actual custom ECU. I do not think there is any tune coming form them for the F10. Steve Dinan knows the capabilities and what can and cannot be done. He is one of the only people you should trust for straight answers about the possibilities. I am not certain that they are proceeding with the ECU. You would need to ask them directly. Ron can also fill you in on Dinan's projects. Very close colleagues.
Coldlist - my last conversation with Ron covered this very topic - Dinan and their future tune. He did tell me that they were trying to produce a black box that would essentially be a piggyback. Thanks for filling in some of the blanks for some of the forum members.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #28
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Letter for ColdList

Dear ColdList,

Dude, can you pretty pretty please put your car on a dyno and show not only myself but the entire community the 80hp gain that the tune is supposedly making? I only ask you this because you are the only one that I know that has the Performing Imports tune on your F10 M5. I will even send you a box of cookies if you do this!

I am simply trying to get some verifiable undeniable information out to the community that the tune is legit. I have spoken with VF Engineering, ESS Tuning, and Switzer, and all of them are saying that although it is not impossible for a BMW Development software to produce that kind of power gain, but as of right now none of them are aware of such a tune that is positively producing that kind of power gain. ESS says that have access to BMW Development tune as well but only adds about 30hp and the other companies do have the BMW Development software tune for the F10 M5 right now that makes about 30hp as well, but nothing close to 80hp or higher. I've been told that the tune for the ~30hp gain was leaked a long time ago, and that ESS has even tested it over in Europe. They even put 100 octane in an F10 M5 with that tune and were able to make about 15hp extra on top of the 30hp gain the tune makes. Additionally I have learned that anybody out there offering a BMW Development Software tune is actually using software that is for Euro-Spec F10 M5s, and that people who have put this Euro-Spec software have experience anomalies and weird problems on their U.S.-Spec M5s I'm only talking about BMW Development software here and not anything that each company is producing in house.

For now the burden of proof rests with you my friend, or perhaps someone else that you might know in the Atlanta area that has the Performing Imports tune also. I think the community should be aware of the truth of whether or not this tune you currently have on your car is really making those kind of claims on power. As I have said before in other threads, so far I have seen no dyno's, no YouTube Video races against cars at similar power levels, and no vbox numbers as to the performance gains of this tune from Performining Imports.

So if you get a chance, can you please either put your vehicle on a dyno-dynamics machine, or a dyno-jet machine. A Mustang Dyno won't really work because the correction factor can be manipulated or put in wrong. Or shoot a video of you racing a car in your area with around the same power, I'm calculating that you should be around at least 650hp to the crank with your tune and current mods. Or even procure a vbox and use it to get some acceleration and timing data.

I have always been interested in the Performing Imports Tune from Ron and even after talking with him personally in the past I simply cannot commit to spending that amount of money without metrical proof of gains in performance. Unfortunately word of mouth is not going to work for me. Others can commit or do what they feel, but I must make sure I am getting what I am paying for. Bottom line, I've gotta see the numbers dude. Or as Jerry Maguire once said, "Show me the money!"

Your Bestest Friend,

RPiM5

Last edited by RPiM5; 03-22-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dear ColdList,

Dude, can you pretty pretty please put your car on a dyno and show not only myself but the entire community the 80hp gain that the tune is supposedly making? I only ask you this because you are the only one that I know that has the Performing Imports tune on your F10 M5. I will even send you a box of cookies if you do this!

I am simply trying to get some verifiable undeniable information out to the community that the tune is legit. I have spoken with VF Engineering, ESS Tuning, and Switzer, and all of them are saying that although it is not impossible for a BMW Development software to produce that kind of power gain, but as of right now none of them are aware of such a tune that is positively producing that kind of power gain. ESS says that have access to BMW Development tune as well but only adds about 30hp and the other companies do have the BMW Development software tune for the F10 M5 right now that makes about 30hp as well, but nothing close to 80hp or higher. I've been told that the tune for the ~30hp gain was leaked a long time ago, and that ESS has even tested it over in Europe. They even put 100 octane in an F10 M5 with that tune and were able to make about 15hp extra on top of the 30hp gain the tune makes. Additionally I have learned that anybody out there offering a BMW Development Software tune is actually using software that is for Euro-Spec F10 M5s, and that people who have put this Euro-Spec software have experience anomalies and weird problems on their U.S.-Spec M5s I'm only talking about BMW Development software here and not anything that each company is producing in house.

For now the burden of proof rests with you my friend, or perhaps someone else that you might know in the Atlanta area that has the Performing Imports tune also. I think the community should be aware of the truth of whether or not this tune you currently have on your car is really making those kind of claims on power. As I have said before in other threads, so far I have seen no dyno's, no YouTube Video races against cars at similar power levels, and no vbox numbers as to the performance gains of this tune from Performining Imports.

So if you get a chance, can you please either put your vehicle on a dyno-dynamics machine, or a dyno-jet machine. A Mustang Dyno won't really work because the correction factor can be manipulated or put in wrong. Or shoot a video of you racing a car in your area with around the same power, I'm calculating that you should be around at least 650hp to the crank with your tune and current mods. Or even procure a vbox and use it to get some acceleration and timing data.

I have always been interested in the Performing Imports Tune from Ron and even after talking with him personally in the past I simply cannot commit to spending that amount of money without metrical proof of gains in performance. Unfortunately word of mouth is not going to work for me. Others can commit or do what they feel, but I must make sure I am getting what I am paying for. Bottom line, I've gotta see the numbers dude. Or as Jerry Maguire once said, "Show me the money!"

Your Bestest Friend,

RPiM5
hahaha..I CANNOT believe you would even think about asking me to Dyno my car after ALL of these discussions (especially the ones you and I have had about DynoJet bs. I actually no of no one who knows how to properly run the DynoJet on the F10).

Secondly, I will NEVER Dyno this car for any reason-especially to PROVE anything.

****ANY CLAIMS OF SPECIFIC HP INCREASES DO NOT COME FROM ME****I do not want to be grouped into the "tune verification" group for any reason. The biggest thing that I know with certainty is that just about every person who gets the tune will go out and throw it on a Dyno Jet and get bs results and then be yelling opinions. I have been told by people in Germany who know the car very well that the the DynoJet methods being used here are completely incorrect and that the results are suspect at best. They laugh when they see the most basic rule (hood open) being shown in pictures and will not even have serious conversations about the Dyno runs. I want no part of the craziness that will inevitably ensure and I want no part of more Dyno discussions. This is between Ron at Performing Imports, Noelle and customers-which is precisely what I am. I have ZERO verifiable proof of anything. I will tell you for certain that the largest increase in power on my car came when I began running the combo of tune, DP and exhaust. THAT is when the car became extremely fast. I have ZERO idea how much actual HP is picked up by the tune whatsoever. That is 100% in the hands of Ron. I am an owner like you guys that is all. I just happen to live near Performing Imports and have had them tune cars for me in the past as well.

Whew! I hope that is enough of a disclaimer-hahahahahaha! Mine is not tuned to impress anyone. I love how fast it is and how it generally performs. It is faster, it has no quirks, no error lights, none of the anomalies that others have experienced. Good enough for me. I don't need a Dyno to tell me that I am happy.

Love ya bro but aint' happenin'
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #30
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Listen guys,

I have tried to say in my posts how "people read these boards" and how it is not wise to say certain things that may rub others the wrong way. I just had a conversation with Ron. I have known him personally for quite a while now. He is the ONLY person on earth that I would EVER allow to touch my BMW (ANY of them). I have experienced his work. I follow his direction unquestionably and I always leave thrilled. I also know if I have one tiny quirk whatsoever that he is there to take care of me at all costs. He will NOT let anyone be unhappy for any reason-not his style. He is connected to Noelle and Dinan closely and s highly credible.

He has explicitly told me that NO ONE on these boards who is talking about DynoJets and doing ridiculous things to their F10 M5 and relying on that kind of garbage will get ANY parts, tunes,etc. from him period. I spoke to Noelle as well previously and they will also not rely on the data from DynoJets being done wholly incorrectly. It is truly a severe irritant to most of these people and would cut you (and me) off if I went on about Dynos. I know for a fact this improper DynoJet results thing is tru as I personally sat there watching an F10 M5 strapped to a Dyno with a tune on it as we logged an immense amount of data. The operator looked very puzzled as he noticed what the DME was doing as it throttled the car up and down and threw all kinds of weird readings. The car actually showed LOWER numbers than a stock F10 M5 put on the same Dyno immediately afterward. Then both cars were put on the street (I personally drove both) and the tuned car was easily faster than the stock one. So at the end of the day I am firmly convinced of what I have been told and mine will not EVER see a DynoJet.

Sorry for the negativity but at some point the bs needs to come to a rest. BMW does engine Dynos and you have accurate results. 560 hp 502 lb. ft. of torque.. It is a LOT. ENJOY it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #31
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
hahaha..I CANNOT believe you would even think about asking me to Dyno my car after ALL of these discussions (especially the ones you and I have had about DynoJet bs. I actually no of no one who knows how to properly run the DynoJet on the F10).

Secondly, I will NEVER Dyno this car for any reason-especially to PROVE anything.

****ANY CLAIMS OF SPECIFIC HP INCREASES DO NOT COME FROM ME****I do not want to be grouped into the "tune verification" group for any reason. The biggest thing that I know with certainty is that just about every person who gets the tune will go out and throw it on a Dyno Jet and get bs results and then be yelling opinions. I have been told by people in Germany who know the car very well that the the DynoJet methods being used here are completely incorrect and that the results are suspect at best. They laugh when they see the most basic rule (hood open) being shown in pictures and will not even have serious conversations about the Dyno runs. I want no part of the craziness that will inevitably ensure and I want no part of more Dyno discussions. This is between Ron at Performing Imports, Noelle and customers-which is precisely what I am. I have ZERO verifiable proof of anything. I will tell you for certain that the largest increase in power on my car came when I began running the combo of tune, DP and exhaust. THAT is when the car became extremely fast. I have ZERO idea how much actual HP is picked up by the tune whatsoever. That is 100% in the hands of Ron. I am an owner like you guys that is all. I just happen to live near Performing Imports and have had them tune cars for me in the past as well.

Whew! I hope that is enough of a disclaimer-hahahahahaha! Mine is not tuned to impress anyone. I love how fast it is and how it generally performs. It is faster, it has no quirks, no error lights, none of the anomalies that others have experienced. Good enough for me. I don't need a Dyno to tell me that I am happy.

Love ya bro but aint' happenin'
LOLOLOLOL! I knew that you would get a kick out of it!

I knew you wouldn't be down to dyno hence why I gave other ways to help verify power gains. There's got to be somebody in your neighborhood that you can race. Or maybe I can mail you a vbox?

I'm talking hearsay at this point, but we got some 11 year old dude over on the other forum stating that he rode in Ron's M5 and that Ron has even GPS verified sub 3.0 second 0-60mph. Sounds sketch, but would love for it to be true. As I'm sure everybody else would.

Beside it does it really matter if a dyno is showing that your car is making 50hp to the wheels when after the tune it will show 130hp? It's not about the actual horsepower numbers, it's about the delta in horsepower after the tune. You know how I feel about dyno's too, how they are too variable and how they aren't done right, and how they are not really an accurate measure of horsepower, but a delta in horsepower may be a good indication of gain. Anyways, I'm not going to deliberate on this more as I already know how you feel. Lol!

Main point here being that, you've had your reliable source for M5 modifications for many years and so have I. Now my sources are saying what Ron has is improbable but not impossible. I'm just looking for proof, but I understand how you feel, since you are not a representative of the company.

Don't make me drive all the way over to Atlanta to race you!

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #32
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
LOLOLOLOL! I knew that you would get a kick out of it!

I knew you wouldn't be down to dyno hence why I gave other ways to help verify power gains. There's got to be somebody in your neighborhood that you can race. Or maybe I can mail you a vbox?

I'm talking hearsay at this point, but we got some 11 year old dude over on the other forum stating that he rode in Ron's M5 and that Ron has even GPS verified sub 3.0 second 0-60mph. Sounds sketch, but would love for it to be true. As I'm sure everybody else would.

Beside it does it really matter if a dyno is showing that your car is making 50hp to the wheels when after the tune it will show 130hp? It's not about the actual horsepower numbers, it's about the delta in horsepower after the tune. You know how I feel about dyno's too, how they are too variable and how they aren't done right, and how they are not really an accurate measure of horsepower, but a delta in horsepower may be a good indication of gain. Anyways, I'm not going to deliberate on this more as I already know how you feel. Lol!

Main point here being that, you've had your reliable source for M5 modifications for many years and so have I. Now my sources are saying what Ron has is improbable but not impossible. I'm just looking for proof, but I understand how you feel, since you are not a representative of the company.

Don't make me drive all the way over to Atlanta to race you!

hahaha! Bring it on brother.

No, the point is that variances on Dyno results won;t matter either because the DME is going to give you garbage. Neither result will be anything but suspect.

Yeah, I would not listen to any of that about GPS sub 3 runs. Ask Ron, not an 11 year old. Ron's car is FAST and he and I get a good laugh about whose is faster (prob not wise of me)

Honestly, I can't get mine to hook yet. Launching is kind of silly. I would need a proper tire setup to do that. I have 305 Michelin SS on the rear and they spin. I probably could not put down any more power if I had it.

Side note: Ron had one of the BMW Performance school drivers at his shop today. Drove Ron's car and said it was the fastest he had ever driven.

I would say to anyone who seriously wants their car faster to commit or not commit. Buy the tune, downpipes and exhaust or don't bother. That is the combo 100% for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #33
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dear ColdList,

Your Bestest Friend,

RPiM5
Maybe you should join us over in Scottsdale (even if you don't bring your car) because I am sure you will have some true believers after the tune. I am still waiting for a couple of the members that "are on the fence" to commit.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #34
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Maybe you should join us over in Scottsdale (even if you don't bring your car) because I am sure you will have some true believers after the tune. I am still waiting for a couple of the members that "are on the fence" to commit.
The problem with this is that Ron doesn't give refunds. If you dyno your car, Ron puts on the tune, you dyno it again and it doesn't make anywhere close to 80hp or you even lose hp then you would be out $4,000 for a product you paid for that doesn't do what it said would. I've already lost $4,000 in bad stock investments in the past, I'd hate to lose it this way as well. I'm not in the habit of throwing money away. Then again maybe I am since I am into modding BMW's. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #35
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

No, the point is that variances on Dyno results won;t matter either because the DME is going to give you garbage. Neither result will be anything but suspect.

Yeah, I would not listen to any of that about GPS sub 3 runs. Ask Ron, not an 11 year old. Ron's car is FAST and he and I get a good laugh about whose is faster (prob not wise of me)

Honestly, I can't get mine to hook yet. Launching is kind of silly. I would need a proper tire setup to do that. I have 305 Michelin SS on the rear and they spin. I probably could not put down any more power if I had it.

Side note: Ron had one of the BMW Performance school drivers at his shop today. Drove Ron's car and said it was the fastest he had ever driven.

I would say to anyone who seriously wants their car faster to commit or not commit. Buy the tune, downpipes and exhaust or don't bother. That is the combo 100% for sure.
I'm not saying that you owe anything to anyone about Ron's tune but I know that there would be a lot more pie-eyed believers if you or you and Ron did a V-Box run/video. I would not blame you at all if you don't because you know what you have and how good it works.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #36
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The problem with this is that Ron doesn't give refunds. If you dyno your car, Ron puts on the tune, you dyno it again and it doesn't make anywhere close to 80hp or you even lose hp then you would be out $4,000 for a product you paid for that doesn't do what it said would. I've already lost $4,000 in bad stock investments in the past, I'd hate to lose it this way as well. I'm not in the habit of throwing money away. Then again maybe I am since I am into modding BMW's. Lol!
I can appreciate your views and your amount of caution when it comes to these mods. Just follow some of the other member's threads and you see what has been verified and what has not. By the way, you only lost 4K on stocks, try 20X that for me and my a** and wallet still hurts from that.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #37
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Funny, I'll be at the BMW Performance Driving school in a couple of weeks. I'll ask around.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #38
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I can appreciate your views and your amount of caution when it comes to these mods. Just follow some of the other member's threads and you see what has been verified and what has not. By the way, you only lost 4K on stocks, try 20X that for me and my a** and wallet still hurts from that.
Or how about this. I will go to Arizona. I will pay to have your M5 dyno'd before the tune is installed and I will pay to have your M5 dyno'd after the tune is installed. Then if the tune makes what is claimed I will get it. No cost to you. Whatd'ya say?

I'm also looking into buying a vbox right now.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #39
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Or how about this. I will go to Arizona. I will pay to have your M5 dyno'd before the tune is installed and I will pay to have your M5 dyno'd after the tune is installed. Then if the tune makes what is claimed I will get it. No cost to you. Whatd'ya say?

I'm also looking into buying a vbox right now.
Dudes..I am not sure you read between the lines on my earlier post about my discussion with him today...
Ron is NOT going to tune ANY of the cars because of all of this crazy talk.

As for ME personally, I could NOT CARE LESS who believes what. I have no idea whether I got 30,40,-100 hp and I don't know whether it is from the tune, the DP, the exhaust or the combination of all. Don't care. Got a super fast car that likes to spin the tires a lot more than it did stock. Was always fast...just knocked it up a notch or two thanks to Ron and Karl Otto Noelle.

This ongoing discussion is undoubtedly full of guys who will ignore what they are being told about the DynoJet and the F10 M5 and who will rush right out and do it anyway, get their COMPLETELY FALSE results and then yell that they are not getting what they expected and he is having nothing of it (his words-actually they were quite a bit more direct).

I do information marketing for a living and there are things in our mind called "influencers" which we are all born with that we cannot resist no matter how hard we try. My partners and I use these with crazy success in our marketing for our products. We work a handful of hours maximum every week and have wonderful lives because of our mastery of them. There are a few of them that work on people EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE BEING "SOLD". This whole DynoJet F10 M5 thing you guys are believing has got us beat hands down. You have heard it, just as I have, from people who either are or who are closely connected to people behind the technologies in these cars and yet you still believe! Magical I tell ya

Last edited by ColdList; 03-22-2013 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #40
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Funny, I'll be at the BMW Performance Driving school in a couple of weeks. I'll ask around.
You could actually call Ron directly and he will share the guy's name. He told me today. I think the guy is in Spartanburg, SC.

Man you must have some good s*** to smoke out there bro! RPI tells you that you get 50-60hp on an exhaust and you bought THAT and then you bust my b***s. Maybe we do need to meet in the middle and line these bad boys up.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #41
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dudes..I am not sure you read between the lines on my earlier post about my discussion with him today...
Ron is NOT going to tune ANY of the cars because of all of this crazy talk.

As for ME personally, I could NOT CARE LESS who believes what. I have no idea whether I got 30,40,-100 hp and I don;t know whether it is form the tune, the DP, the exhaust or the combination of all. Don't care. Got a super fast car that likes to spin the tires a lot more than it did stock. Was always fast...just knocked it up a notch or two thanks to Ron and Karl Otto Noelle.

This ongoing discussion is undoubtedly full of guys who will ignore what they are being told about the DynoJet and the F10 M5 and who will rush right out and do it anyway, get their COMPLETELY FALSE results and then yell that they are not getting what they expected and he is having nothing of it (his words-actually they were quite a bit more direct).

I do information marketing for a living and there are things in our mind called "influencers" which we are all born with that we cannot resist no matter how hard we try. My partners and I use these with crazy success in our marketing for our products. We work a handful of hours maximum every week and have wonderful lives because of our mastery of them. There are a few of them that work on people EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE BEING "SOLD". This whole DynoJet F10 M5 thing you guys are believing has got us beat hands down. You have heard it, just as I have, from people who either are or who are closely connected to people behind the technologies in these cars and yet you still believe! Magical I tell ya
Well, sorry to hear that Ron won't tune anything for us in Scottsdale. I didn't have any doubts or I wouldn't shell out the money for the tune. But, there will always be guys out there that are sure they can "beat the system" or want 'guarantees" for everything they do or pay for in life. Once had a friend that wanted to do a start-up business with me as a partner. He also wanted a guarantee we would make money. Needless to say, I did it myself and been doing okay for quite a few years.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #42
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Well, sorry to hear that Ron won't tune anything for us in Scottsdale. I didn't have any doubts or I wouldn't shell out the money for the tune. But, there will always be guys out there that are sure they can "beat the system" or want 'guarantees" for everything they do or pay for in life. Once had a friend that wanted to do a start-up business with me as a partner. He also wanted a guarantee we would make money. Needless to say, I did it myself and been doing okay for quite a few years.
Call Ron directly man. He is a great guy.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #43
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Does coldlist have the most powerful M5 in the U.S? Or is it the ringmeister? Guess well never know..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #44
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I'm one of those guys that has invested a fair bit of money in mods for my M5 including brand new HRE S101 I will pick up tomorrow. I'm a car fanatic and starting modding my cars 44 years ago. Yep, I bought a 1963 Ford Gallexy 500 XL with a 390 4 barrel and 4 speed. I immediately added headers, hurst shifter, ET wheels, Thrush mufflers, Sun tach, dual 4 barrels with an edlebrock high rise manifold. Yeah, I was just as crazy when I was 16.

Fast forward, and for a more recent experience, in October of 2009 I bought a brand new 2010 BMW M3 E92 and before I took delivery I had the dealer bolt on every Dinan mod available including their race exhaust and associated tune. I was extremely curious to see if I gained any real horsepower for 15 grand. Fortunately, my son has a brand new M3 4 door which is totally stock. We took both cars over to a local Dynojet shop for a comparison. Most stock M3's record 330hp to 340hp to the wheels. So, my son's car came in at 353hp and my car came in at 380hp.

To be honest, I was pretty disappointed with my gains for all that money. But that being said, there was no comparision when I drove his car and drove mine. We both agreed it was like night and day. My car felt way faster. So we found an empty back road on a Sunday, and sure enough, my car just kills his. I would estimate 8 car lengths from 30mph to 100mph.

Here's the final piece of the story. The dyno results said my son's car cranked out 20 more HP that the average M3, and remember his car is a sedan which is 200lb heavier that the coupe. Finale is we recently participated in an airfield 1/2 mile race day and my son had an opportunity to race a stock 2012 M3 DCT coupe, and crushed it by 4 car lengths proving that the dyno results adequatley represented the extra power his engine produces, for what ever reason. The other M3 owner was calling him a lier for not devaulging his modes. LOL You can just imagine what my M3 would have done to him.

So, my only point is the mods do make a difference, and even though our US dyno's are very different than the ones used in Germany, the difference any decent dyno registers in before and after mods is a resonable indicator of power gains.

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0