M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #23
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
So you got $1500 over invoice? Are you one of the earlier deliveries as well?
No no, I mentioned $1500 over invoice on an M3 order I placed last year. As sexy as the M5 is to me, I neither want nor need that much space, and since I have no need for 2 cars and go to the track fairly frequently, I figure I've already got the right machine for this point in my life.

Sorry for the confusion there, I edited my original post.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
matthewEW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TT RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan81 View Post
I contacted my local dealer this week in an attempt to order a new M5 and was quoted market price plus $20,000 premuim above MSRP. I just wondered whether other dealerships are quoting similar premiums?
The dealer you contacted is an example of a greedy one just what one of the guys in this forum mentioned. The dealer is trying to fleece you, the buyer, who may be willing to "bite the bullet" taking advantage of the "expected" and "anticipated" flurries of orders. Initially, this may work but in the long run, he will starve his delearship. My suggestion is to look around. Even here in the tristate area (NY,NJ,Conn), I was able to find several BMW dealership with fair pricing. The maximum "premium" that I got was $5000 and the least was $1000 over MSRP. I am sure if I can find these dealers, you too should be able to find a dealer in/around your area who will have fair pricing. I will drop like a hot potato this greedy dealer you contacted unless you don't care and you have the money to burn. You could also wait it out until the flurries of initial orders abate, as I am sure the pricing will settle -- in this economy, $100,000 is no easy amount to come by.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #25
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

I guess this is the one thing that works out better in Canada then in the US.

We don't pay PREMIUMS of $1000 OVER MSRP...thats crazy!

We pay either MSRP, or as much as we can negotiate off the car's price.
I'm looking to get at least 5k off of MSRP if I go ahead and buy this car.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #26
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

20,000 above MSRP what kind of drugs are your dealers on ?! Anyways, i've already managed to knock 1k off MSRP through some survey. Right when they order it they include a code. And i still haven't even negotiated the price. Time to find another dealer!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #27
matthewEW
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedM6 View Post
I guess this is the one thing that works out better in Canada then in the US.

We don't pay PREMIUMS of $1000 OVER MSRP...thats crazy!

We pay either MSRP, or as much as we can negotiate off the car's price.
I'm looking to get at least 5k off of MSRP if I go ahead and buy this car.
It is called capitalism! The price of commodities is not fixed by government, but by the market forces themselves -- supply and demand.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #28
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW View Post
It is called capitalism! The price of commodities is not fixed by government, but by the market forces themselves -- supply and demand.
Of course... but thats no different here in Canada! Thats how it works here too.

But still...very rarely do you see or hear of a dealership asking above MSRP.

Out of principle, I would walk away from that deal SOOO FAST!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #29
matthewEW
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I believe Canada as well as Europe is a more regulated market. For example, although gas prices are high in Canada, do you think any gas station there can just charge $3.00 or more for the gas if you use a charge card as oppose to paying in cash -- this is the case here (in some States)? I think market prices there are more regulated. Nowadays, the current democrat administration is trying to regulate everything, be it our lives or commodity prices, so maybe the U.S. is moving towards that goal of a more (or over) regulated market.

The only rule for the prices is that it has to be posted but some unscrupulous gas station only post the cash price and not the price when one uses a charge or credit card.

Last edited by matthewEW; 05-01-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #30
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The only rule for the prices is that it has to be posted but some unscrupulous gas station only post the cash price and not the price when one uses a charge or credit card.
Thats even more f***ed up then charging over MSRP for a car!

A Gas station will charge you more for using a credit card? haha. Thats a joke!!!

I used to think how great it would be to live in the US sometimes, many things are much cheaper. (for example the M5, almost 10k more here still). But damn...gas stations charging a premium for using your Credit card?

Thats just crazy!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #31
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thats even more f***ed up then charging over MSRP for a car!

A Gas station will charge you more for using a credit card? haha. Thats a joke!!!

I used to think how great it would be to live in the US sometimes, many things are much cheaper. (for example the M5, almost 10k more here still). But damn...gas stations charging a premium for using your Credit card?

Thats just crazy!
Hmm, most gas stations aren't dumb enough to call it a credit card premium; they usually call it a "cash discount", and it's usually done either as a perk since they won't have to pay the merchant services fee on the transaction -- or on the shadier shops (and businesses with cash discounts in general), so they don't have to report the income from those transactions on their tax returns.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #32
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Of course... but thats no different here in Canada! Thats how it works here too.

But still...very rarely do you see or hear of a dealership asking above MSRP.

Out of principle, I would walk away from that deal SOOO FAST!
Don't blame the dealer, blame the idiot that pays $20k above MSRP b/c he's too lazy to shop around. It's the same with service, u can't blame them for giving u the run around when you bring your car in because 90% of the people just sit there and take it and pay the bill. Hell, last time I went in for my C63 service a woman brought her S class in because one tire was low on air! At the end of the day, everyone wants to make a buck, don't be the sucker that pays it.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #33
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerStarBmw View Post
20,000 above MSRP what kind of drugs are your dealers on ?! Anyways, i've already managed to knock 1k off MSRP through some survey. Right when they order it they include a code. And i still haven't even negotiated the price. Time to find another dealer!
The ONLY reason they are asking for that premium is that someone will pay it.

Curious what survey you are referring to?

Also, dont forget BMWCCA Membership Reward Rebate, should be $1500 for this car, maybe $1000.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #34
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
Curious what survey you are referring to?

Also, dont forget BMWCCA Membership Reward Rebate, should be $1500 for this car, maybe $1000.
YES...What are these and how do we get in on it?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #35
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
YES...What are these and how do we get in on it?
It's a $1000 rebate, and to get it you need to be a member on the delivery date and have been one for at least a year prior to that date with no lapses in that time. Then after you purchase your car, BMW CCA has some forms you can send for a rebate check. It's all outlined on their website: http://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate

Gone but not forgotten:

Last edited by jphughan; 05-01-2012 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #36
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
It's a $1000 rebate, and to get it you need to currently be a member and have been one for at least a full year prior to the purchase. Then after you purchase your car, BMW CCA has some forms you can send for a rebate check. It's all outlined on their website: http://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate
Im joining right now - its just the basic membership correct? I saw something for a premier membership but you cannot join that any longer.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #37
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
Im joining right now - its just the basic membership correct? I saw something for a premier membership but you cannot join that any longer.
Correct, basic is all you need. Primary benefit of Premier is roadside assistance if you don't have it through BMW anymore (though I've heard the CCA roadside is better than BMW's own anyway). Now all you have to do is wait a full year to buy your next BMW if you want that rebate!

In all seriousness though, one of the biggest perks of CCA membership is the Roundel subscription; it's a great magazine, and definitely not a BMW marketing tool. There's almost as much BMW rant as BMW praise in there, but it's all good stuff.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #38
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

Probably waiting a year is a good idea. If there's any problems in the first year of production it will hopefully be fixed by next year this time.

The 991 have been out for a few short months and there are some sitting on the lots and everyone I have talked to has said that you can get 5% discount on them right now. I'm sure the same will apply to the M5 in the winter. Plus many people don't buy cars at that time of year so you might really be able to score a deal if you can be a little patient.

I am doing my homework and figuring out which car I want. I have it narrowed down to 3 cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #39
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Correct, basic is all you need. Primary benefit of Premier is roadside assistance if you don't have it through BMW anymore (though I've heard the CCA roadside is better than BMW's own anyway). Now all you have to do is wait a full year to buy your next BMW if you want that rebate!

In all seriousness though, one of the biggest perks of CCA membership is the Roundel subscription; it's a great magazine, and definitely not a BMW marketing tool. There's almost as much BMW rant as BMW praise in there, but it's all good stuff.
PLUS you are supposed to get 20% off all parts and merchandise at your dealership. Mine randomly throws in "that part is not able to be discounted", which is primarily tires and things they've got cut so low, they cant discount.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #40
SleepTight
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

While I've enjoyed our little dalliance into Canadian gas stations and the wonder rebate offered by CCA Membership (which everyone on this forum should have anyway), lets get back to USA M5 Pricing.

My dealer (with whom I already have a $1500 deposit) quoted me MSRP and not a penny less or more for either ED or USA port of entry.

Is there anybody who has gotten better than MSRP on a USA M5 thus far?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #41
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

To help some people on pricing, there is a 1,000 discount its called the Bmw drive for team USA . It's on any 2012 or 2013 bmw. I just recently got this discount, ask your dealer about it. Your welcome
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #42
ddmerino
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerStarBmw View Post
To help some people on pricing, there is a 1,000 discount its called the Bmw drive for team USA . It's on any 2012 or 2013 bmw. I just recently got this discount, ask your dealer about it. Your welcome
I actually signed up for that drive for this summer. Did you have to give them your confirmation number 'cause I do have one? Also, does that discount only apply at the dealership (if you purchase from that dealer) where you registered as an attendee and test drive the car?
Appreciate 0