M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #23
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

What a fantastic colour combo you have there. I spec'd Individual Opal White to go with my San Marino blue M6 and whilst it looks great, it's a total nightmare to maintain. So, if I had my time again, I'd go for the same 'superman-spec' as you.

As for the speed limit removal, I'm in exactly the same boat doing a few Euro trips a year. I took my M6 to Germany in October and can confirm the speed limiter (at an indicated 169mph, so probably a real 160ish) was a real annoyance - the car really is in its stride at that speed and it's all over so quickly. It's interesting that you've been told no by a German dealer as that was going to be my next approach after there being absolutely no other official or aftermarket option - I wonder what's so hard that people can't crack this time?

Tuners have managed to manipulate the ECU for more power so why is something so seemingly simple as the limiter so out of reach? Even Manhart are saying that to remove the limiter, you must first have the factory Drivers Package fitted, so no good for us in the UK. We need a contact at BMW HQ in Germany to contact about this.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #24
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

I love red more than any other color in general and had more red cars than any other color.
I got Sakhir Orange outside because of how much I love Red or Similar colors (Bold) and can't go Sakhir Orange on Sakhir Orange -; )
And of course more Red when you get it exterior!
But my second choice will be MCB and SO like yours as already my second preferred exterior color is MCB though I believe SO is best interior hands down and Maserati like looks and even better!!
Wanna laugh -?

I showed your car to my wife -
And first question was HOW MUCH MORE YOU HAVE TO PAY TO GET THAT RED INTERIOR!!

And she didn't believe it is for no extra money!!
It is amazing...
Black on Sakhir Orange will be even nicer as a combination match but then exterior is not that unique and won't stand out!
And I know you know that! -
Glad you didn't listen to your SA... He was a chicken -

I am jealous not of color but of 16% discount!! OMG!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:20 PM   #25
Leveraged Sellout
Private
Rep
Drives: 1988 535i

Beautiful car, congrats! That's my favorite color combo on these cars, I don't care what anyone says. Best exterior color, best interior color - can't go wrong. Can't wait to hear your impressions after the break-in service.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #26
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Very nice car indeed!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 02:15 AM   #27
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcclemes View Post
I have tried BMW UK and Germany. Both have said not possible. I even went into a German dealer who also said it is impossible. I think the limiter is a fairly relaxed 155 - 160 MPH
My car hits the limited at 270 Kph, which i believe is 168 mph. I talked to the dealer, and they said they could remove the limiter for me, provided i show them a race license (which I have)

Congrats on the car BTW, beautiful combo, but why the tow hook?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 05:55 AM   #28
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

that chrome window trims works for me.
      01-27-2014, 09:27 AM   #29
bobafettt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:24 AM   #30
hcclemes
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahano
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcclemes View Post
I have tried BMW UK and Germany. Both have said not possible. I even went into a German dealer who also said it is impossible. I think the limiter is a fairly relaxed 155 - 160 MPH
My car hits the limited at 270 Kph, which i believe is 168 mph. I talked to the dealer, and they said they could remove the limiter for me, provided i show them a race license (which I have)

Congrats on the car BTW, beautiful combo, but why the tow hook?
I have a small trailer that I need to take garden waste to my local council tip.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #31
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Great looking car.
I am now warming too The interior colour, I need to see it in the flesh before I would Order it though.

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 05-03-2014 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0