Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #23
Houston Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5hadoop View Post
I"m also in the camp that sees the M5 as a perfect combination of performance and luxury and there is no way I would've ordered mine without the full leather.

It makes sense for BMW to offer the option of forgoing full leather for those that don't care and prioritize the performance part, but I still don't understand why I had to go through BMW Individual to get a full leather Amaro Brown interior. Sure you can get full leather as long as it is Black, Silverstone or Sakhir Orange. Seems like an awfully limited choice to me for a car of this caliber.
Exactly my point!! It took 2 months, let me repeat, 2 months for my dealer to get an answer from BMWNA. Further, it really upset me that if I want Full black leather or SakhirBlack it is $3500, but if I want to go from a $5000 Extended Amaro to Amaro to full Amaro with just 3 additional black pieces to be added black leather pieces, it is $9740. Come on this car costs over $90k. It was, and still is easier to get full leather on a 650i, which I am currently driving. Further, if you do all the research there seems to be different prices to at "BMW Individual" depending on who you talk to and what day.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #24
m5hadoop
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Bimmer View Post
Exactly my point!! It took 2 months, let me repeat, 2 months for my dealer to get an answer from BMWNA. Further, it really upset me that if I want Full black leather or SakhirBlack it is $3500, but if I want to go from a $5000 Extended Amaro to Amaro to full Amaro with just 3 additional black pieces to be added black leather pieces, it is $9740. Come on this car costs over $90k. It was, and still is easier to get full leather on a 650i, which I am currently driving. Further, if you do all the research there seems to be different prices to at "BMW Individual" depending on who you talk to and what day.
At least both of us were quoted the exact same minor $4750 extra cost....
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #25
Houston Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5hadoop View Post
At least both of us were quoted the exact same minor $4750 extra cost....
Good Point. At least on this one. The $4750 is MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #26
Hammer91
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:
That is the price for full individual leather. Not really happy they soak you for it, but I would do it again. VERY pleased with how it came out, especially with the Light Sen wood trim.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf scan0001.pdf (931.5 KB, 404 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 06:24 PM   #27
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tanzanite Blue M5

Quote:
To get the discontinued Cohiba full in my car was $15K, crazy I know, but I couldn't live without it. I could justify getting it by scratching the B&O. But it only took about 3 days to get approval for my request.
      09-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #28
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
I am curious if other have gotten pricing. I have ordered a new 2015 M5 and am being told the cost to bring my extended Amaro Brown leather to Full Amaro Brown leather is and additional $4740 ($9,740 less the $5,000 on the configurator on line.)

Has anyone else down this and if so what did you pay?
I have Amaro Brown interior and Piano trim, its the two are 6k.. and I have a nasty synthetic dash and door tops. Its ridiculous that IND interiors don't come with black full leather on the dash and doors as Standard with an option to upgrade to Full Amaro Brown.

MSRP was 122k and the dash bothers me every time I get in it. I'm dumbfounded how BMW glossed over this one, esp. with IND optioned cars. The person willing to spend 5k on a special leather color is clearly interested in having a leather covered dash. WTF.

Same person who made the decision on the final look of the rear calipers offered his 2 cents on the cost savings in the interior.

Last edited by ///M3THOD; 09-25-2014 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 11:05 PM   #29
Seanmag
M-enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP

Beautiful taste in color combo! In agreement, dumbfounded that full leather is not offered w/ IND.. let alone, standard on a car of this caliber.

...that same guy that made those decisions probably loves posts like this - marketing genius as it's tempting me to check the box on full leather for my M5 order. cha'ching!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #30
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanmag View Post
Beautiful taste in color combo! In agreement, dumbfounded that full leather is not offered w/ IND.. let alone, standard on a car of this caliber.

...that same guy that made those decisions probably loves posts like this - marketing genius as it's tempting me to check the box on full leather for my M5 order. cha'ching!
You've GOT to go with FULL leather!
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #31
Seanmag
M-enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP

I'm basically renting for 36 months... at $39 extra per month for full leather its a no brainer.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #32
Houston Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
I have Amaro Brown interior and Piano trim, its the two are 6k.. and I have a nasty synthetic dash and door tops. Its ridiculous that IND interiors don't come with black full leather on the dash and doors as Standard with an option to upgrade to Full Amaro Brown.

MSRP was 122k and the dash bothers me every time I get in it. I'm dumbfounded how BMW glossed over this one, esp. with IND optioned cars. The person willing to spend 5k on a special leather color is clearly interested in having a leather covered dash. WTF.

Same person who made the decision on the final look of the rear calipers offered his 2 cents on the cost savings in the interior.

Your car looks great!! I really want my Amaro Brown, and with everyone's comment I am clearly am going to pop for the full Amaro brown leather. I know it would bother me everyday, as you mentioned. My goal was to try to get as nice an interior in my 2015 M5 as I have in my current 2012 650i. I love the interior and contrast stitching in my 650i, and don't see why this is not part of the standard option package as it was in my 650i. I agree that the M5 should be the best match of Sport and Luxury.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #33
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:

That's a classy combination - one that clearly calls for a full leather dash.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #34
Hammer91
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Comp

Quote:

I feel your pain! I ranted about this and even shared my displeasure with the BMW Welt folks when I picked up my "temporary" 2013 M5 on ED while waiting for my 2014 with CP and full Nutmeg leather. They are trying to save the full leather for the M6 as a more "upscale" model as well as issues with the chassis having to go to BMW individual (in another location) for the coachwork in other than the standard interior colors. I call BS on both those, especially since all the extra pieces are just black anyway. It's just a way to jack up the price. But I have made my piece with it, I'm very pleased with my full nutmeg/light sen interior. Its only money, right?

That being said your car is very nice as is, Amarro Brown a favorite color of mine as well, and the Piano Black looks great with it. Not sure I would retrofit the dash unless my mechanic convinced me it was quite simple. The door tops probably not a big deal.

Interested to see what you decide!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #35
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 07:12 AM   #36
Scott@Radar-Mirror.com
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 550i

Picked my car up with the new leather dash installed yesterday, couldn't be happier with how this turned out. No squeaks, rattles - completely silent and looks awesome. Not sure if I will do the door panels but the dash upgrade is definitely worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #37
Houston Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Lets see some pictures of your new leather!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #38
mango14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

What was final cost?

Any other leather upgrades since?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #39
ncizns
Rep
Drives: 2011 550I

Unhappy Full leather

I have just ordered a 2015 M5 CP to replace my current 2013 M5 with full black leather. Both cars are azurite black but the new car has full amaro brown leather. Cost of $9500. I am annoyed with BMW. Full Sakir, Silverstone, or Black cost $3500. Extended individual Amaro cost $5000. To get leather on the dash and lower door panels cost an additional $4500. You get a leather dash with the executive package on the 550 or can add it to a 5 series car for $1900. For 2 months I sought an explanation from BMW for this dramatic difference (rip off) and none was provided. I cannot (refuse) to drive a M5 without full leather. $10,000.00 is a lot to pay to have a different color esp. when I saw that this color is offered standard in M6 cars - I am outraged. I just don't know how to make BMW address this outrage. What I do know is that I am not alone. Others have faced this same shameful extortion.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 03:29 AM   #40
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 13 AWSO M5,16 DGMR X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMX-M3 View Post
Picked my car up with the new leather dash installed yesterday, couldn't be happier with how this turned out. No squeaks, rattles - completely silent and looks awesome. Not sure if I will do the door panels but the dash upgrade is definitely worth the money.
Hey, how much do you spend on the full leather dash? You have to change the top part of the door trim as well, haven't you? Anyway what is the price idea to retro this? I don't have the full leather as well, as BMW Indonesia offers only 1 spec on M5. =(

Standard option for BMW Indonesia is down spec!! 19 inch, no extended leather, no driver assist pack, and no B&O..
upgrades: RKP front spoiler, M performance carbon spoiler, 3D design rear carbon diffuser, KW HAS Sleeve Kit, Akrapovic Evolution Carbon tips, ind black LCI front and rear grills, GruppeM RAM intake, 20" HRE P104 satin charcoal with PSS tires)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 11:14 AM   #41
QuickOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMX-M3 View Post
I would potentially be interested in doing this as well. Would you mind sending over the part numbers?
Appreciate 0