M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

06-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #67
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post

Everything look good for still running 93 octane?

So 4th gear pulls for awhile to help the MAF adjust right M6?
Not sure that looks like older firmware from what I was using I'll have to check tomorrow and see, but on my M5 fully stock I'm running 4lb boost increase with 93 octane and been running strong with no codes or any signs of power loss.

Once you raise the boost do a couple third gear pulls. Then let her rest, I'd do fourth after you feel like third is feeling stronger, maybe in the next day or so. Fourth is a great gear to get some good readings but it's better to let third gear be your first couple of pulls. Take baby steps that way the car won't freak out. You'll notice by the second or third day it will be a beast and consistent. Have a good balance between crusing and full open throttle pulls.
If she feels like she starts to heat soak or power is down a bit just cruise a bit or take a break. Remember letting her rest is where she adjusts. So just as much time you spend on open throttle pulls you also want to park and lock her up for the adaptations to happen.
Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #68
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern X5M View Post
How is your 60 foot with 25psi? I am cutting better times with about 20-21 psi. My tires were still chirping a bit at 25psi. At 21 I can't sense any wheel spin.
Well my best was a 1.68 and that was in burn out mode no wheel spin or chirping. Could be a little but of everything, track prep, broken in tires, tires warmed up right. Either way I only ran it three times in burnout mode and every run was 1.68 1.72 and 1.73.
Will try 20psi and see what I get. I think everyone here is giving some great advice and info and I like taking advice just as much as giving.
I hope to go back soon and see what she will get.
Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #69
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Lowering the tire pressure on the street helps tremendously especially in our cars with lots of torque and less grip. The last two shift s3ctor events I tried many different techniques for roll racing and the sweet spot for our cars is 50mph 3rd gear and 26 psi in pilot sports.
I use drag radials on the strip and 21 psi did not work for me. It had too much grip and the car would bog. 23-24 made a big difference and I got a 1.7 flat 60 foot.
Good advice will have to try your method on the street. As for the strip she doesn't bog unless I just gas it at the light or use launch control. But when I did burnout mode she took off like a sling shot no wheels spin what's so ever.
R888 25psi and got the best 60ft ever in burn out mode. All my other runs we're a best 1.89 and average 1.92's give or take.
I believe you were launch a whole different way that I have been.
Once again thanks for the advice keep it comin
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #70
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andym3100k View Post
U can even do 4.5 if u have access to 93 octane. My 0 problem, we need to let as much owner understanding this as possible so all of us can move to the next level in terms of the power of the engine than there will be a break thru. I strongly believe the S63TU can do more than what others r thinking of.

2007 N54 stock engine with fbo, at the present already can achieve 700+rwhp so why can't our 2012 S63TU technology do that or even more? For me it is only The lag of enough people playing with it so there isn't enough demand for the tuner to explore more to break thru the power. This is the 1st turbo charging engine that BMW is putting into their M cars, I don't think they will put in lousy stuff into the engine like piston, rod or any other parts so the engine should be strong enough to hold more than what others can really think.

Lastly I want to thank M6beast again for his sharing n advice on the adaption methods so more n more of us can understand more about the power level of this engine rather than just worry n stop rising boost level after the 1st round of misfire.
Thanks man, glad i can give some help and advice love to see fellow m owners taking their beast to another level and enjoying every minute of it.

the biggest thing is people need to understand this is a piggy back not a DME flash so it takes more time to adapt and running the car in ways that it learns. Kind of like adding a DP or muffler delete. The power will change because the car gets different readings from the previous. The thing with intake DP ect, the change isnt as drastic as a boost increase so the car doesn't flip out. That's why you have to take baby steps with such large boost increase letting her learn and give you what you want.
The biggest thing is making sure she's giving you the fuel you need and from what my A/F gauge tells me she's giving everything I need.
Another thing have a a/F you can watch from start to finish how she gets richer by the pull and as the days progress. Who know how much more there is left on the table. As for now I can say I'm very satisfied and can't wait til Terry start to spend more time on this displacement. I'm pretty sure if he had the time or would consider putting in more time we'd have a 1000hp beast.
Terry you hear that? Hint hint! Lol
Thanks again and glad to be part of such a great BMW M community!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 11:49 PM   #71
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
It's all of the above but most of all the tires are the best I've ever used for grip. You won't get any wheel spin unless you find some gravel lol. G
Glad to see it working out. Now try burn out mode and see how she takes off! Good luck
Hi Bro, how to do a burn out mode?

Is it step on brake, stomp on the gas n let go the brake?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 12:01 AM   #72
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andym3100k View Post
Hi Bro, how to do a burn out mode?

Is it step on brake, stomp on the gas n let go the brake?
Make sure all setting are set are in sport plus and if at the track suspension set to comfort. Traction control completely off
You don't have to be on the brake, just make sure you in first gear s3 and just stomp on the gas all the way down. You'll get a little delay and the rpms will jump all the way up around 4-5000 and will drop the clutch and you're off.

Let me know if that makes sense or how it does for ya.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #73
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Make sure all setting are set are in sport plus and if at the track suspension set to comfort. Traction control completely off
You don't have to be on the brake, just make sure you in first gear s3 and just stomp on the gas all the way down. You'll get a little delay and the rpms will jump all the way up around 4-5000 and will drop the clutch and you're off.
I did the same thing but no burnout.... just a lot wheel spinning and then jumped like a rocket what I'm missing???
oh maybe because it was D3 not S3???
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 12:16 AM   #74
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:

Let me know if that makes sense or how it does for ya.
Alright! Will test it out soonest. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 06:25 AM   #75
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
I did the same thing but no burnout.... just a lot wheel spinning and then jumped like a rocket what I'm missing???
oh maybe because it was D3 not S3???
Well it will spin if you don't have drag radials. The point of it is your getting a higher rpm for take off but you have to have drag radials and I only use it for the track. Haven't tried it on the street especially with street tires, no need to all it will do is wheel spin and you'll have to feather the throttle

I only drive it in S3. And having it in D3 will probably automatically change to the next gear for traction.

Hope that makes more sense
G
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 07:38 AM   #76
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz

Everything look good for still running 93 octane?

So 4th gear pulls for awhile to help the MAF adjust right M6?
You have the older firmware so that would be too high for just 93 octane. I'd update to the new firmware so the boost setting is actually how much you increase boost . M6 beast and Andy are referring to settings on the new firmware . I am running +3.5 on the new firmware now on 93 octane and that's as high as I can go without losing consistency . Any higher and the car heat soaks wayy to fast for my taste , and doesn't have much margin for error AFR wise up top . Mine is a CP so it's different from M6 beast and holds boost a bit longer up top so I think I'm getting more hp at a lower setting than he was before meth . Was able to get a 130mph Vbox 1/4 mile speed in a positive 2K DA on these settings with a slight positive slope ! I'm taking it to Roebling Road for a track day in August , and def will head up to Darlington, or Fayetteville as son as the weather cools a bit to run it in the quarter too . Love this car !
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #77
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Yeah around 160mph drivetrain malfunction, but up until it was pulling shard as shit... Things got interesting when it decided to shut down lmao

Last edited by M5Rlz; 06-29-2014 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #78
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
You have the older firmware so that would be too high for just 93 octane. I'd update to the new firmware so the boost setting is actually how much you increase boost . M6 beast and Andy are referring to settings on the new firmware . I am running +3.5 on the new firmware now on 93 octane and that's as high as I can go without losing consistency . Any higher and the car heat soaks wayy to fast for my taste , and doesn't have much margin for error AFR wise up top . Mine is a CP so it's different from M6 beast and holds boost a bit longer up top so I think I'm getting more hp at a lower setting than he was before meth . Was able to get a 130mph Vbox 1/4 mile speed in a positive 2K DA on these settings with a slight positive slope ! I'm taking it to Roebling Road for a track day in August , and def will head up to Darlington, or Fayetteville as son as the weather cools a bit to run it in the quarter too . Love this car !
Probably explains malfunction around 160+ how do I update it ?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #79
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Probably explains malfunction around 160+ how do I update it ?
Get on N54tech and look up JB3 interface there will be firmware file on the post, copy file to your desktop. It will give you directions how to upload on the post.
If you can't figure it out let me know.
Good luck
G
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #80
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Get on N54tech and look up JB3 interface there will be firmware file on the post, copy file to your desktop. It will give you directions how to upload on the post.
If you can't figure it out let me know.
Good luck
G
I can't find it lol
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #81
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Terry said what I did was akin to 6lbs of boost
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #82
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz
Quote:
Terry said what I did was akin to 6lbs of boost
Yep you were just missing the meth lol !
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #83
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I can't find it lol
Go here
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18035

Click on stage 1 interface download
http://burgertuning.com/jb3_interface_062312.zip
Should have the newer firmware

This should be where to find everything you need and make sure it looks like this in settings, interface and firmware listed by date
Check the above link for pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #84
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Go here
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18035

Click on stage 1 interface download
http://burgertuning.com/jb3_interface_062312.zip
Should have the newer firmware

This should be where to find everything you need and make sure it looks like this in settings, interface and firmware listed by date
Check the above link for pic
Do I need to uninstall it all on my laptop and reinstall?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 08:11 AM   #85
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Do I need to uninstall it all on my laptop and reinstall?
Yes!
Which interface do you have? What's the date?
If the firmware isn't on there Ill send you the file I have on my lap top for you to upload. But you need to upload the new interface on your lap top first
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #86
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes!
Which interface do you have? What's the date?
If the firmware isn't on there Ill send you the file I have on my lap top for you to upload. But you need to upload the new interface on your lap top first
Same interface... 062312... Downloaded 6/28/14 so same date the pic above was taken.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 08:51 AM   #87
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Same interface... 062312... Downloaded 6/28/14 so same date the pic above was taken.
Ok cool then all you'll need to do is copy the firmware on your desktop put the car on battery mode, open Jb3 and go to upload firmware. You'll load it from your desktop and you're good to go
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #88
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ok cool then all you'll need to do is copy the firmware on your desktop put the car on battery mode, open Jb3 and go to upload firmware. You'll load it from your desktop and you're good to go
Where do I find that Firmware file?
Appreciate 0