Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
steveM5-UK
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 Sakhir Orange

Auto Start/ Stop

At last, finally managed to code this to remember last setting (Yeh I know it's standard in the US, unfortunately not here in the UK)

A simple wee change makes such a difference lol, it was driving me nuts!

For those who want it sorted, VO code, add OMSA to HO-WORT, write fa to car, hey presto, sorted.

It cannot be FDL coded for some reason as TC_MSA_MEMORY is missing in CAS in 03/2015>
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I am seriously happy for you. I turned mine off when I took delivery and never looked back. The other day I accidentally hit the switch when I started the car leaving work and after two restarts I was already going nuts. What a stupid function on a car that comes with a gas guzzler tax in the US.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #3
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
I am seriously happy for you. I turned mine off when I took delivery and never looked back. The other day I accidentally hit the switch when I started the car leaving work and after two restarts I was already going nuts. What a stupid function on a car that comes with a gas guzzler tax in the US.
How amusing when you put it that way..
..so politically correct to have
      05-03-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
WuTang
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT

I don't understand the point of this feature. You don't buy a twin-turbo V8 with 550 hp and then try to be fuel efficient.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTang View Post
I don't understand the point of this feature. You don't buy a twin-turbo V8 with 550 hp and then try to be fuel efficient.
Exactly..
      05-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #6
P13tr0
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 M5

Steve, I really want to get this sorted, but I didn't understand your post. Would you mind providing a step by step guide, or is there an online resource I could reference?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #7
Bigmuz7
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G16

^^^^ You need a laptop, a special cable and some software to do it

BTW its diving me fekin bonkers as well
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #8
steveM5-UK
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P13tr0 View Post
Steve, I really want to get this sorted, but I didn't understand your post. Would you mind providing a step by step guide, or is there an online resource I could reference?
Have a look at bimmerfest forum and coding section, there are loads of information there.

However, be aware that Mr BMW are trying to stop coders doing this and have made a lot of changes, i.e. trimmed files etc etc.

To actually do it you need the latest software from TokenMaster. This can take some time get and a lot of grovelling lol.

On a plus side, if your in Scotland and near lanark, I have no problem doing it for you. Just PM me and we can arrange it. Note, this is for FREE, but you need to come to me. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 04:57 AM   #9
ozbmwnut
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

Getting it taken off mine was the BEST THING EVER. It really drove me crazy, even from the first day. It did cost me to get the dealer to remove it, but i was fine with that, as i am not the slightest bit techno savy, plus woudnt do anything that might void my warranty......
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #10
steveM5-UK
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozbmwnut View Post
Getting it taken off mine was the BEST THING EVER. It really drove me crazy, even from the first day. It did cost me to get the dealer to remove it, but i was fine with that, as i am not the slightest bit techno savy, plus woudnt do anything that might void my warranty......
Unfortunately, here in the UK the dealer will NOT disable it, that is unless you are a registered driving school and you have it adapted to duel controls!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #11
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTang View Post
What you don't realize is that because the Auto Start Stop feature was added to the BMW F10 M5, hereby referred to as A.S.S. or ASS, we enjoy paying a lower gas guzzler tax, a higher EPA rating, and the ability for the car to be sold at all in the EU due to CAFE. The Twin Turbo V8 in itself is an engine that tries to be fuel efficient even if it only succeeds at it partially. If CAFE didn't exist I'm just that BMW ///M would have had no reservations about fitting an 8,500rpm V12 in the bonnet. Therefore ASS and the Twin Turbo V8 is a necessary evil in order to make environmentalists happy. I suppose we should be thankful at all that ///M still exists to make any kind of high performance engines.

Appreciate 0