M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

02-11-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
GarbageMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Carbotech 1521 Brake Pads

Who has installed these? I'm told they almost mimick carbon ceramic brakes in terms of low dust. I won't track my car, so I don't need one of their other compounds. The people at Carbotech tell me that it is best to turn the rotors and just take a little, or at the very least "power sand" them. Those who have them please chime in and tell me about what you did, and how effective they have been. The brake dust from the stockers is ridiculous to say the least...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 04:40 AM   #2
audioquest
2nd to None!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M8 GC, M5 30Jahre, X6 50i

Garage List
I had them install after 2,000km. Got it change because of the brake dust and the annoying squeaking noise from the OEM brake pad. Now all the problem all gone, no annoying squeaking noise whatever. I have to say there are still brake dust on the rim but much much much less than the OEM. Overall very happy with it. Braking power as good if not better. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 12:48 AM   #3
utmiken
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

member ptt and I did self install on these on our M5's over a year ago. Pads will squeal crazy loud until they bed in after a few hundred miles. They have been perfect ever since. Brake dust I would say is 95% less than stock pads.

I took detailed pics of the install but have never posted. I will look for them and try to upload soon.
Appreciate 0