M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

03-21-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
Rocketsoda
'13 M5
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Possible blown fuse?? Help needed!

Hey everyone,

Need some help kind of urgently. Last night I started my car and the center console doesn't light up. Everything below the screen doesn't seem to work, as if they're not powering up. The buttons don't light up either, but the vehicle still plays music and a bit of warm air comes out of the vents. Is this a possibly blown fuse? I tried checking according to the fuse chart but I'm not sure which fuses can correspond to the center console. This has never happened to me before. Can anyone suggest where I can start to look? It's still fairly cold up here, so lack of heating/heated seats isn't great.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 05:33 PM   #2
rsuhandy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6;E92 M3;E85 Z4M; 958 SEH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsoda View Post
Hey everyone,

Need some help kind of urgently. Last night I started my car and the center console doesn't light up. Everything below the screen doesn't seem to work, as if they're not powering up. The buttons don't light up either, but the vehicle still plays music and a bit of warm air comes out of the vents. Is this a possibly blown fuse? I tried checking according to the fuse chart but I'm not sure which fuses can correspond to the center console. This has never happened to me before. Can anyone suggest where I can start to look? It's still fairly cold up here, so lack of heating/heated seats isn't great.
There should be a fuse map in your trunk's fuse box.
I would start there and identify which fuse corresponds to the central console.
Just pull the fuses and inspect.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

There are also fuses behind a flap in the passenger glove box, pain to get to but that's a secondary location as well as the one in the boot.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #4
Rocketsoda
'13 M5
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

So all the fuses are fine. But after the tech plugged in his computer to the OBD, it says no communication for the center console. He will he taking it apart next week for a look. Really hoping it's nothing major
Appreciate 0