Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-03-2021, 04:01 PM   #1
Da_Meister_22
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 & F85 X5M

Garage List
New member to the M5

Hello guys, I've been gone from mod world for a while. Coming back with a recently traded M5. My 4th BMW. I started with an 07 E60 530i, then I traded it in for a 135i Convertible which I tuned to over 420 whp , then I traded that in for an F10 535i MSport, and finally after much thought I decided to pull the trigger and traded that for a 2013 F10 M5 last Friday!

So far I'm very happy, the car does have 82,000 miles but is in great shape, I'm not scared of high mileage cars. I called a few shops where the car hd been in the past and they all said the car never had issues. I also took it to two BMW shops to inspect every corner of the car and diagnose it, everything came back perfect, except for the rotors and pads which I'm having the dealer change for new ones!

Since I'm new to the M5, I was wondering if you'd recommend anything as a starter mod. I also plan on purchasing extended warranty for the car, is pricey but I rather have the peace of mind.

I'm thinking of starting with a nice rear diffuser and front lip, any recommendations.

Below was the day I traded my '16 535i for my '13 M5
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Ickdeep5706.00
      09-04-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

Congrats! I found the Dinan sway bars made a big difference in how the handling felt. Helps mask the weight a lot, especially on a non-comp pack car. If you have access to a jack and some basic tools they aren't hard to install oneself, either.

On the cosmetic side, I haven't looked into any front lips (I'm sure I'd break it quickly), but the autotecknic rear center diffuser is what I'd get. And unless you like the chrome, some black LCI-style kidney grilles look nice.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 08:28 AM   #3
Da_Meister_22
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafan13 View Post
Congrats! I found the Dinan sway bars made a big difference in how the handling felt. Helps mask the weight a lot, especially on a non-comp pack car. If you have access to a jack and some basic tools they aren't hard to install oneself, either.

On the cosmetic side, I haven't looked into any front lips (I'm sure I'd break it quickly), but the autotecknic rear center diffuser is what I'd get. And unless you like the chrome, some black LCI-style kidney grilles look nice.
Thanks, I'm definitely going to look into the sway bars.

I think my rear diffuser would have to be CF, I wouldn't want to get into painting them.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 06:26 PM   #4
HTXE93
Private
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22 View Post
Below was the day I traded my '16 535i for my '13 M5
Congrats on the new car!

Interesting side-by-side. Are both cars AW? They look different shades, but maybe it's the way the sun is shining on the M5?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 12:23 PM   #5
Da_Meister_22
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Yeah both are AW
Appreciate 0