M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #23
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

I can't believe that nobody has listed steering as their top pick yet. Really? Weight reduction was my second choice but if I had to choose between the two I still think that a more delicate and precise steering feel would catapult reviews of this car to a much more respectable level, more than just about anything else.

I didn't pick weight reduction because I think it's a given that the next iteration will be much lighter.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 06:12 PM   #24
zm5
Rep
Drives: M5

1. Louder exaust

2. Launch control button

3. More aggressive hood (m4-m3 e.g) bump at the front

4. 4WD option

I still love my 2015 M5 F10
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #25
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe
I can't believe that nobody has listed steering as their top pick yet. Really? Weight reduction was my second choice but if I had to choose between the two I still think that a more delicate and precise steering feel would catapult reviews of this car to a much more respectable level, more than just about anything else.

I didn't pick weight reduction because I think it's a given that the next iteration will be much lighter.
Comp package steering is awesome. It should be standard.
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 06:59 PM   #26
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Aggressive body that does not look like a 550 M package!
Appreciate 1
      12-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #27
gmfive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 AW

Garage List
2014 M5  [0.00]
Okay, here goes.. a few hundred pounds slimmer, full cf roof, skinnier seats, an exhaust we don't have to replace right away, 50-100 more hp, same muscular but restrained beastly look. Halo Santa Claus. Merry Christmas e'one!
      12-24-2015, 11:49 PM   #28
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfive View Post
Okay, here goes.. a few hundred pounds slimmer, full cf roof, skinnier seats, an exhaust we don't have to replace right away, 50-100 more hp, same muscular but restrained beastly look. Halo Santa Claus. Merry Christmas e'one!
Merry Christmas to you too
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 11:50 PM   #29
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Aggressive body that does not look like a 550 M package!
That's a good one
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 11:51 PM   #30
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm5 View Post
1. Louder exaust

2. Launch control button

3. More aggressive hood (m4-m3 e.g) bump at the front

4. 4WD option

I still love my 2015 M5 F10

Do you have ZCP M5 or M5 base?!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #31
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

BMW M, please make the next M5 lighter and and do not any any length to the car. The F10 M5 is as long as an old 7 series car.
Appreciate 1
      12-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #32
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I already foresee the future 2024 BMW M5 being full electric with no internal combustion engine even in it. Climate change lobbyists and zealots are winning in the war against the internal combustion engine for sports cars. One day sports cars may even be dead all together with the vast majority of the planets population viewing cars as something only to be used a tool for pure utility and not enjoyment.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...henomenal-v12/
youre right. actually its inevitable.,

when you consider oil is a nonrenewable resource. ie one day, not so far off, there will be none left. once its gone, thats it... its gone. forever.

what happens then, not sure but we certainly wont be driving gasoline engines for that much longer. rough guess maybe less than 100 years???
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #33
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Let's face it, there is very little between the E63S, M5 and RS7, especially after BMW adds AWD option for the next gen.

BMW typically has had the best suspension of the lot. But lap times are not dramatically apart and nobody buys these cars to get an extra 1/10th on the next car.

Whether I buy another M5 versus buying an AMG will be down to two things in the following order:

1) Interior design. The car needs to have a better interior than the recently released 750i individual. Top quality leather, nice sculpted designer interior. Lots of the right kind of contrasts. open pore wood. It has to be better than the E-Class Designo.

2) Exterior design should be distinctive too. Nobody wants to spend $120k on a car, when there are $55k 528i M-Sport models which look nearly identical.

3) I hope the AWD system can torque vector 0-100% front to rear. The problem with the current E63S AMG is that you can sometimes feel the AWD at low speeds because of the fixed 30/70 torque split. That obviously won't fly for the M. It won't fly for the next gen AMG either.

4) Self-driving features. BMW has left some features out of M5 which are available in 550i like autonomous braking and active cruise control. I want the latest self-driving features on the m5. I don't self-drive when on a country drive, but it is still useful in city traffic.

5) Better exhaust sound - full active exhaust like an AMG car or Porsche Turbo S

6) Competition package at launch. I have no interest in waiting to buy a dated looking mid-cycle car to get the proper suspension tuning.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 12-25-2015 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 03:38 PM   #34
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post

5) Better exhaust sound - full active exhaust like an AMG car or Porsche Turbo S

yes. but i wouldnt put the turbo s exhaust anywhere close the to 5.5 amg, or certainly the 6.3 lol

turbo s exhaust is crap.

gt3 is a different story.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #35
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
yes. but i wouldnt put the turbo s exhaust anywhere close the to 5.5 amg, or certainly the 6.3 lol

turbo s exhaust is crap.

gt3 is a different story.
You can't compare to a naturally aspirated or supercharged Benz exhaust since those types of engines have naturally good sounding exhausts.

The benchmark for a Turbo exhaust is the engine in the AMG-GTS. The best exhaust i have heard in any production car.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 05:12 PM   #36
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly
Quote:
I already foresee the future 2024 BMW M5 being full electric with no internal combustion engine even in it. Climate change lobbyists and zealots are winning in the war against the internal combustion engine for sports cars. One day sports cars may even be dead all together with the vast majority of the planets population viewing cars as something only to be used a tool for pure utility and not enjoyment.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...henomenal-v12/
youre right. actually its inevitable.,

when you consider oil is a nonrenewable resource. ie one day, not so far off, there will be none left. once its gone, thats it... its gone. forever.

what happens then, not sure but we certainly wont be driving gasoline engines for that much longer. rough guess maybe less than 100 years???
Politics aside, the earth still has enough fossil fuels left for cars and as fuel for other forms of energy for hundreds of more years. There are still massive reserves of oil still yet to be found.

The real issue is the pollution from cars that don't burn the gas cleanly, especially in China. Smog is certainly bad, but people don't realize that a big volcanic eruption puts more CO2 in the atmosphere than the last 30 years of running all cars on earth put together. Also that deforestation in Indonesia is far more harmful to the planet than running cars for the last 50 years.

Most 1st world countries have the burning of fossil fuels pretty under control, it's really the BRIC countries that are causing the most damage with their cars these days.

Anyways, Stealth.Pilot has already made the most important points here. I'll just add that, usually, the best exhaust note comes from an engine capable of producing a unique sound with a decibel level high enough to be considered exotic and not like every other car on the road. BMW M cars have never had a loud enough exhaust from the factory to compete with the likes of Ferrari or Lamborghini, AMG seems to be the only ones to really understand that, that is what customers want in an AMG car. I can pretty much guarantee that the next M5 will have an exhaust note that is too muffled and not loud enough to even be comparable to the next gen E63 AMG-S.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #37
Gauntlet
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe 2009 X5d

I know it sounds lame, but ACC.

I live in a urban area so I like the low key body style, but could improve some to provide distinction...

G.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 05:32 PM   #38
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You can't compare to a naturally aspirated or supercharged Benz exhaust since those types of engines have naturally good sounding exhausts.

The benchmark for a Turbo exhaust is the engine in the AMG-GTS. The best exhaust i have heard in any production car.
no i mean the 5.5 M157 biturbo.

and i prefer it over the gts as well, although the gts does sound very nice.

my car, full catless downpipes...

Last edited by mainly; 12-25-2015 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #39
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Politics aside, the earth still has enough fossil fuels left for cars and as fuel for other forms of energy for hundreds of more years. There are still massive reserves of oil still yet to be found.

The real issue is the pollution from cars that don't burn the gas cleanly, especially in China. Smog is certainly bad, but people don't realize that a big volcanic eruption puts more CO2 in the atmosphere than the last 30 years of running all cars on earth put together. Also that deforestation in Indonesia is far more harmful to the planet than running cars for the last 50 years.

Most 1st world countries have the burning of fossil fuels pretty under control, it's really the BRIC countries that are causing the most damage with their cars these days.

Anyways, Stealth.Pilot has already made the most important points here. I'll just add that, usually, the best exhaust note comes from an engine capable of producing a unique sound with a decibel level high enough to be considered exotic and not like every other car on the road. BMW M cars have never had a loud enough exhaust from the factory to compete with the likes of Ferrari or Lamborghini, AMG seems to be the only ones to really understand that, that is what customers want in an AMG car. I can pretty much guarantee that the next M5 will have an exhaust note that is too muffled and not loud enough to even be comparable to the next gen E63
AMG-S.
actually most of the reserves are already in production. 90% maybe more, of the reserves have already been found.

there may be more oil ... but not reachable. as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 06:00 PM   #40
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly
Quote:

Anyways, Stealth.Pilot has already made the most important points here. I'll just add that, usually, the best exhaust note comes from an engine capable of producing a unique sound with a decibel level high enough to be considered exotic and not like every other car on the road. BMW M cars have never had a loud enough exhaust from the factory to compete with the likes of Ferrari or Lamborghini, AMG seems to be the only ones to really understand that, that is what customers want in an AMG car. I can pretty much guarantee that the next M5 will have an exhaust note that is too muffled and not loud enough to even be comparable to the next gen E63
AMG-S.
actually most of the reserves are already in production. 90% maybe more, of the reserves have already been found.

there may be more oil ... but not reachable. as of yet.
Where's Boots when we need him. He's an oil rig guy. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 06:43 PM   #41
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Where's Boots when we need him. He's an oil rig guy. Lol!
well im no expert but ive worked for Shell for the past 12 years (not bragging mind you).
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #42
elitex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 21 X5MC

Garage List
More exciting engine character and sound.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #43
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

Co-sign on the below. Id also add:

Better technology. People expect the same level of technology and UI as they get in the palm of their hands now. Android Auto vs Apple CarPlay is a bit like Beta vs VHS as they fight for standards, and perhaps thats why some auto makers are standing on the sidelines and not really committing either way. But they need to pick a side and just implement either of the two and bring some real connectivity onboard.

Quote:
1) Interior design. The car needs to have a better interior than the recently released 750i individual. Top quality leather, nice sculpted designer interior. Lots of the right kind of contrasts. open pore wood. It has to be better than the E-Class Designo.

2) Exterior design should be distinctive too. Nobody wants to spend $120k on a car, when there are $55k 528i M-Sport models which look nearly identical.

6) Competition package at launch. I have no interest in waiting to buy a dated looking mid-cycle car to get the proper suspension tuning.

f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
European Delivery: October 10 2015 [Pictures here]
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 06:51 PM   #44
Schweitzer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I agree with many of the above wish lists, but here's one I would love. I am 6'2" and like to keep the steering wheel low, which unfortunately obstructs the blinkers. I wish BMW would add a small blinker light to the bottom of the display, which is always easily visible.