M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

06-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #1
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
MissionPerformance: Middle East GroupBuy results.

Before we go into the results of this group buy, we would like to apologize to everyone that has sent us emails and PM that never got answered. We have spent last 2 weeks in Bahrain, tuning many M5/4s, and were not able to get online much. Now that we are back, we will be returning all of the emails and PM as soon as we can.

Now lets get to the group buy info. One of our customers has invited us to Bahrain as he wanted us to Dyno tune his 2013 F10 M5. The customer originally had JB4ish device, and even though he put down decent number of 620whp/630trq, his car never ran right. Since he removed the piggyback, he has tried few other software tunes that just never worked out right.
One of the issues that we faced tuning his car is the fact that the weather conditions in that country are just insane. For starters, the dyno was reading 95F ambient temperatures at 11PM at night with 45% humidity. Since the dyno computer is located near AC unit, we measured air intake temperature from the "cooling" fans and the ambient intake temperature was around 105F. 100+F at night is something we never really expected. So, pretty much the worst conditions for tuning a S63.

The initial customer, a forum member on these boards actually, has GroupM intake, downpipes, Acro exhaust and meth to attempt and fight the intake temperatures. The car is very tastefully modded and just a beauty to look at. Car originally dynod at 620hp/630trq with JB4. Since we flashed the car, we ran into an issue with the clutches slipping. The dyno graph you see for now was done on slipping clutches before the customer upgraded to Dutson race clutch setup. Since the upgrade, we ended up getting the car to 704whp/708trq and once we get those dyno files from his last runs from dyno operator, we will update the post. For now, this is the dyno with slipping clutches:

And of course picture of the car:

A little takeoff:

Originally, we were only planning on tuning this car and coming back for the NJ GroupBuy, but since few spectators saw the numbers we were able to hit with this car, things changed dramatically and we ended up staying 6 extra days just to tune many more S63/S55s. The next car that came in was a 2013 F10 M5 6speed. The factory 6speed clutch is MUCH stronger then the DCT and the car had no issues holding nearly 700 wheel torque. The base run is not really fair and actual number should be about 10/15hp higher since we hit speed limit. We always dyno before/after in same gear so this is why you see base drop at 6200.

After that, 2014 DCT USA spec M5 with Dutson clutches:

Also we had some fun working with a F82 M4. Fully stock block/internal, just stage 2 pure turbos:

Overall, this was a great experience to tune these cars overseas and we are coming back for more as we already have customers lined up. Next one being tuned is a fully built S63 with balanced crank, CP/Carrillo combo, pure stage 2. That should be a VERY fast/insane setup.

Last edited by MissionPerformance; 06-05-2016 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 3
      06-05-2016, 01:46 PM   #2
iamvietness
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Planning anything for the Texas area?
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #3
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Someone actually asked us that recently. If we get 10+ people interested, we will gladly come to any state.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #4
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

Are the GroupM, Acro exhaust and Dutson clutches knock-offs?
      06-05-2016, 06:00 PM   #5
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilb View Post
Why would they be...?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
Redrckt135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5 & 17 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance
Quote:
Why would they be...?
You misspelled all the brand names. Gruppe M, Dodson clutches, and im assuming you meant Akra exhaust. Sounds like evilB was breaking your balls a little.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #7
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrckt135 View Post
You misspelled all the brand names. Gruppe M, Dodson clutches, and im assuming you meant Akra exhaust. Sounds like evilB was breaking your balls a little.
Got it, that makes sense. In the future we probably should spell them the proper way I guess.

Last edited by MissionPerformance; 06-05-2016 at 06:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #8
ARC550
Major
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, 720s, X5, 750xi

Holy fuck balls!!

So you guys base flash it with your flash and tweak as needed?
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #9
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC550 View Post
Holy fuck balls!!

Depends on a customer and situation. Our normal flashes are already designed for specific vehicles with moderation/safety in mind. Those tunes do not give the maximum but a safe and reliable power gain. For those customers that want maximum gains and want a custom tune built for your specific situation and needs, that is something we can do, though it is not cheap.

Since we also have OBD flash support, we have options for remote dyno tuning sessions.
Appreciate 2
      06-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #10
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC550
Holy fuck balls!!

Told you holy field

MissionPerformance are you guys able to do something like M1 mode 600whp & m2 for let's say 700whp?

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 11:32 PM   #11
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Told you holy field

MissionPerformance are you guys able to do something like M1 mode 600whp & m2 for let's say 700whp?
Yes we are able to control power in different levels, though that is still under re-development. The We have noticed that doing so has adverse effect on long term adaptations and few other functions, so once that is properly address, we will have it as an option.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #12
Brn-m5
Rep
Drives: 2013 f10 M5

It was great having you over Alex, the last Dyno pull with your tune my car laid down 704whp 724wtq, this was a just a ecu remap no jb4 bcm or modules for boost assistance ... Car is an absolute joy. Love the torque can't wait to slap on the pure stage 2s... Get ready Alex.

To all forum members
We've all been through our fair share of false advertising and tuners who are able to sell a bigger show than serve it. I've never met an tuner as professional and honorable as Alex from mission performance. He not only managed to fix another tuners mistake but he stood by my car until it made more power than I expected without any piggybacks. The car drives better than stock and adjusts to octane changes as there is no factory ecu manipulation. Alex can code the hell out of the f10 m5 dme's.
I own and have built a lot of cars and deal with a lot of builders and tuners in the states and he's definitely one that I would blindly recommend.
Appreciate 3
      06-08-2016, 01:36 PM   #13
Brn-m5
Rep
Drives: 2013 f10 M5

Quote:
Yes ...Alex's spelling needs some serious help...as it my car he's Talking about . Yes it's an akrapovic exhaust, gruppe M intake and Dodson clutches 😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited by Brn-m5; 06-08-2016 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2016, 07:50 AM   #14
wakeofdeath
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brn-m5 View Post
It was great having you over Alex, the last Dyno pull with your tune my car laid down 704whp 724wtq, this was a just a ecu remap no jb4 bcm or modules for boost assistance ... Car is an absolute joy. Love the torque can't wait to slap on the pure stage 2s... Get ready Alex.

To all forum members
We've all been through our fair share of false advertising and tuners who are able to sell a bigger show than serve it. I've never met an tuner as professional and honorable as Alex from mission performance. He not only managed to fix another tuners mistake but he stood by my car until it made more power than I expected without any piggybacks. The car drives better than stock and adjusts to octane changes as there is no factory ecu manipulation. Alex can code the hell out of the f10 m5 dme's.
I own and have built a lot of cars and deal with a lot of builders and tuners in the states and he's definitely one that I would blindly recommend.
How's the car performing after?
Any 1/4 mile from over there?

This is good news, very few ppl are achieving these results. But I think allmotor_2000 BEF+JB4 & F10M5Manual Full Flash are also on this boat party. Good job fellas
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 07:57 AM   #15
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeofdeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brn-m5 View Post

To all forum members
How's the car performing after?
Any 1/4 mile from over there?

This is good news, very few ppl are achieving these results. But I think allmotor_2000 BEF+JB4 & F10M5Manual Full Flash are also on this boat party. Good job fellas
Good stuffs
So fAr

Flash+Stack
All motor
Dme tuning

Full ecu with M1/M2 options
F10Manual have
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 04:16 PM   #16
wakeofdeath
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10M5Manual View Post
Good stuffs
So fAr

Flash+Stack
All motor
Dme tuning

F10Manual have

All Motor flashed by BPMSport Mike Benvo
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #17
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeofdeath
Quote:
Good stuffs
So fAr

Flash+Stack
All motor
Dme tuning

F10Manual have

All Motor flashed by BPMSport Mike Benvo
Plus stack
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 02:01 PM   #18
wakeofdeath
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Plus stack
Yes backend flash + jb4 stack since hes doing all custom adjustments himself for big turbo

MissionPerformance any updates with your cars?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #19
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeofdeath View Post
Yes backend flash + jb4 stack since hes doing all custom adjustments himself for big turbo

MissionPerformance any updates with your cars?
Which ones are you asking about? We just had on-the-dyno tuning session with a local customer last weekend. The stage 1 results came in pretty solid.
The tuned cars overseas are doing great. The M5 that put down 700+whp on our stage 2 flash is sending us the turbos for custom build. Once we get the turbos done, the car should be pushing around 800whp just on a tune, without JB4. Also we are flying back very soon to tune a fully built S63tu with pure stage 2 turbos.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2016, 11:14 PM   #20
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2K13 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Before we go into the results of this group buy, we would like to apologize to everyone that has sent us emails and PM that never got answered. We have spent last 2 weeks in Bahrain, tuning many M5/4s, and were not able to get online much. Now that we are back, we will be returning all of the emails and PM as soon as we can.

Now lets get to the group buy info. One of our customers has invited us to Bahrain as he wanted us to Dyno tune his 2013 F10 M5. The customer originally had JB4ish device, and even though he put down decent number of 620whp/630trq, his car never ran right. Since he removed the piggyback, he has tried few other software tunes that just never worked out right.
One of the issues that we faced tuning his car is the fact that the weather conditions in that country are just insane. For starters, the dyno was reading 95F ambient temperatures at 11PM at night with 45% humidity. Since the dyno computer is located near AC unit, we measured air intake temperature from the "cooling" fans and the ambient intake temperature was around 105F. 100+F at night is something we never really expected. So, pretty much the worst conditions for tuning a S63.

The initial customer, a forum member on these boards actually, has GroupM intake, downpipes, Acro exhaust and meth to attempt and fight the intake temperatures. The car is very tastefully modded and just a beauty to look at. Car originally dynod at 620hp/630trq with JB4. Since we flashed the car, we ran into an issue with the clutches slipping. The dyno graph you see for now was done on slipping clutches before the customer upgraded to Dutson race clutch setup. Since the upgrade, we ended up getting the car to 704whp/708trq and once we get those dyno files from his last runs from dyno operator, we will update the post. For now, this is the dyno with slipping clutches:

And of course picture of the car:

A little takeoff:

Originally, we were only planning on tuning this car and coming back for the NJ GroupBuy, but since few spectators saw the numbers we were able to hit with this car, things changed dramatically and we ended up staying 6 extra days just to tune many more S63/S55s. The next car that came in was a 2013 F10 M5 6speed. The factory 6speed clutch is MUCH stronger then the DCT and the car had no issues holding nearly 700 wheel torque. The base run is not really fair and actual number should be about 10/15hp higher since we hit speed limit. We always dyno before/after in same gear so this is why you see base drop at 6200.

After that, 2014 DCT USA spec M5 with Dutson clutches:

Also we had some fun working with a F82 M4. Fully stock block/internal, just stage 2 pure turbos:

Overall, this was a great experience to tune these cars overseas and we are coming back for more as we already have customers lined up. Next one being tuned is a fully built S63 with balanced crank, CP/Carrillo combo, pure stage 2. That should be a VERY fast/insane setup.
Any head work done to this built S63?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #21
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTeD ///M View Post
Any head work done to this built S63?
Not sure, I think the customer is only building the block and not touching the heads. But ill ask.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #22
KMORGSM5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 CP M5

I would love to see him make that turn or stop before he hits that shed at the end of the video. Car sounds great though!
Appreciate 0