M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

05-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Real Deal with SoCal Dealers and ordering the F10 M5 with Euro Delivery!!!

Ok, so I got frustrated with the whole situation about whether or not European Delivery will come out of U.S. Dealer allocation. The other clarification thread on this board states that it WILL NOT for the F10 M5, however I called almost every single dealer in the Southern California Area to find out the truth. Here's what my research has yielded.

1- BMW Encinitas: Didn't know. In fact the salesman I spoke to on the phone said that they build the F10 M5 in the United States so that Euro Delivery was not possible!!! I basically hung up the phone with him right after he said that.

2- BMW South County: Didn't know.

3- BMW Vista: Didn't know.

4- BMW Alexander: Didn't know.

5- Pacific BMW: Didn't know.

6- BMW of Murrieta: Said yes it does come out of dealer allocation, but at the same time wasn't completely sure.

7- Irvine BMW: Said yes it does come out of dealer allocation, but he didn't understand how the European Delivery Program works. So I doubt he knew.

8- Crevier BMW: Didn't know.

9- Sterling BMW: Didn't know. Said they would call me back.

10- Shelly BMW: Didn't know.

11- Long Beach BMW: Said YES it does come out of dealer allocation, but then he tried telling me that the Euro Delivery M5's won't start until 2-3 months after they hit the U.S. So I doubt that he knew.

12- McKenna BMW: YES it does, but he was unconfident about his answer.

13- South Bay BMW: Didn't know. Said they would call me back.

14 -BMW San Diego: Closed. Nobody home.

15- Beverly Hills BMW: Didn't know.

16- BMW of Riverside: Said YES it does.

16- New Century BMW: Says that it will NOT come out of dealer allocation, but then he proceeded to tell me that he only says that because he has not seen anything that says that it would come out of their dealer allocation. He also said that they would accept Euro Delivery orders at ED MSRP not ED Invoice.

17- BMW of Escondido: This is the only dealership that REALLY knew what the F I was talking about when I asked them. At first they told me that they didn't know. Then they called me back about 5 mins later and said that it absolutely definitely WILL NOT come out dealer allocation! The salesman I spoke with is an ///M certified salesman and I could immediately tell that that he was competently knowing what he was talking about. I then asked him ED MSRP or ED Invoice. He said ED MSRP, and he kept it real with me, which is a good thing. He said that I could try but that I would be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to do ED Invoice. I haven't decided if I am going to order through them or not yet though.

What I learned from all of the phone calls that I made was that 9 out of 17 dealers that I called DEFINITELY had NO CLUE as to what I was asking about!!! This is insanely frustrating! Additionally, I got the impression that 7 dealers kind of knew what I was asking about but not really. And only 1 DEFINITELY knew what the heck I was asking about. Overall most of the salesmen I spoke with were very incompetent about the F10 M5 being introduced to the US Market this year. I had to explain to many of them what Euro Delivery was, and how that BMW even released bulletins containing information about Euro Delivery for the F10 M5.

Well there you have it. What a frustrating experience. The ordering guide has been out for almost 2 weeks now and the order bank has been open for a few days now at least. I would think these salesmen would know more about it. Many of them were certified ///M Salesmen too! I haven't decided if I want to try to go out of state to order the car yet, but I may do a little more due diligence before ordering.

I hope this helps people who are at least thinking of ordering ED in SoCal. Thanks for your time reading this.

Last edited by RPiM5; 05-08-2012 at 12:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thx for sharing. Just goes to show you how knowledgeable forum members and dealer sponsors here are.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
chudak18
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335, W463 G55

Garage List
I would forward this research to BMWNA. I hope they know who is representing them and their product. It's a shame because i had to fill my sales rep on a few things too. He was like, 'where are you getting your info?' lol. But the sad part is their bosses are brain washing them to get the highest margin of profit possible, even by stating false info. coming from someone with car sales experience, don't trust a single word they say no matter how good their b.s. smells. And always, always get a second opinion. Unless you just want the damn thing and don't really care about saving a couple grand.....
      05-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudak18 View Post
I would forward this research to BMWNA. I hope they know who is representing them and their product. It's a shame because i had to fill my sales rep on a few things too. He was like, 'where are you getting your info?' lol. But the sad part is their bosses are brain washing them to get the highest margin of profit possible, even by stating false info. coming from someone with car sales experience, don't trust a single word they say no matter how good their b.s. smells. And always, always get a second opinion. Unless you just want the damn thing and don't really care about saving a couple grand.....
Yeah no joke. Tomorrow I'm going to call a few more dealers, but out of state and around the country to see what they know. Maybe I can find a better deal out there. To me there is no reason why someone who wants to do Euro Delivery should have to pay more than Euro Invoice and plus a little extra because this is not a limited production car like the 1///M was.

I even had one of the dealers I spoke with today, I can't remember which, tell me that one reason why dealers don't want to let U.S. customers get the F10 M5 at Euro Delivery Invoice is because once they get it back to the U.S. they are just going to turn around and sell it as a used car with a few hundred miles on it. I don't know of anyone who would do that because you would be taking a huge hit on the resale value even though it would still be a relatively new car to the U.S. Market. Also not to mention that anyone that takes delivery in the U.S. in September has to appreciate the car and be a big enthusiast in order to have it first. I rebutted by saying that this car is not the 1///M, BMW will produce tens of thousands of them in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
chudak18
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My dealer told me they were expecting roughly 4000 units to be produced a year. That's the most out of any m5 from what he says.
      05-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #6
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudak18 View Post
My dealer told me they were expecting roughly 4000 units to be produced a year. That's the most out of any m5 from what he says.
Yeah I definitely believe that. They made around 19,000 E60 M5's throughout it's production run of 5 or technically 6 years. I know that the production of the F10 M5 will exceed 19,000 units. Newer generations are always produced in greater quantities.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Update:

I finally got to the bottom of it!!!

After experiencing more frustration today. I decided to call BMW North America directly. If you call 1-800-932-0831 you will be connected to BMW NA Special Delivery Department. I spoke with a very nice lady by the name of Simone there. She said that it is ABSOLUTELY OFFICIAL that European Delivery for the F10 M5 WILL NOT come out of dealer allocations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha! She even admitted that there is still a lot of confusion and uncertainty about this amongst dealerships around the country. I don't know why BMW doesn't issue a bulletin about this!

Anywho, I've now got some solid leads on obtaining Euro Delivery Invoice Pricing instead of Euro Delivery MSRP pricing. In case you are not savvy on the difference between these two. With Euro Delivery Invoice Pricing on the new F10 M5, you can expect to save about 13-14% off of US MSRP. Which comes out to about 12-13K off of the U.S. Base Price of $89,900.

Again, if you need to prove to your dealership that this is true tell them to call the 1-800 number I listed above and ask for Simone.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Stav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Again, if you need to prove to your dealership that this is true tell them to call the 1-800 number I listed above and ask for Simone.
Did you by any chance ask what the first possible day for ED is?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav View Post
Did you by any chance ask what the first possible day for ED is?
September 1 is the first available date for European Delivery on the 2013 M5.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
chudak18
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Nothing like a well informed consumer
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #11
VPM5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5

Garage List
I too spoke w Simone about 3 weeks ago and she said the exact same thing to me then. Sept 1 will be first ED but also said to allow @6-8 weeks for arrival in US. As far as allocations go, most of these dealerships will not know their allocations until June and therefore won't be able to provide anything concrete. While they may get a decent allocation for early(july)US production that doesn't guarantee that the ED slots will be early ones. You cud conceivably shoot for a July ED slot and get a December production date. We'll know more by June I'm told by my sales guy.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
Stav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I placed an ED order and selected Aug. 13 as the delivery and just found out that it was rejected Unfortunately this is the latest I can do it until next year even if that is a possibility. What could be the reason since cars will be ready by then. If anybody knows a way to make an exception please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 03:59 AM   #13
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

I wish porsche would offer the huge ED pricing. The 991 is what I want, but it might make more sense to get the M5 for me because of pricing and my actual needs and not wants.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #14
Alexbehr
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaida442 View Post
I wish porsche would offer the huge ED pricing. The 991 is what I want, but it might make more sense to get the M5 for me because of pricing and my actual needs and not wants.
Porche does not have much to offer even with thier ED. I guess, their philosophy is, if you want a porche, be sure you have the mullah for it!
Appreciate 0