M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

View Poll Results: How highly do you think of your local BMW dealership !!
I think my dealership is at the level of my expectation 14 45.16%
I think they are just acceptable or average 10 32.26%
I think they are below average 1 3.23%
I think they are horrible and need a lot of improvement 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

02-24-2015, 05:45 AM   #1
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Wink The power of this FORUM !! I feel empowered by Y'all !!

Since my intention wasn't to hurt the reputation of anybody and certainly wasn't meant to be a hate thread i went ahead and edited this basically because BMW did respond and basically because this M5Post has the power, leverage that a single M5 owner may not have!!!

But dear fellow M1/M2/M3/M4/M5/M6 owners, today It has been confirmed to me that if your local dealership isn't nice and fair enough to you, come here take to the streets of this forum and we are here for you and i am certain like it worked for me it will work for you, I don't mind PM's about this ;-) ,

I just edited this whole thread if you didn't have the chance to read it before, and it was basically talking about what my local dealership did to me or didn't :-) as a matter of fact and my frustration with them and without me being pedantic about it, posting a simple thread in here seems to have worked well as in 3 hours matter I was e-contacted by the department head and now they are willing to talk about it and be proactive, but sadly may be too late as I already have my problem solved spontaneously by chance not by BMW as it should have been!!

In anycase, please accept my apologies if you find it vague or waste of your precious valued time!

I should have left the thread in here as a lesson for all dealerships or service managers who think they are bigger than any ONE HUMBLE single helpless BMW oppressed owner but they forgot that COMMUNITIES like OUR LOVELY FORUM does give you the leverage to be heard when all doors are shut!!! and It did open a door for me not to have issue fixed but rather to be respected, trusted and appreciated as one of the millions of BMW owners in general and M5 few thousands in particular,

So thank you dear M5Post and members for your M - power bestowed on me :-),
A very loyal and grateful empowered M5Post member,
Blessed to be part of this community!!

Have a wonderful day
soooma
Attached Images

Last edited by soooma; 02-24-2015 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: BMW did respond strongly and apologetically and I don't want to hurt their sales and no reason to keep it up since they do care about US here, proved my point!!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 03:02 PM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
soma your poll should have an option of dealership exceeded expectations to be balanced.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #3
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
soma your poll should have an option of dealership exceeded expectations to be balanced.
Let's agree to disagree on this sir
Well,
I don't believe they ever do!
Too kind of you to think any dealership does, but all boils down to $$$ they make off your warranty and if they feel they won't then your on your own.

I will never ever trust another stealership till I die!
Men in nice suits that are looking at your pockets or your car warranty BMW's pocket!!!

Thank you for reading my post
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Looking at the polls we have almost as many votes saying horrible vs at expecation.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 09:38 PM   #5
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Soooma,
I think your poll will have some biased info in it. Here's why I say that. A lot of the service you receive or don't receive will be based on the relationship you have with the dealership. I for one have been using the same dealership for service for 16 years so I won't vote. Also, if you read the sentence before this one, I said service.....not sales. I purchase my cars at a totally different dealer. So maybe you should have polled the service side of the business. Just a thought.........Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #6
Bottch77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 Competition, McLaren 12C

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I understand your frustration and the frustration of many others. Though I too believe there should be an "exceeds expectations" option to be fair and balanced. My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #7
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottch77 View Post
I understand your frustration and the frustration of many others. Though I too believe there should be an "exceeds expectations" option to be fair and balanced. My 2 cents.
1. Too late too change the poll options now
2. Don't get me wrong, my wish is to have such a dealership and such beyond expectations experience and that was my surveys for them several time till I really needed them and that's when they weren't there for me !!

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 11:12 PM   #8
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Soooma,
I think your poll will have some biased info in it. Here's why I say that. A lot of the service you receive or don't receive will be based on the relationship you have with the dealership. I for one have been using the same dealership for service for 16 years so I won't vote. Also, if you read the sentence before this one, I said service.....not sales. I purchase my cars at a totally different dealer. So maybe you should have polled the service side of the business. Just a thought.........Phil
Thank you Phil for your valued input and my rebuttal ( Just kidding)
1. I had worse experience with their sales deoartment without mentioning name if dealership or people and I have althea and wcan be furnished upon request.

2. I am glad for you that you are luckier than many of us here, but please take another look at the pool results and you'll find that I am not alone in my less than ecstatic state of mind about service here locally.

3. I did purchase furst 3 of my BMW's from this dealership,
Only one from their from Georgia Macon online purchase which conceived this M5 -

Again thank you sir
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 06:04 AM   #9
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I too buy at one dealership and typically service at another (just due to distance). BOTH usually EXCEED my expectations. The certainly always meet my expectations.

Soooma, I am sure it will work out at the end. I understand you are frustrated, but in time none of this will matter.

And BTW, there's a word for "agree to disagree" It's "disagree". Sorry, but I cannot stand that expression. Nothing personal.

Last edited by Bönz; 02-26-2015 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #10
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
What about exceed expectations being an option to be fair?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 10:28 AM   #11
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

it was just 2 days ago when I was treated awfully by a dealership head manager,
very-very unpleasant, did contact BMW Id directly..
got fast response, yesterday my sales told me the head managers were being warned by BMW id. great response and action from just 1 email. really happy about it.
      02-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #12
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Thank you Phil for your valued input and my rebuttal ( Just kidding)
1. I had worse experience with their sales deoartment without mentioning name if dealership or people and I have althea and wcan be furnished upon request.

2. I am glad for you that you are luckier than many of us here, but please take another look at the pool results and you'll find that I am not alone in my less than ecstatic state of mind about service here locally.

3. I did purchase furst 3 of my BMW's from this dealership,
Only one from their from Georgia Macon online purchase which conceived this M5 -

Again thank you sir
Point taken......I guess my point is this. For me I have the option to choose from a couple of dealers in the Houston metro area. I can't with confidence say that I have one dealer for all my needs. So your poll questions leaves me in the middle because I use 2 dealers where some are forced to use one for good or bad service. So depending on what area you are polling, you'll get a different answer from me. Service from one is great but their sales staff sucks! Sales at the other one is great and I don't have a need to use their service drive. Hope this makes sense ...............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:28 AM   #13
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
I too buy at one dealership and typically service at another (just due to distance). BOTH usually EXCEED my expectations. The certainly always meet my expectations.

Soooma, I am sure it will work out at the end. I understand you are frustrated, but in time none of this will matter.

And BTW, there's a word for "agree to disagree" It's "disagree". Sorry, but I cannot stand that expression. Nothing personal.
Appreciate the post Bönz
I disagree -
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:30 AM   #14
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Appreciate the post Bönz
I disagree -
LOL. Much better.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:31 AM   #15
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
it was just 2 days ago when I was treated awfully by a dealership head manager,
very-very unpleasant, did contact BMW Id directly..
got fast response, yesterday my sales told me the head managers were being warned by BMW id. great response and action from just 1 email. really happy about it.
Great to hear
Thank you for posting in such a meaningful way
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:33 AM   #16
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Point taken......I guess my point is this. For me I have the option to choose from a couple of dealers in the Houston metro area. I can't with confidence say that I have one dealer for all my needs. So your poll questions leaves me in the middle because I use 2 dealers where some are forced to use one for good or bad service. So depending on what area you are polling, you'll get a different answer from me. Service from one is great but their sales staff sucks! Sales at the other one is great and I don't have a need to use their service drive. Hope this makes sense ...............Phil
That's the type of feedback I set out looking for Phil,
Thank you sir
Job
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 01:51 PM   #17
paddy335
Major
Rep
Drives: M140i;X5 40d

As with many, many retailers in many different commercial sectors I have found the level of service at dealers is directly proportionate to the amount of product you have purchased from them.

When we got our first BMW the service was acceptable, but slightly aloof. As time has gone on and we have bought more cars, the service has become exceptional. We feel well looked after and pampered every time we visit. We get invites to events, driving experiences and get well looked after. The service is impeccable, with good loan cars and great comm's about what is going on. I guess we have formed a strong relationship with the dealer.

I do think an M5 owner who has bought direct from a dealer (rather than privately) is entitled to expect the very best service and should make a lot of noise if they don't get that - we are talking about an expensive premium product.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #18
ChrisNich117
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 Alpine White ZCP

Garage List
2009 e92 M3 coupe  [0.00]
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Excellent! Now... Lets get a solid group to fix the break squeal! Class action suit to bring against BMW N.A. lol

Maybe we can all get the next Gen M5 at cost for the pain, suffering, loss of time to visit the dealership 10 times, economic hardship (gas was high when we were all first experiencing it), mental anguish and psychological distress brought forth by snickering Audi and Benz drivers that debased us for purchasing a lemon, hearing damage, and no reasonable effort by BMW to rectify the issue.

Seriously though, I think if we properly argued the issue we could all receive just compensation for this nonsense, at least a solution! I love driving with my windows down, but its flat out embarrassing when the car sounds like the pads have been worn down to the calipers.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #19
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Cant stand the Houston dealerships.... One location has a month wait to get your car in for service (other than quick lube).... I much preferred my P-Car dealership compared to the BMW ones around town, but it is a different volume of cars too.
      02-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #20
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy335 View Post
As with many, many retailers in many different commercial sectors I have found the level of service at dealers is directly proportionate to the amount of product you have purchased from them.

When we got our first BMW the service was acceptable, but slightly aloof. As time has gone on and we have bought more cars, the service has become exceptional. We feel well looked after and pampered every time we visit. We get invites to events, driving experiences and get well looked after. The service is impeccable, with good loan cars and great comm's about what is going on. I guess we have formed a strong relationship with the dealer.

I do think an M5 owner who has bought direct from a dealer (rather than privately) is entitled to expect the very best service and should make a lot of noise if they don't get that - we are talking about an expensive premium product.
Great input sir
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #21
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNich117 View Post
Excellent! Now... Lets get a solid group to fix the break squeal! Class action suit to bring against BMW N.A. lol

Maybe we can all get the next Gen M5 at cost for the pain, suffering, loss of time to visit the dealership 10 times, economic hardship (gas was high when we were all first experiencing it), mental anguish and psychological distress brought forth by snickering Audi and Benz drivers that debased us for purchasing a lemon, hearing damage, and no reasonable effort by BMW to rectify the issue.

Seriously though, I think if we properly argued the issue we could all receive just compensation for this nonsense, at least a solution! I love driving with my windows down, but its flat out embarrassing when the car sounds like the pads have been worn down to the calipers.
Ditto
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #22
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Cant stand the Houston dealerships.... One location has a month wait to get your car in for service (other than quick lube).... I much peered the P-Car dealership to the BMW ones around town, but it is a different volume of cars too.
Miss your posts sir
Thanks for support
Appreciate 0