ikenjoku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

Garage List
2014 f13 M6  [0.00]
"Increased Discharge" Warning won't go away

So I was having issues in the past with my passenger door handle malfunctioning where it would unlock my car if I was anywhere near it and keep trying to unlock the gas tank door. Found a door handle on eBay and got it painted. Installed it and the problem went away instantly, or so I thought. I still get an "increased discharge" warning every single time I start and stop my car and it has gotten to the point where the inevitable happened and I needed a jump. After I got a jump, I brought a charger and let my car charge overnight. Everything seemed fine for the next 24 hours. The "increased discharge" warning even went away....for 24 hours. The next day I started getting the warning again and fast forward to today where my car needed another jump. Im on the fence about going to bmw to check it out because I know they'll try to blame the subwoofer I installed even though I was having these issues way before I thought about doing that. I also have a radar detector hardwire but I make sure to unplug whenever I arrive to my destination. Do you think replacing the battery would fix this issue? I'm the second owner but im pretty sure the battery has never been replaced and its a '14. I also know that wintertime is known for exposing batteries that need to be replaced so im just weighing my options before I head to the dealer. Do door handles need to be coded when their installed?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 07:07 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Damn comfort entry door handles are nothing but trouble when they go wrong,I especially went out of my way to avoid buying one of these.
It may be the battery got discharged too much with this problem, best get the battery tested at a battery shop and check the charge in the secret menu.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 07:31 AM   #3
AlisterB
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

The door handles don't need any coding.

FWIW your battery will have a date stamp on it (week and year of manufacture) so that'll tell you whether it has been replaced or not.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 01:14 PM   #4
Boosted M5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 m5

My car had same issue. Turned out to be the left rear comfort access handle. Noticed that I couldn't lock the doors from there and the door locks would unlock when I walked by it.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 02:57 PM   #5
coastee45
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 m5

Have the same thing happen to me dealer had the car for well over 2 months waiting on door handle
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 09:18 AM   #6
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

A chap over here had a CE handle failure, rear i think and he just disconnected the wires to the handle locking it manually and the rest of the doors locked/unlocked when he approached and went away with no discharging of battery.
Appreciate 0