Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

10-29-2017, 04:40 PM   #1
ddiimmaa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6spd

LED LCI Retrofit - Assistance Needed

So I bought a 14' Comp package M5 a few weeks ago.

I was bummed it didn't have the LED package but, it was a comp package and has executive and harmon sound in a 6 spd, which are extremely rare with low miles etc...

The Production date is 2014-06-23.

That all being said, I am taking the steps into doing the LED retrofit.. I already bought two full housings from another forum member and am trying to find out what would be required to swap mine out and put these in. http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1434745

I have also found the auto high beams stalk.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2017-B...53.m1438.l2649

My questions are as follows.

1. I have what looks like to be a sensor in my mirror, however I am not sure if it would be the same one that is used for the auto/high and low. ( I have read conflicting posts)

2. Has anyone else attempted this before and if so any help and or guidance is much appreciated!!

3. I assume I will need coding in order to enable, and to answer I have the Adaptive Xenons and purchased the F10 Adaptive LED's. Besides what was purchased from Xperia which look like the full and complete LED set with modules, is there anything else that I need from a parts perspective in order to get this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.. and if anyone is local to Philly / Bucks area that knows how to get this done would be even better!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
ddiimmaa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

pictures of mine are below..

pictures attached..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 08:19 AM   #3
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5C, '17 911 TTS

The hardware you have purchased should be enough for the retrofit. You'll need some wiring changes and coding to make the LEDs work.

Depending on whether you have a KAFAS2 camera or not (I'm guessing not), you may need additional hardware to get the non-glare high beam assist. There are several issues with the KAFAS2 camera retrofit though:

- the KAFAS2 camera housing has a different shape compared to the KAFAS camera, so it can't be installed on the existing windshield. The KAFAS2 camera windshield has a ConnectedDrive lettering just above the camera. An alternative is to make the KAFAS2 camera fit in the KAFAS camera housing, I remember some guy doing it.

- the KAFAS2 camera and its module are responsible for several other extras - lane departure warning, speed limit sign recognition etc. All of those require FSC codes to activate, so if you're retrofitting a KAFAS2 camera, you'll probably have to source a KAFAS2 camera + module + FSC codes and those codes can be expensive. If I recall correctly, the guy that retrofitted the KAFAS2 camera without changing the windshield bought the KAFAS2 camera+module along with the FSC codes.

Alternatively, you can have the LED headlights installed with the "old" high beam assist, which is just an on/off. It should be able to work even if you don't have a KAFAS camera, just the old light sensor. I have a KAFAS camera and decided it's not worth the effort to retrofit the KAFAS2 camera, as I realised how rarely I drive the car at night and on roads that will benefit from the non-glare high beam assist.
      12-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #4
ddiimmaa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sourced! So.. I finally got my LED headlights. Now comes the fun part, who has the wiring diagrams for the 14 LED and 14 Xenon? Someone messaged me saying they did the same thing and it was only one pin that needed to be changed but they are not responding, I want to get these bad boys installed. Can someone recommend a pro here?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5C, '17 911 TTS

I used bimmer-tech for the retrofit. They provided wiring schematics, parts needed and remote coding for a very reasonable price.
      12-02-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
ddiimmaa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Nikolov They were supposed to help me today, called left a message haven't gotten a response. I was left a bit stranded, but I may have also called to late so waiting to hear back hopefully Monday. I put them in, and am also putting in RK Intake system at the same time. Doing this on a driveway was a major PITA, and its Dec so not best conditions. Either way as I assume, plugged them in and inside lit up like a Christmas tree. Definitely need coding, but also need the wiring pinout. I was told by another member that did this its only one wire that needs to get re-done, but still waiting for the diagram as well. Either way if anyone has any of this info .. HID to LED in an LCI give me a shout.. I put the old ones back in, but don't want to put bumper back on until this is wrapped.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #7
khanyam4
Ring Leader of G8X Trolls
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: NA

I apologize for resurrecting the thread. Did you see the swap through op?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #8
ddiimmaa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam4 View Post
I apologize for resurrecting the thread. Did you see the swap through op?
yes I did, on mobile now but check out my other thread..
Appreciate 0