M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

10-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #23
mdm0515
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 2013

Mmmm...not good. I can't get any info from either my CA or the ED Dept. Radio silence and information vacuum. I was due to be departing VDC tomorrow for delivery to dealer Friday but no idea whether that happens or not. i was told by ED dept last week that 1) my oil pump is there 2) that the work order was open and that was a good sign, 3) that my 1200 mile service would also be performed at the VDC (as expected) along with software updates, etc. and 4) that my dealer delivery date looked good. no news at all from either dealer or ED. If I don't bug them daily, which I do, I'm convinced there is absolutely no one watching this unfold or directing any type of preferential outcome. Oh well...caveat emptor!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #24
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm0515 View Post
Mmmm...not good. I can't get any info from either my CA or the ED Dept. Radio silence and information vacuum. I was due to be departing VDC tomorrow for delivery to dealer Friday but no idea whether that happens or not. i was told by ED dept last week that 1) my oil pump is there 2) that the work order was open and that was a good sign, 3) that my 1200 mile service would also be performed at the VDC (as expected) along with software updates, etc. and 4) that my dealer delivery date looked good. no news at all from either dealer or ED. If I don't bug them daily, which I do, I'm convinced there is absolutely no one watching this unfold or directing any type of preferential outcome. Oh well...caveat emptor!
I honestly think they are taking this Under Promise thing a little too much to heart.
Everyime I call BMW the process seems to take a couple of steps backwards. I think a lot of times you are badgering them about where the damn boat is and you get the call that your car has arrived. At that point you are so happy you drop all your greivances.

Of course, I am still waiting for the call....
ring damn you. ring.
      10-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
zzzmmm
SICK
Rep
Drives: MCB F10 M5

contract says 6-8 weeks. On 10/30, it will be the last day of 8 wks.
Time to make out an early Christmas list.
M school
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #26
vaibhav11
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5 PMS Limited Editio

Anyone on the Don Juan into Brunswick gotten updates? I called a few days ago and was told that my car clear customs last week, and was being worked on. But that's all they could tell me... no news on when the work would be done, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #27
mdm0515
Private First Class
Rep

Don Juan Update - confirmed today that my car was released yesterday from the Brunswick VDC to a carrier - likely due into my dealer today or Monday. This is directly in line with the estimate I was originally given, even though there was no way to confirm anything along the way while at VDC which made it frustrating. My stay at the VDC included the oil pump replacement and the break-in service I hope the news from other Don Juan VDC'ers continues to be positive.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #28
beanboy
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3, 03 360 Modena

My car that was on the DJ still hasn't been released to carrier

I'm now being told to expect probable further delays due to Hurricane Sandy.

This really, really sucks. My dealer could have fixed this in a day. And I was ED--a priority 1 car. So much for that.

Parker
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #29
zzzmmm
SICK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanboy View Post

This really, really sucks. My dealer could have fixed this in a day. And I was ED--a priority 1 car. So much for that.

Parker
Where is your car being transported to?
My CA looked up info and didn't see an open campaign on it aka bullsh#% recall. He said " I guess the oil pump has been repaired and it should be here any day". Wow thanks for being so informative and specific. The dealer is in the same fing state as the VPC.
Genius

Sure am glad its hunting season to release some oil pump recall frustration.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #30
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

why in Gods name Would Sandy affect delivery between GA and Texas? That makes no sense. NY/NJ, sure.
      10-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #31
mdm0515
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanboy View Post

Parker
That's crazy! And I'm really sorry for the wait. What a pain. I haven't picked mine up yet but my CA did call with news of its delivery to the dealer. Can't pick up till Friday unfortunately. I hope you hear good news soon. As far as I can telli was released from VDC last Friday. It should not take 3-4days between cars for VDC release from the same boat. With a pump replacement and a 1200 mile service I was assuming I was likely to be last-ish to release from VdC.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #32
zzzmmm
SICK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm0515 View Post
That's crazy! And I'm really sorry for the wait. What a pain. I haven't picked mine up yet but my CA did call with news of its delivery to the dealer. Can't pick up till Friday unfortunately. I hope you hear good news soon. As far as I can telli was released from VDC last Friday. It should not take 3-4days between cars for VDC release from the same boat. With a pump replacement and a 1200 mile service I was assuming I was likely to be last-ish to release from VdC.
Got a call from dealer in ATL today, car arrived on the last day of 8 wks from drop off. Going to rethink out ED next time on a new model. Shoot me in the face regarding the wait. Oh well life can be worse. I mean complaining about an M5 being late, hell I could be complaining about a Camry being late or look at the guys post Sandy. Hope everyone of you are ok. Ive been through two hurricanes and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Appreciate 0