Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #67
Ak3249
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F12 M6 Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Some people on this board have commented that if the 19 year old worked hard for the M5 than that's cool. If i put every dime away that I made from say 12 years old delivering papers, working in McDonald's and all other kinds of crappy jobs, I wouldn't come close to having enough money for an M5 (F10). Where are these funds coming from. 19 years old and your driving an M5. Are these cars pre-owned or are you 19 year olds walking into BMW dealerships and purchasing a brand new M5. If it's brand new where did you earn that kind of cash. Or was it earned? If daddy bought it because you graduated from high school than it is daddy's car.

I say God bless if it's earned, but be careful.If you're 19 and driving around in a new M5, what in the world will you be driving when you're thirty?
I paid for half what does that constitute?????
Im sorry but this thread is useless. If a 19 year old wants a M5/6 and is blessed enough to afford one so be it. No thread can or ever will stop them from doing reckless things. The only thing that can help are worried and careful parents. The reason my parents trust me with my M6 is because I have shown to BE trust worthy behind the wheel of a car. Any little F**K up and its gone, bad grade, ticket or anyother stupid mistake.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #68
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

AK3249, from your post it constitutes that your parents have a beautiful F12 M6 cab. Make sure you keep your grades up.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #69
TheGr8Swami
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport w/XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterB27
How weird would a 19 year old look driving an M5?
Driving and owning are two different animals! So what if a young adult is driving a $100,000 car, is his name on the registration/title?
      03-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #70
nugent
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3249 View Post
I paid for half what does that constitute?????
Im sorry but this thread is useless. If a 19 year old wants a M5/6 and is blessed enough to afford one so be it. No thread can or ever will stop them from doing reckless things. The only thing that can help are worried and careful parents. The reason my parents trust me with my M6 is because I have shown to BE trust worthy behind the wheel of a car. Any little F**K up and its gone, bad grade, ticket or anyother stupid mistake.

in my day, if i F**Ked up, i would get spanked or grounded. GOD forbid my parents take my M6 cab away. what a joke. dude, i envy you being 19 and supposedly driving this car. but do not mistake this for having earned it or being trustworthy. it is a gift, and even your wise parents do not know with your 2-3 years of driving experience, when, and not if, you will do something reckless to hurt the car or worse yet, a person. we all were your age. we all played then and still continue to play stupid car games. you are no different. and when you start to believe you are, that's when the F*UCK up will happen.

cheers, and happy motoring.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #71
Ak3249
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F12 M6 Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
in my day, if i F**Ked up, i would get spanked or grounded. GOD forbid my parents take my M6 cab away. what a joke. dude, i envy you being 19 and supposedly driving this car. but do not mistake this for having earned it or being trustworthy. it is a gift, and even your wise parents do not know with your 2-3 years of driving experience, when, and not if, you will do something reckless to hurt the car or worse yet, a person. we all were your age. we all played then and still continue to play stupid car games. you are no different. and when you start to believe you are, that's when the F*UCK up will happen.

cheers, and happy motoring.
What I meant by that post was that I know what a privalege it is. But I do appreciate the advice from everyone.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #72
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

: what would be so weird? You don't think there are 19 year olds that can buy cars over $100K?
Appreciate 0