M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

01-22-2014, 03:19 PM   #23
DarthColin
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

No I don't, but I looked up the website for the product that you mentioned, and I am now planning on sealing it this spring. Thanks.
      01-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #24
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer-boy
Quote:
I find frozen grey to be the easiest to maintain car I have owned. I am also OCD.
Hi stealth, do you wash it yourself?
And keep it garaged?

Do you think frozen colours do better in certain countries due to climate ?

Asking as I saw a frozen blue m5, but it looked difficult to maintain with the weather in London
Yes I wash the car myself and keep it garaged.

I know a good mobile detailer who could do a good job washing the car, but my process is so easy I don't need any help.

I can wash the car in 15 minutes flat. I hose it down, then I foam gun with matte snow foam, then I rinse to remove most surface dirt. Then I foam gun again. Then I go over the car with a microfiber mitt carefully rinsing the mitt through the process. Then I hose rinse with de-mineralized water and then I drive it round the block to wind dry it. It is spotless within 15-20mins. No water marks. Spotless.

I have two hoses for this process which saves time because I don't need to switch between foam gun and rinse gun. And I have a de mineralizer hooked up to the rinse hose. I use drinking water hoses to avoid re mineralization.
Thanks for the insight on your maintenance with frozen colours

Out of curiosity how do you approach cleaning your brakes on your m5 (to limit rust, brake squeal etc)

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #25
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I find frozen grey to be the easiest to maintain car I have owned. I am also OCD.
Hi stealth, do you wash it yourself?
And keep it garaged?

Do you think frozen colours do better in certain countries due to climate ?

Asking as I saw a frozen blue m5, but it looked difficult to maintain with the weather in London
Yes I wash the car myself and keep it garaged.

I know a good mobile detailer who could do a good job washing the car, but my process is so easy I don't need any help.

I can wash the car in 15 minutes flat. I hose it down, then I foam gun with matte snow foam, then I rinse to remove most surface dirt. Then I foam gun again. Then I go over the car with a microfiber mitt carefully rinsing the mitt through the process. Then I hose rinse with de-mineralized water and then I drive it round the block to wind dry it. It is spotless within 15-20mins. No water marks. Spotless.

I have two hoses for this process which saves time because I don't need to switch between foam gun and rinse gun. And I have a de mineralizer hooked up to the rinse hose. I use drinking water hoses to avoid re mineralization.
Thanks for the insight on your maintenance with frozen colours

Out of curiosity how do you approach cleaning your brakes on your m5 (to limit rust, brake squeal etc)
Only way to clean brakes is using the brake pads - ie by braking hard. Avlnch has a technique for this.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #26
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

You can also ask your friendly BMW dealer to give you a couple of cans of their break cleaner which is great to get rid of the dust/grim and it leaves no residue . Just evaporates
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #27
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

@bimmer-boy

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=30