M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

10-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Mperial
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3, 2017 X1

Optimum No Rinse

Hello,

Have any M5 owners used Optimum No Rinse? If so, what are your impressions? I watched a few videos and it looked effective and easy. I'm looking for a convenient wash solution to the long and grimy New York winter.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

its a great product we use it plenty in our shop, one of your fellow M5 guys just picked it up from us after we completed a new car prep for him.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
ArtE36M3
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain
its a great product we use it plenty in our shop, one of your fellow M5 guys just picked it up from us after we completed a new car prep for him.
Hey Phil. I am very happy with the work you do and with the products I picked up. The car is very reflective and manages to stay pretty clean. For anyone looking for a quality detailer don't hesitate to contact detailers domain. Just for reference I had a new car prep with Opticoat. Will be returning for clear wrap.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I really wish detailers domain was near me. Time to go national Phil.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
Mperial
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3, 2017 X1

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, Phil. If you're close to Art, you're close to me - I'm in NYC as well. The clear film installation on the Audi looks like impeccable work. Are you in Northern NJ?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
ArtE36M3
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E39 M5

He is located in Norwood, NJ. It's off exit 2 on the palisades pkwy. Definitely worth any trip in the tristate area.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
Phil - I am having my M5 done with Wolf's Hard Body. I am also doing Xpel Ultimate on the entire front clip. Xpel says you should not use products with naptha or kerosene on Xpel because it yellows the film.

Would like your advice on these 2 questions?

1) Will the Xpel adhere properly with the bumper hood and fenders coated in Hard Body or should I not hardbody these areas?

2) If answer to one is no, then how do I gloss the Xpel to match the gloss on the rest of the car? Would Wolf's body wrap work on the Xpel film?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Phil - I am having my M5 done with Wolf's Hard Body. I am also doing Xpel Ultimate on the entire front clip. Xpel says you should not use products with naptha or kerosene on Xpel because it yellows the film.

1) Will the Xpel adhere properly with the bumper hood and fenders coated in Hard Body or should I not hardbody these areas?

2) If answer to one is no, then how do I gloss the Xpel to match the gloss on the rest of the car? Would Wolf's body wrap work on the Xpel film?
Your installer will strip off any type of 'wax' product wherever the Xpel is being installed so don't waste your time having the front clip done. BTW I had the front clip done on my car and it looks great.
Bish
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post

Your installer will strip off any type of 'wax' product wherever the Xpel is being installed so don't waste your time having the front clip done. BTW I had the front clip done on my car and it looks great.
Bish
Hard Body is a coating. It won't come off with a wax removing cleaner. To remove it you have to polish it off.
Appreciate 0