M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

06-16-2022, 11:08 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
F90 M5 oil pump in the F10 M5?

Anyone have info on the fitment and benefits of the F90 oil pump in the F1x M's? Shoutout to AutoLust on YT for the tip from the indy he is taking his car to for forged build. They didn't discuss much beyond the mention.

Thanks in advance
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2022, 11:25 AM   #2
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

No info to offer but I am curious...does the F90 version have a higher flow rate or what?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 11:59 AM   #3
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
I have been digging for tech spec's and have not found anything that granular yet. AutoLust on youtube answered back and said he was told it does provide a higher flow rate and is a direct fit to the F1x M cars. Jr, the owner of Aguadilla in central Florida, is running one in his F10 M5.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 05:41 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Another shoutout to AutoLust on youtube. I promise I am not him nor am I a paid promoter. I am a Florida man, not like the one reported in the news though, and we have some good content creators in the area.

Curious if anyone is running this:
https://n63intake.com/collections/m5...l-cooler-valve

As mentioned, I love in hot sunny Florida and we have year round driving and motorcycling weather so my cars and motorcycle get to temp pretty fast. With stop and go traffic being more common I am looking for any heat abatement advantage I can get.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 06:31 PM   #5
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Another shoutout to AutoLust on youtube. I promise I am not him nor am I a paid promoter. I am a Florida man, not like the one reported in the news though, and we have some good content creators in the area.

Curious if anyone is running this:
https://n63intake.com/collections/m5...l-cooler-valve

As mentioned, I love in hot sunny Florida and we have year round driving and motorcycling weather so my cars and motorcycle get to temp pretty fast. With stop and go traffic being more common I am looking for any heat abatement advantage I can get.
Here, is that what you talking about?

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1859208
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2022, 07:02 PM   #6
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, Panda6 is AutoLust on YT forgot about that. Not sure if the sport oil cooler valve was in the same video at the thermostat mod. I don't have great access to bandwidth at my office and we do 2 month rotations in the field. I do recall the sport oil cooler basically deletes the oil thermostat next to the oil filter so oil circulates fulltime. I have seen much else about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 11:05 PM   #7
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Yeah, Panda6 is AutoLust on YT forgot about that. Not sure if the sport oil cooler valve was in the same video at the thermostat mod. I don't have great access to bandwidth at my office and we do 2 month rotations in the field. I do recall the sport oil cooler basically deletes the oil thermostat next to the oil filter so oil circulates fulltime. I have seen much else about it.
@BBHMM did both he posted on that thread maybe he has some feedback. Might be worth it for you as you live in Florida. I would say get the oil cooler swapped and see if you want to do the thermostat. You want your engine to reach optimal temp.
Appreciate 1