M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

06-30-2022, 08:33 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Another open your wallet post

These folks are creating some very gorgeous products for the F1x M cars and other chassis' as well. Enthusiast owned and in my humble opinion they are priced very nicely. If I were home right now my cart would be full and I'd be stalking the UPS and Fedex drivers in my hood. Love the color of their Charge Coolers, man just a popping color that would look great in any S63 engine bay.

https://www.shopapexbuilt.com/
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 08:42 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
They are on insta as well, https://www.instagram.com/apexbuilt/
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 10:25 PM   #3
crazyinp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW X5e  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5M  [0.00]
Not sure if those coolers are worth the asking price. They do look just like everyone other one from china. So far the only one that has some data from and extensive testing is the CSF. With those prices so close to CSF I would not look at them
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 11:27 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, I don't know the country of origin but there is always that speculation about every part. I've wondered the same about PG and BMS both of which are in the same price point. No arguing the field/lab work of CSF but unless you catch em' at christmas that CSF tax is as strong as the M tax.

A water to air cooler isn't that complicated of a component but there is that question about the core at the center of it all. I have got my eye on the product and fortunate enough to be sequestered at sea which tempers my impulse buying. I also have my eyes on the mishimoto product that is in development. CSF is the heir apparent for this mod but I am not going to close my mind off on the field yet.

Apex has a stunning Ti intake kit as well. I am committed to my CF intakes but if I were in a buy position again they'd be on my short list.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 11:46 PM   #5
Minacious
The Dovahkiin
Rep
Drives: LCI M6 GC, other stuff.

I've had my eyes on them since a youtuber did a video on the intake and charge pipes some time ago. I am strongly considering them.

My M6 hasn't moved from the garage in over a year as I've just haven't had any time away from work to address the things that need to be fixed, but I am hoping to have a little time coming up in between an ending and starting production.

I have been buying little mods here and there for it, so it doesn't feel too abandoned sitting in the back of the garage.

It looks like they've whittled down the choices of Ti patterns to a select few from when I least checked. Nevertheless, I think that standard Ti will pop next to the CF engine cover. It was either going to be this intake or the RK Autowerks CF unit.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 11:42 AM   #6
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
My work is very rotational as well so it make doing projects a little tough. Mine sits for about 2 or 3 months at a time but on the upside it get as giddy as a kid in a candy store when I get in it again.

I like Ti and CF so it was a tough decision when I bought my set off of a forum member. My only regrets with the CF is I cannot get the matching charge pipes that is unless someone decides to sell theirs during a part out.

If you are looking for some continuity of design wit the intakes and charge pipes then the Ti pipes are the way to go.

If you are considering getting a set @ApexM5 has a set of gently used TI intakes in the Forum Member garage sale section.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #7
Minacious
The Dovahkiin
Rep
Drives: LCI M6 GC, other stuff.

As far as continuity, I ideally wanted CF charge pipes to compliment a CF intake (in addition to the already installed CF engine cover), but since the CF charge pipes are no longer produced, I gave up on that mission.

I simply have to get the Ti charge pipes, if I get the Ti intake.

Appreciate the heads up on the sale post!!!
Appreciate 1