09-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #67
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Kid, you have good understanding
lol I doubt it I enjoyed an m5 for 8 months and ate 30k lmao hardly a wise decision regardless of how much I can enjoy myself and not get in hot water
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #68
s4awd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 GT3RS, 08 E92 M3, 06 Evo IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loft23 View Post
+1 I have a friend with two houses, lots of money saved up, but frugal in every respect. They have a car which they spend $6k on repairs this year alone and don't think its wise to buy a new car. I tell them that they have more than enough to send their kids through school, leave a little something for them including the houses, etc... why not live a little. Cars weren't important to them, but they can at least get something decent and new. It's not just cars, even with dining out they can't justify going to a nice restaurant often. When they do, they complain about the prices yada yada. He's a hard worker, but what's the point of working hard if you can't enjoy life. As long as you do it responsibly, it's all good!
Some people live in fear when they have debt. It's eventually becomes an OCD behavior. They just end up hoarding cash regardless of quality of life.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #69
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4awd View Post
Some people live in fear when they have debt. It's eventually becomes an OCD behavior. They just end up hoarding cash regardless of quality of life.
Me lol I have 0 I use a credit card and pay it off in a day or two
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #70
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

I am looking at selling my M5. It just doesn't fit with my lifestyle. My daily is a truck and I want something lighter and more fun to throw into corners as my weekend car. Overall beautiful car, but I have a few issues with it;

1. To have fun in it you have to be doing outrageously illegal speeds
2. Too much traffic in Socal to have any fun on a regular basis (I have five kids and can't take time to find deserted roads to enjoy anymore)
3. No enough differentiation from a standard 5 series for me in terms of appearance when compared with a 535i MSport
4. To heavy for the track and eats a lot of consumables (tires/brakes)

Positive's are that it is an incredible Q ship and definitely is the king of the road. Luxury is outstanding along with build quality. If you want to fly under the radar and have an crazy fast daily driver, not much better out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #71
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
I am looking at selling my M5. It just doesn't fit with my lifestyle. My daily is a truck and I want something lighter and more fun to throw into corners as my weekend car. Overall beautiful car, but I have a few issues with it;

1. To have fun in it you have to be doing outrageously illegal speeds
2. Too much traffic in Socal to have any fun on a regular basis (I have five kids and can't take time to find deserted roads to enjoy anymore)
3. No enough differentiation from a standard 5 series for me in terms of appearance when compared with a 535i MSport
4. To heavy for the track and eats a lot of consumables (tires/brakes)

Positive's are that it is an incredible Q ship and definitely is the king of the road. Luxury is outstanding along with build quality. If you want to fly under the radar and have an crazy fast daily driver, not much better out there.
Spot on. The M5 is the perfect DD! I wouldn't pick one up for a weekend toy.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0