M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
nothingbutspeed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Stage 3 E85 Audi RS3

Hey all new to the forum and new to the BMW M world. Mainly had AMG's and Merc's prior.

Was contemplating a myriad of cars before buying this, RS3, C63S, E63S, M5, C6Z (would require to keep another sedan daily), and don't kill me here some type of FI(whipple, procharged, hellion) A10 18+ Mustang GT. High on the list though along with the M was the RS3, albeit a much smaller car, with a lot less features.

Helping a friend of mine purchase a Mercedes dealer locally here in South Florida, I noticed they had an M5 in the lot, looked very clean. I briefly discussed with the sales guy there and inquired. It was a 2013 Singapore Grey, one owner, clean carfax with 19k on the clock! It also was nicely appointed with the executive package and the drivers assistance package. ( and B&O)

About a week or so later we finally came to an agreement and have enjoyed the car since Monday. I have to say I'm impressed with the linear power curve for a turbo car.

To those tuned, as I am thinking of going intakes(mainly for sound), and full exhaust, or at minimum catless DP, and stage 1 to preserve clutches for now, does the car torque spike like other platforms, such as some of the Merc's when tuned?

Hopefully looking forward to meeting a few of you, like to wrench when I can, but recently had a pretty bad injury so don't know how much I will do myself now.

That's all of my verbal vomit for now...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Ickdeep5720.50
      05-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #2
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Welcome!! sweet find. There is plenty you can do to get sound and power out of these cars.

Post some pics when you can!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #3
cdd
Rep
Drives: '16 M5, '18 RRS SCV8

I just got here myself, but welcome! I've had both E63 and C55 prior to the M5, so a former AMG guy myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 08:53 AM   #4
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

that's awesome finding one with only 19,000 miles but it's not all good news because with the 2013's there's problems that you may run into.. if you got a higher mileage one they're usually sorted out already but yours has seen such little usage it most likely hasnt run into any of those problems yet and now you'll have to deal with them.. with no warranty
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 08:22 AM   #5
nothingbutspeed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Stage 3 E85 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachM5nster View Post
that's awesome finding one with only 19,000 miles but it's not all good news because with the 2013's there's problems that you may run into.. if you got a higher mileage one they're usually sorted out already but yours has seen such little usage it most likely hasnt run into any of those problems yet and now you'll have to deal with them.. with no warranty
From what I quickly gathered it's mainly plugs/coils, and potentially fuel pump and injectors? The Oil pump has been changed. I know that there is the occasional rod bearing, which doesn't seem to be year dependent.

Other than clutches when stage 2 and even some stage 1 cars, what else should I look out for.

As mentioned saw many of the above items, and I feel as when they come up I will address, considering I think I received a fair deal.

Certainly appreciate the input as I am still learning the car and community.
Appreciate 1