Thank you for all your kind comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Congrats man
Have it without CP
Love it
But can't drive it though broken in because I am sick like a dog with the Flu
Yours will stand our more?
The breaking in bit was like having a Christmas present and not being able to open it for several weeks! I stuck to it religiously though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
A really nice and genuine write up Will

I've also noticed that about the exhaust sound being louder when the throttle map is in sport / sport-plus on my M6 and amazed it's never commented on. I think it sounds quite ordinary in Comfort mode yet is much better in Sport and abide. I can't remember that happening on my previous non-Competition Pack (although to be fair, I only had that car a few weeks before ordering the CP)...I wonder if it only does this on CP cars? Same thing happens on the missus's M135i too....that sounds really good in the sports modes.
Thanks mate! It might be because it's a louder exhaust it's more pronounced on CP cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Thanks for clarifying...everyday is a schoolday

You're not thinking straight - us Brits clearly have our steering wheels on the 'right' side. I'm not making it up....it's there for everyone to see
Couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
No B & O and a DJ!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggly View Post
As your a DJ is there any reason other than price for not choosing the B&O system.

Great write up...very honest
Thank you. To be honest I DJ in clubs playing ear-deafeningly loud music 5-6 nights a week so I mainly listen to (tech and F1 based) spoken podcasts when driving.

That being said I have always taken a sound system upgrade for the quality of it, but with the price difference between the Harmon Kardon and the B&O being so huge, the B&O is about £3000 ($5000) more than the Harmon Kardon, and I know how good Harmon Kardon sound systems are having had several myself I went for the cheaper option.

To be completely honest, it sounds awesome I have not had a chance to hear the B&O myself, but this Harmon Kardon is better than any of the factory fit sound systems I have ever had including the Bose in my Audi (which was a £2500 upgrade). It makes me wonder how the B&O can be £3000 better than the Harmon Kardon, but I stand to be corrected
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #24
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Congrats. BTW, you can address the wiper sensitivity issue through coding.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #25
DJ Willby
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
Congrats. BTW, you can address the wiper sensitivity issue through coding.
Cool thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #26
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

pretty spectacular post Will. fair play to you mate, especially as a first post! firstly, what a great looking colour and spec, in and out.
i'm ordering mine this week and CP is defo on the spec for me. did you get to drive a cp demo before deciding? is the ride harder than no cp car? I'm toying between getting carbon ceramics at around £ 7k or B&O and rear tv/entertainment, at around £ 5,500 to £6k...?!?

the cp wheels look the bollox and have taken a while to grow on me, as thought they looked like Halfords aftermarket wheels to begin with. now I love them.
Your post has made me want my car now, right now, no fcuking delays
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #27
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

I LOVE that you got SO in the UK! As a life-long anglophile, I know how difficult a choice it must have been for you. I'll bet there's less than 20 SO's in the whole UK. Good job. Have fun.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #28
DJ Willby
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
pretty spectacular post Will. fair play to you mate, especially as a first post! firstly, what a great looking colour and spec, in and out.
i'm ordering mine this week and CP is defo on the spec for me. did you get to drive a cp demo before deciding? is the ride harder than no cp car? I'm toying between getting carbon ceramics at around £ 7k or B&O and rear tv/entertainment, at around £ 5,500 to £6k...?!?

the cp wheels look the bollox and have taken a while to grow on me, as thought they looked like Halfords aftermarket wheels to begin with. now I love them.
Your post has made me want my car now, right now, no fcuking delays
Haha thanks mate! I didn't get to test drive a CP, just the standard one. I can't tell any difference in ride at all between them. I often drive in Sport suspension mode which is great around the B roads and even that's not too firm.

I would defo take the ceramics over the B&O and rear tv/entertainment. The rear entertainment will soon be out of date - a couple of iPads would be a better shout in my opinion! I think the Harmon Kardon sound system is fantastic and £3000 less than the B&O as well
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #29
DJ Willby
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
I LOVE that you got SO in the UK! As a life-long anglophile, I know how difficult a choice it must have been for you. I'll bet there's less than 20 SO's in the whole UK. Good job. Have fun.
Thank you. I would be very interested to know the actual number, I've never seen on in the flesh or online for sale!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Very nice car enjoy, I hope the weather improves in your neck of the woods, so you can do more miles.
      01-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #31
DJ Willby
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Very nice car enjoy, I hope the weather improves in your neck of the woods, so you can do more miles.
Thanks - me too!!
Appreciate 0