M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

11-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #45
mgallen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Azurite Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
My car has now achieved customs clearance, and something called liner release. I assume this means it is at the VPC.
Mine too. I'm trying to get an ETA from BMW South Atlanta because I'll be in ATL next Wednesday for business. It would be great timing if it's ready for pickup next Thursday!

How about you? Any ETA on your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #46
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgallen View Post
Mine too. I'm trying to get an ETA from BMW South Atlanta because I'll be in ATL next Wednesday for business. It would be great timing if it's ready for pickup next Thursday!

How about you? Any ETA on your car?
No ETA, but i am not expecting it by Thursday. But I think you stand a good chance if you don't need an oil pump or any reconditioning.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #47
mgallen
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No ETA, but i am not expecting it by Thursday. But I think you stand a good chance if you don't need an oil pump or any reconditioning.
Good luck. Maybe I'll see you there next week. I'll keep you posted on any progress I hear.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #48
Bnicely
Bnicely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

FYI, my salesman at Global called last night, said didn't look too good for next week, he said everything slowed down even in Brunswick due to NJ issues for all of us with ED returning cars. Whenever she gets here it will be an exciting day. Thanks for all the info gents. Peace
      11-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #49
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
This is going to take a long time. I called the Brunswick VPC - and they said they still haven't received my car. I would interpret that as that they have not logged in the cars which cleared customs on Thursday.

Which also means they haven't thought about replacing the oil pump, or fixing the chips from the European Delivery, or the break-in service.

I'm basically SOL here. I doubt I'll have the car before thanksgiving, and I sold my own car because I expected the car to be here 6 weeks after drop off in Munich. This whole process is really pissing me off. It shouldn't take 2.5 months to ship a car from Munich to the east coast. Will buy a Porsche next time.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 11-05-2012 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #50
mgallen
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
This is going to take a long time. I called the Brunswick VPC - and they said they still haven't received my car. I would interpret that as that they have not logged in the cars which cleared customs on Thursday.

Which also means they haven't thought about replacing the oil pump, or fixing the chips from the European Delivery, or the break-in service.

I'm basically SOL here. I doubt I'll have the car before thanksgiving, and I sold my own car because I expected the car to be here 6 weeks after drop off in Munich. This whole process is really pissing me off. It shouldn't take 2.5 months to ship a car from Munich to the east coast. Will buy a Porsche next time.
That really sucks. Can you send me the Brunswick VPC contact information? I'd lime to check my status. Were that helpful, or did they have attitude?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #51
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
They're not friendly - they really expect us to call the dealer, or BMW NA, not some internal number.

Check your PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #52
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:

Bro, I feel your pain. I'm going on Week #9, since dropoff in Germany.

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #53
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:

Stealth
Odds are you have more time until you see your baby.
Mine has been at the VDC since Oct 20. Got notification that they are to start on the oil pump today.
Timeline:
Oct 20 midnight offloaded Brunswick.
Oct 27 midnight accepted to VDC (est delivery 11/1)
Nov 5 Oil Pump Campaign opened (est delivery 11/9)

At this point, the ED program it is not worth the suffereing. Maybe that will all go away once I receive it, but for now.... not so much.
      11-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #54
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin4now View Post
Stealth
Odds are you have more time until you see your baby.
Mine has been at the VDC since Oct 20. Got notification that they are to start on the oil pump today.
Timeline:
Oct 20 midnight offloaded Brunswick.
Oct 27 midnight accepted to VDC (est delivery 11/1)
Nov 5 Oil Pump Campaign opened (est delivery 11/9)

At this point, the ED program it is not worth the suffereing. Maybe that will all go away once I receive it, but for now.... not so much.
So based on your timeline, I will get my car in December when you factor in the Thanksgiving shutdown.

I drop off the car 9/23 and get it back 12/3. I think if thats the outlook then they owe me a monthly rental of a comparable car. Hertz has an E63 AMG for rent.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #55
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I really feel like strangling BMW right now.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 11-06-2012 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #56
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:

Quote:
I am having homicidal thoughts wrt BMW personnel right now.
I'm sorry, but I can't bite my tongue any longer. Your complaining all over the board about the delivery delay of your car shows incredible insensitivity. A storm of historic proportions slammed into the northeast, devastating the NJ coast, Staten Island and parts of Long Island. Entire towns were wiped off the map and thousands of people lost their homes. Next time you get angry that you car still has not been delivered try thinking about those poor individuals that lost everything and are sifting through the rubble of their home searching for any personal belonging that are salvageable. Your car will get to you soon enough and your life will go on as normal ... many others are not as fortunate.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #57
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
AGS - living in south Florida I know all about storms. The storm delayed this car by 4 days - which means sla may shift to 7-9 weeks instead of the original 6-8 weeks. It doesn't justify an eta of 11-12 weeks.

You can't use a storm to justify incompetence:
- they should not have left the car sitting at docks in Bremerhaven for 20 days (when 4 boats were available)
- they should have had an oil pump available before the vehicle arrived at Brunswick
- and they should not be back logged since the ga VPC never closed down due to the storm
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #58
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Oh and by the way, the argument that others are suffering is also irrelevant. It is equivalent to saying that I shouldn't complain about poor service in an expensive restaurant because there are homeless people down the street receiving nothing.

By your logic nobody had any obligation to fulfill any contractual obligation as long as there is suffering in the country somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #59
AGS
Major
Rep

Quote:
Oh and by the way, the argument that others are suffering is also irrelevant. It is equivalent to saying that I shouldn't complain about poor service in an expensive restaurant because there are homeless people down the street receiving nothing.

By your logic nobody had any obligation to fulfill any contractual obligation as long as there is suffering in the country somewhere.
No, it is not irrelevant to this situation. It's 100% relevant. BMW NA is managed out of Woodcliff Lake, NJ and the VPC in Newark is the primary VPC for the east coast of the US. Both were in areas extensively damaged by the storm. Many areas in northern NJ still have no power 8 days after the storm, including Bergen County where Woodcliff Lake is located. No power means no heat and last night temperatures dipped into the 20s. Have you watched the news lately? Long waits for gasoline so people can run their generators and keep their families warm and cook a hot meal. Many of the people that manage the delivery of BMWs into the US market are still suffering to this day, so yes it is relevant.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #60
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

Quote:
So based on your timeline, I will get my car in December when you factor in the Thanksgiving shutdown.

I drop off the car 9/23 and get it back 12/3. I think if thats the outlook then they owe me a monthly rental of a comparable car. Hertz has an E63 AMG for rent.
You're East Coast, right? BMW advises West Coast ED redelivery nominally at 8-10 weeks. You're complaining yours may take 11 weeks? I don't know what your experience has been on prior BMW ED's, but I've had it take up to 13 weeks on a 335 and only 7 weeks on the E39M5 ... and my 997 TT took 15 weeks from Stuttgart to SoCal
      11-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #61
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkreidel
Quote:

You're East Coast, right? BMW advises West Coast ED redelivery nominally at 8-10 weeks. You're complaining yours may take 11 weeks? I don't know what your experience has been on prior BMW ED's, but I've had it take up to 13 weeks on a 335 and only 7 weeks on the E39M5 ... and my 997 TT took 15 weeks from Stuttgart to SoCal
Yes. You are a well known door mat. Glad BMW and Porsche are exploiting that.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #62
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS
Quote:

No, it is not irrelevant to this situation. It's 100% relevant. BMW NA is managed out of Woodcliff Lake, NJ and the VPC in Newark is the primary VPC for the east coast of the US. Both were in areas extensively damaged by the storm. Many areas in northern NJ still have no power 8 days after the storm, including Bergen County where Woodcliff Lake is located. No power means no heat and last night temperatures dipped into the 20s. Have you watched the news lately? Long waits for gasoline so people can run their generators and keep their families warm and cook a hot meal. Many of the people that manage the delivery of BMWs into the US market are still suffering to this day, so yes it is relevant.
There is absolutely no causal connection in your logic. Use your brain for a change.

Brunswick operations are not weather impacted. Germany is not weather impacted. The oil pump supplier in Europe is also not weather impacted. An oil pump is a small enough part that it can be airmailed.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #63
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Without getting too much into ethics, I agree with Stealt.Pilot. We are all aware how significant,unfortunate, and tragic the hurricane was but BMWNA is an inept source of information. Hurricane or not. The line of communication between BMWNA, the dealer and the customer is inefficient and poorly managed. 90% of the time I was able to find out important information on this forum as opposed to the source I should get it from, the dealer...Not that I have to be a detective to read and post on forums to find simple things out. To briefly touch on your accusation of poor ethics to Stealth.Pilot...Like I said earlier we all know about the unfortunate event but the man is just trying to obtain good intel of the status of a vehicle he paid lots of money for. There are horrific events going on in the world everyday. It doesn't mean you should make him feel guilty that he wants to find out where his car is and get a straight story from BMWNA. I am aware of where BMWNA is located but they also have offices in Ohio and they have a bigger office in Germany. As a large and successful company they should have better info available in the event of logistical issues or timeframe issues when it comes to the satisfaction of their customers.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #64
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

We've been dealing with significant delays at the West Coast VDC in Oxnard, CA also which is 3,000 miles away from where the hurricane hit. The basic problem here is that BMW is virtually unaware or is not telling the customer what is going on with their vehicles. It is one thing for a U.S. Delivery M5 that has not been delivered the customer yet, technically making it still property of BMW, but it is another thing entirely for an ED customer, as it is our car already. Not being able to get information on something that we paid for and in the case of ED have already paid in full for or making payments on already is unacceptable.

In my particular case my ED M5 has been stuck at the VDC now for 7 working days and BMW doesn't know why. Unacceptable. Looking at getting compensation for this mental anguish.

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #65
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
We've been dealing with significant delays at the West Coast VDC in Oxnard, CA also which is 3,000 miles away from where the hurricane hit. The basic problem here is that BMW is virtually unaware or is not telling the customer what is going on with their vehicles. It is one thing for a U.S. Delivery M5 that has not been delivered the customer yet, technically making it still property of BMW, but it is another thing entirely for an ED customer, as it is our car already. Not being able to get information on something that we paid for and in the case of ED have already paid in full for or making payments on already is unacceptable.

In my particular case my ED M5 has been stuck at the VDC now for 7 working days and BMW doesn't know why. Unacceptable. Looking at getting compensation for this mental anguish.
I couldn't agree more. That is wrong. I wish you luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #66
AGS
Major
Rep

Quote:
There is absolutely no causal connection in your logic. Use your brain for a change.

Brunswick operations are not weather impacted. Germany is not weather impacted. The oil pump supplier in Europe is also not weather impacted. An oil pump is a small enough part that it can be airmailed.
There absolutely is a connection in the current delay of your car being delivered. Everything is managed out of Woodcliff Lake by BMW NA. They were out of power for a while and many of their employees are dealing with personal hardships so they may be short-handed on staff. That will slow the process of sourcing and managing the distribution of oil pumps to the VPCs. The VPCs have zero control over this, they just wait for them to show up. They cannot even decide which car to install them on - BMW NA has to assign a VIN to each replacement part set.

For the VPCs, since Newark was shut down BMW NA is diverting cars to the other east coast VPCs. Members of the board can attest to that. I saw that a member from NY had his car diverted to Baltimore. There is a ripple effect across all of the east coast VPCs which will slow the processing of new in-bound cars given the larger scale of the Newark VPC and the smaller scale of Baltimore and Brunswick. Plus, that already strained staff at BMW NA has to manage this whole relocation while at the same time continuing to manage the replacement pump process.

I am using my brain, and thankfully my heart is working as well. You're the one who needs to use a little more of both.

Quote:
Yes. You are a well known door mat. Glad BMW and Porsche are exploiting that.
BTW, very classy response.
Appreciate 0