Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-13-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
Bnicely
Bnicely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

What to do in ATL when it snows

Being an OCD hyperactive adult with children, with some mixed snow and ice in ATL, what do I do during this beautifully small but unique weather situation?
1. Leave the spotless M5 in the garage
2. Take the X5 with a gas can to QT so I have enough petrol for the host of 14 year olds (including my son) to drive the golf cart throughout the neighborhood sideways and practice their drifting
3. While at QT buy enough Red Bull to keep me gassed so I can keep up with all the kids
4. Prepare numerous meatball subs, quesadillas for the hungry mouths whilst doing 748 loads of laundry as everyone including me! is soaking wet
5. During a brief calm, stare intently into the angel eyes of my beast, knowing she is not moving, and in the relative warmth of the garage, detail her interior with Lexol and Wolfgangs Cockpit Trim Sealant, and of course vacuum
6. Wax her wheels since she just received new Michelin rubber, her Valentines present
7, Smile knowing that in a few short days I will be slamming down the accelerator sliding her sideways (on dry pavement) and truly enjoying EVERY SINGLE DAY I have owned this car, and yes even more so than the previous 2 M5's and 08 M6 as well.

Cheers to everyone! May you all be safe and happy! Off to roll in the snow with my youngest. Nothing like pulling an 8 year old down the street via extension cord tied to the back of the golf cart to ring in some winter fun for the last few hours of frigidity!

Peace, Ricky Bobby
      02-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Awesome! That is very cool!

BTW I'm back in a week. We can meet then to test your setup.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

practice drifting in the snow
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

LOL! Same thing here in DC, except I don't have kids and I have a job where I have to work from home during snow days.

My M5 is in the garage hibernating with a car cover on it. I may take the Abarth out for a spin later, if I get my work done early. The funny thing here is that it feels warm outside cause it's not 7 degrees F right now.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #5
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
practice drifting in the snow
Niko I can only imagine what the view is like today from your house. Whenever I day dream about California, sometimes I like to think of Laguna and your house.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
ufgtrs2007
dentite
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, M2C, JLU392, e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
I'm inspired by your words and yearn the return of my beast. She is at the bodyshop getting repaired after a minor front end accident. I can't wait to have her back in the garage. My other baby, the M3, is parked near my friend's house after I couldn't make it home in the snow storm in Raleigh yesterday. Can't wait to have both home safely!!

Be safe everyone and happy Valentine's!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
RealStig
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnicely View Post
Being an OCD hyperactive adult with children, with some mixed snow and ice in ATL, what do I do during this beautifully small but unique weather situation?
2. Take the X5 with a gas can to QT so I have enough petrol for the host of 14 year olds (including my son) to drive the golf cart throughout the neighborhood sideways and practice their drifting
3. While at QT buy enough Red Bull to keep me gassed so I can keep up with all the kids
4. Prepare numerous meatball subs, quesadillas for the hungry mouths whilst doing 748 loads of laundry as everyone including me! is soaking wet
5. During a brief calm, stare intently into the angel eyes of my beast, knowing she is not moving, and in the relative warmth of the garage, detail her interior with Lexol and Wolfgangs Cockpit Trim Sealant, and of course vacuum
6. Wax her wheels since she just received new Michelin rubber, her Valentines present
7, Smile knowing that in a few short days I will be slamming down the accelerator sliding her sideways (on dry pavement) and truly enjoying EVERY SINGLE DAY I have owned this car, and yes even more so than the previous 2 M5's and 08 M6 as well.

Cheers to everyone! May you all be safe and happy! Off to roll in the snow with my youngest. Nothing like pulling an 8 year old down the street via extension cord tied to the back of the golf cart to ring in some winter fun for the last few hours of frigidity!

Peace, Ricky Bobby
Sounds like a great plan!

Although I'd stay away from Redbull as much as possible! I'd rather drink Scotch, I think it is healthier than Redbull - Sarcasm
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #8
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnicely View Post

Peace, Ricky Bobby
inspiration from NYC

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #9
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Can you guys spare some snow? Just a little, it was a sweltering 75 degrees today in SoCal.

On a more serious note, stay safe out there, I see cars sliding into each other all over the news.
      02-16-2014, 03:46 AM   #10
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
inspiration from NYC

Awesome!
Appreciate 0