M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

09-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Weekend Itinerary

I'm still struggling with an itinerary for my October 12-14 ED trip.

Option 1: B-1pilot inspired itinerary - covering Stelvio, St Gotthard, Furka, Susten, etc. See attached photo. However I think it is too ambitious for 3 days. Would be pretty much non-stop driving.

Option 2: Tirol Passes: Drive down to Kitzbuhel. Spend a night there. Then drive across to Dornbirn through Tirol, enjoying various Tirol passes along the way (need suggestions). Spend second night in Dornbirn. Then on third and last day drive back to Munich via Lindau, Fussen and Starnberg.

Option 3: Black Forest on Saturday. Deutsche Alpenstrasse on Sunday and Monday.

Would love some help fleshing out options 2 and 3.

I may also be able to get the car earlier on the 11th since I'm arriving on the 10th. Was originally going to rent a car and explore the car museums in Stuttgart that day. However if I get my car on the 11th, then it opens up other possibilities.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

For Option 2 you could travel from Munich to "Slyrs" (only German Whiskey distillery) , then drive the "Tatzelwurm" which drops you out just before you enter Austria and get off the hwy towards Kitzbuehel.
From there you could drive the Gerlospass towards Innsbruck (I'd have suggested a detour via Woergl and Thierbach as it's a great driving road but it adds ~2.5/3hrs of roundtrip as you'd have to drive a dirt road to avoid making it a roundtrip . Many of the interesting driving roads in this area are really "dead ends" , the larger passes/driving roads tend to be busy on weekends.
You'll end up back on the main hwy (A12) and could either head towards St Anton and take the backroad via Leach am Arlberg and Au towards Dornbirn, or do a detour via Silvretta and drop back onto the A12. Depending on your time/progress you could back track a little and do the Lech am Arlberg loop or head straight towards Dornbirn (option 2b)

Option 2

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=T...mra=ps&t=m&z=9

Option 2b
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=T...mra=ps&t=m&z=9
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
@JMH Thanks. This is helpful.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 09-29-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0