BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #1
sales@vivid
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 DCT

▀■▀■Targa Trophy euro VS JDM | LA to Las Vegas Rally Recap

The Targa Trophy has become one of my new favorite events. It brings everything about road rallies into a smaller format, takes into account poker run style challenges, and takes you on some of the coolest roads that you would never experience otherwise. This past weekend was the Euro vs JDM Los Angeles to Las Vegas rally. We headed out from Phoenix in our McLaren 12C along with vividracingjames F10 M5. The rally started at MOMO USA HQ where we gathered for pre race festivities and had a start time of 11:30am. What would normally be a 3 hour straight shot up the I-15, turned into a epic adventure of 7 hours. The drive took us up into Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear Mountain. Beautiful scenic mountain roads that that winded us down the back side and into Victorville. We were on open roads with no traffic that allowed most drivers to really get into their horsepower. Through checkpoints, photos, and Instagram Posts of #TargaTrophy, we came near the end which had us in Death Valley. At 116F, it was empty roads near 5pm. It was almost like the world had ended and this was all that was left. We threw our 360Fly camera on the window and cranked out some speed on the desolate roads. Ending up at the Bellagio and then later the Aria made for a great adventure. Of course we had to then drive back to Phoenix. Nothing like 3 days and 1200 miles! If you are looking to do a road rally and want to be with a great group of people, check out Targa Trophy as you will not be disappointed! Enjoy the pictures and video and see our FULL Targa Trophy JDM vs Euro Gallery Here.

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 03:33 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Nice pictures an recap dude! I was considering this run also but decided against due to the heat. I really don't like Vegas in the summer. There was also the LSG rally the same day that went to Palm Springs. Good to see M5's represent in Targa though, I'll be doing one in the future when the weather is a big cooler.

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
sales@vivid
United_States
Rep

Yeah, the heat was a bit much.. But living in AZ, you kinda get used to it. Which isnt exactly a good thing lol
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 06:54 PM   #4
sales@vivid
United_States
Rep

Hello everyone! We are almost though another long week, and what better way to celebrate than getting some stuff for your M5? Right??
Shoot me a PM for the best prices for anything you might need.

-Ralph
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #5
sales@vivid
United_States
Rep

Happy Tuesday everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that i will be leaving for Vegas tomorrow. I will still be available, but not by phone. If you are needing to get a hold of me, you can still reach me by email or PM. I will be back in the office on Monday.

PS.... If i get a PM from anyone whine in Vegas, special pricing might be given. You never know if ill be feeling generous

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0