TazOjla
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
So sad to see images like this, RIP. Buying my son a VW Polo as his first car. 90hp is more than enough for him. He'll get a guaranteed ass whooping if he takes the M5 without me in the car. Don't understand how parents can find it acceptable to let kids drive such over powered cars
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 03:22 PM   #24
Russkey
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW AW 550xi

Garage List
2012 550xi  [10.00]
Yeah, it's all over Russian news. Very sad news. I wonder what caused the m5 to lose control? Most of you would probably say: young, unexperienced driver + high speed, right?
      10-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #25
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey
Yeah, it's all over Russian news. Very sad news. I wonder what caused the m5 to lose control? Most of you would probably say: young, unexperienced driver + high speed, right?
No
I say TC OFF or mdm
Unless he hit a huge bump and literally took off the ground in my experience with full traction on its next to impossible to spun out in m5
And i tried it in heavy rain with 950Nm torque and worn tires
But 300kmh may play a difference
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 07:10 PM   #26
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
guys i understand that damage might be same/g-force/etc

but i am talking about actual COLLISION/IMPACT speed and it is arguable who is right and who is wrong, but let everyone stay with their own opinion + both cars are different weight, have different collision area, different size, doing different speed and it was not exactly 100% head on

so in reality none of us is right
I do agree that the collision/impact speed on head-on collision is the summation of both speeds.
I also agree the weight and speed will change the equation and as I mentioned p =m *V. what I'm trying to say is that the impact will not cause double damage to each car
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #27
Sergm3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 f10 m5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
This is in Russia. Shame he didn't take out the presidential motorcade for a stacked win!
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2015, 03:56 AM   #28
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:

but i am talking about actual COLLISION/IMPACT speed and it is arguable who is right and who is wrong, but let everyone stay with their own opinion + both cars are different weight, have different collision area, different size, doing different speed and it was not exactly 100% head on

I don't think you can add two car's speed and call that collision speed though.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #29
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: plenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat
Quote:

Exactly.

One thing to note, the OP just mentioned he has tried to spin out his M5 in heavy rain, then in the first post mentions he's young.. not a good combo IMO. OP, don't hurt yourself bud.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 04:31 AM   #30
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped B6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat
Quote:

Exactly.

One thing to note, the OP just mentioned he has tried to spin out his M5 in heavy rain, then in the first post mentions he's young.. not a good combo IMO. OP, don't hurt yourself bud.
Do u even ready my posts? Looks like you do not if you read it that way!

Yes i did try and i try and will continue to try with all my cars, because if you can test it in safe environment then you know what to expect from the car on public road in any dangerous conditions

But you will understand it in your own way, so dont bother to reply
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #31
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328xi, '16 F82 (soon)

So, what age do you think is required to drive an M4 car? Just curious.

I've started with a 220hp car with my first car. 8 years down till today I'll be getting an M car. Curious to know.

Personally, I don't care what others think if I'm young or not. Should there be a law? No. Should the dealers determine who to sell the cars to? Like Ferrari? No. Should there be a insurance hike? Yes, but I dislike it.
      10-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #32
TazOjla
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 BMW M5  [0.00]
2009 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ul View Post

I've started with a 220hp car with my first car. 8 years down till today I'll be getting an M car. Curious to know.

Personally, I don't care what others think if I'm young or not. Should there be a law? No. Should the dealers determine who to sell the cars to? Like Ferrari? No. Should there be a insurance hike? Yes, but I dislike it.
I personally don't think you can set an age limit. It's not the car it's more how you drive it. If you're going to be a tit then go ahead buy it you're only endangering yourself and the other poor sods on the road. If you're going to drive in a reasonable fashion then again go ahead, you'll just have more respect for yourself and others IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #33
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazOjla View Post
I personally don't think you can set an age limit. It's not the car it's more how you drive it. If you're going to be a tit then go ahead buy it you're only endangering yourself and the other poor sods on the road. If you're going to drive in a reasonable fashion then again go ahead, you'll just have more respect for yourself and others IMO.
Yah man, if people want to haul ass. Do it on the track ffs.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #34
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ul View Post

Please don't get defensive. Nobody here wants to offense or say anything against young people but the point is the same way your insurance is high when you are young, there must be some limitation for people who drive high performance cars and as I said before it's not just about age... it's about skill too... so in response to your curiosity, I would say: if someone has over 8 years experience driving a 220 HP car and know how to push that car to the limit then he will be able to control a 400 HP car as long as his ego is under control .... Months ago I asked one of my friends (who is 20 years old) get behind the wheel of my M6 since we had to go somewhere and I was tired. We were at stop light that an Audi-R8 stopped next to us. a young guy behind the wheel of R8 looked my friend and revved his car waiting for Green light to race. My buddy looked at me and said: I think that's the reason we young people shouldn't own these cars because if you were not here, I would race him to give him a lesson not to play with M6 LOL...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #35
s0ul
Coder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Please don't get defensive. Nobody here wants to offense or say anything against young people but the point is the same way your insurance is high when you are young, there must be some limitation for people who drive high performance cars and as I said before it's not just about age... it's about skill too... so in response to your curiosity, I would say: if someone has over 8 years experience driving a 220 HP car and know how to push that car to the limit then he will be able to control a 400 HP car as long as his ego is under control .... Months ago I asked one of my friends (who is 20 years old) get behind the wheel of my M6 since we had to go somewhere and I was tired. We were at stop light that an Audi-R8 stopped next to us. a young guy behind the wheel of R8 looked my friend and revved his car waiting for Green light to race. My buddy looked at me and said: I think that's the reason we young people shouldn't own these cars because if you were not here, I would race him to give him a lesson not to play with M6 LOL...
lol man, even with my 325i in the past I've had kids try to race me. I just let them pass me. I don't have time for that shit. I'm not mad, I'm just pissed that people in my age group ruin it for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 05:02 AM   #36
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Im curious how the damage was from behind like that.
Appreciate 0