M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

12-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #177
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

New Akrapovic Video-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke View Post
Here is a video from today.

Please realize I have 489 miles on the clock and breaking her in properly: so all shifts were at 4000 rpm's

Enjoy.....

12-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #178
Nate@IND
Rep

EAS Eisenmann Sport 4x102mm Install

The guys over at EAS (Eisenmann master dealer) just finished the install on a Eisenmann Sport performance with 4x102mm Round tips. The Eisenmann Sport performance offers the same DB level as stock but changes the tonality. Deep and nice sound but not intrusive in the cabin.

12-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #179
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Photo of the inside of the F10 M5 OEM BMW exhaust.
Hi Chaps,
Do you think the F10 M5 exhaust, could be modded in the same way, as the E92 exhaust was, by cutting open the rear silencers, and removing all the sound deadening, and then covering up the holes in the baffles ?. I was studying the photo of the standard silencers, and thought, the modded system, would just be like a straight through pipe in effect.Regards, SIMON.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #180
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Hi Chaps,
Do you think the F10 M5 exhaust, could be modded in the same way, as the E92 exhaust was, by cutting open the rear silencers, and removing all the sound deadening, and then covering up the holes in the baffles ?. I was studying the photo of the standard silencers, and thought, the modded system, would just be like a straight through pipe in effect.Regards, SIMON.
The M5 system is very straight threw and I don't think the tone will change dramatically by removing the rear sound deadening. I think you would get more sound change from catless downpipes.
      12-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #181
Sales@Evolve
Rep
Drives: Slow

Now this is more like it....

No covering up welds, no painting, no sand blasting.... as it is.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #182
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post

Now this is more like it....

No covering up welds, no painting, no sand blasting.... as it is.
+1

Always been a fan of Supersprints R&D and dyno testing
      12-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #183
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Forgot to say - this is a great thread Nate!

I have been looking through the videos and noticed that most of these exhausts sound like straight pipes with varying pipe diameters from my own testing.
Can you please tell us more as I am sure you have had a good look!

Certainly in the past the majority of very loud exhausts are nothing more than some straight pipes in an empty and unnecessary heavy casing.

The Akrapovic definately sounds like a silenced exhaust but with one hell of a tone and some character. Maybe not loud enough for everyone but it would be louder with CATLESS downpipes.
The quality and attention to detail is simply incredible.

Some of the welding and general construction of some exhausts seems a little poor quality for the prices being demanded and some of the casings are using some very very cheap and sub standard construction methods.

As always, Eisenmann deliver excellent quality tail pipes.

The Supersprint, from the stainless steel line up looks like a proper high end racing type developed exhaust. Having seen many exhausts and visited many factories Supersprint often lead the way in R&D and quality. Sound levels and tail pipe choice not often the best by todays standard but the latest exhaust from them for the F10 is really nice. Quite a few of the big tuners are using them for production but with their own drawings and designs. We will be one of those with our own design (not straight pipes!).

It does look like we will have a massive amount of exhausts for the F10 just like with the E92 M3 but only a few will really shine through as being the best (Eisenmann, Akra, Supersprint.....) quality.

I can see alot of people opting for the cheap route on these cars with just straight pipes. A big market for high quality tail pipes then! You can see why also as the stock BMW rear silencer doesn't exactly have much inside to start with. Half the internal pipe length is straight pipe to start with albeit quite small diameter (big enough to allow near max flow).

Look forward to seeing more info but my bet is that Akrapovic and the up coming Supersprint will be one of the best sellers.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #184
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Supersprint:

Notice how the sound changes under load suddenly. Goes from subtle deep to hard edged.

Very nice tonal balance.

I believe this will be the full exhaust inc CATLESS downpipes, will need to confirm.

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #185
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

maybe i passed it up but u didnt see rpi in the database.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #186
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
maybe i passed it up but u didnt see rpi in the database.
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=149
      12-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #187
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Yep, I had skipped a page. Thank you sir.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #188
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve
Supersprint:

Notice how the sound changes under load suddenly. Goes from subtle deep to hard edged.

Very nice tonal balance.

I believe this will be the full exhaust inc CATLESS downpipes, will need to confirm.

This sounds really really good! Want to learn more
      12-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #189
Scott_in_FL
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 Nissan GTR

It would seem that on a turbo car the size of the main tubing run (including downpipes) is critical.

What is the stock tubing diameter of the downpipes and behind?

What is the tubing diameter of these aftermarket exhausts? I see that one is 77mm, and another was 80mm. What is the size of the Akra, and the Supersprint (which technically looks like the best flowing exhaust from what I can see).
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #190
Nate@IND
Rep

Eisenmann Sport vs. Race (Thanks M5post members and EAS)

01-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #191
ROBD314
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
We just had the first Eisenmann F10 M5 Race performance level with the all new wireless valve control come in today. This system will be installed on the iND F10 M5 and photos, videos and dyno runs will be up right when the car gets in from Steven Thomas BMW. I can't wait to hear this thing

Tips are 4x102mm Round + wireless control
Any update on the Eisenmann Race with wireless valve control ? There needs to be another alternative than Meisterschaft when it comes to sound control
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #192
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBD314 View Post
Any update on the Eisenmann Race with wireless valve control ? There needs to be another alternative than Meisterschaft when it comes to sound control
The sound control on the Eisenmann did not change the tone at all. Kreissieg Japan is working on a valve system that will be out by summer. That is where the meister guys got the design from

http://kreissieg.ocnk.net/

I love this video
      01-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #193
ROBD314
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Thanks Nate. I'm just worried about the drone (if any) on the eisenman Race, the loudness is not much of a concern. With your experience driving the IND M5 with full race, what is the drone level like ? Any difference without the center pipes ? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #194
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBD314 View Post
Thanks Nate. I'm just worried about the drone (if any) on the eisenman Race, the loudness is not much of a concern. With your experience driving the IND M5 with full race, what is the drone level like ? Any difference without the center pipes ? Thanks
If you run the rear section only there is no drone at all. Also Eisenmann can build a center pipe that comes with two twin resonators. The standard center pipe that we offer does not have any resonators installed.

01-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #195
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
There is slight drone 16-1900rpm with the rear section. I love the package though and wouldn't change.
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #196
Nate@IND
Rep

Switzer Exhaust for BMW F10 M5

New system from Switzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWITZER_Media View Post
After building a dedicated following on a foundation of high-quality components and the bulletproof reliability of its mega-horsepower turbocharged Porsche, the crew at Oberlin, Ohio’s Switzer Performance expanded into Nissan’s GTR, then (more recently) into AMG Mercedes offerings. Now, the company is expanding its product offerings once again – setting its sights on yet another turbocharged German super car: the new-for-2013 BMW M5.

Switzer’s final design is a full cat-back replacement that features high-quality 304 stainless steel construction, a fine-wire finish on the canisters, and a durable “black chrome” finish on the staggered oval exhaust tips. More than just an aesthetic piece, however, the Switzer exhaust builds on BMW’s excellent M5 system with a slightly wider diameter, more efficient cross-pipe, and expanding, larger-diameter tubing to improve airflow.

“The factory BMW M5 exhaust system is one of the best in the business, in terms of flow” explains Tym Switzer, “this exhaust system won’t dramatically improve horsepower on the stock turbos. Instead, the goal with this system was to change the exhaust note of the M5. A few M5 customers have reached out to us saying ‘Why does the stereo pump sound into the car? I want the car to pump sound into the car.’, and that’s what this system was built to do. It’s louder, deeper, but still a totally acceptable volume.” Like all of Switzer’s introductory tuning products, Switzer’s new M5 exhaust was built to be scalable, so you won’t need to re-buy a new exhaust system to go to a 700, 800, or higher horsepower build down the road.

Switzer’s new BMW M5 exhaust is available now. Contact Switzer Performance for more.

01-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #197
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

wow. any sound & video clip out ?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #198
Nate@IND
Rep

Agency Power full titanium catback exhaust for the M5-
http://www.agency-power.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
We have been quiet here while still doing some more work on our Project Cars. Most recently, we took our SEMA built BMW M5 F10 out for a photoshoot here in Gilbert, Arizona. If you have not followed this Project Car here, it is well equipped. With our full Agency Power carbon fiber package including front lip, hood, rear trunk, rear diffuser, also features H&R lowering springs, SSR 3piece wheels, GruppeM cold air intake, and Velos ECU Flash. Having already tested both the Eisenmann and Meisterschaft exhaust systems, we thought we would sneak a pick of our new Agency Power full titanium catback exhaust for the M5. In total, the full exhaust including mufflers, midpipes, etc weighs only 36.4lbs! Stay tuned for more installation and video updates!

On the scale..