United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 | MKIV Supra | Aventador S

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy Rich View Post
Americans are too stupid for them.
The Carmel, Indiana experience suggests otherwise.

That said, if these Beverly Hills Hill Billies have a real issue with these arabs and their reckless driving, why not install speed bumps. I think that would put a stop to this. Ferrari can't do 100mph over a speed bump.
That's one location in a rural area, these idiots in LA can't even navigate a 6-way stop without a daily accident.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #24
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Actually you can do it. In the UK (where I am from) you get these things called mini-roundabouts which don't require additional land. Those roads are pretty wide, fitting mini-roundabouts would be no problem.
Lol just google it, cute.

I'll just stick to Rich's comment... it's annoying as is dealing with drivers who find the need to STOP in a yielding lane... I can't imagine what would happen with a roundabout.

This country is too diverse with too many different cultures, making it difficult to adapt to one general mindset.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 03:19 PM   #25
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
Quote:

That said, if these Beverly Hills Hill Billies have a real issue with these arabs and their reckless driving, why not install speed bumps. I think that would put a stop to this. Ferrari can't do 100mph over a speed bump.
Great point @stealth.pilot. Speed bumps would absolutely solve this neighborhood issue. And at little cost.

The bigger issue is the attitude that these folks feel immune to U.S. law. I'm not sure there is a solution to that issue other than expulsion.

Clearly if one googles "Saudi drifting" it becomes apparent that these folks drive recklessly in their own countries as well.

Thank god they aren't allowed to drink alcohol!
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 05:32 PM   #26
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd
Quote:
Quote:

Great point @stealth.pilot. Speed bumps would absolutely solve this neighborhood issue. And at little cost.

The bigger issue is the attitude that these folks feel immune to U.S. law. I'm not sure there is a solution to that issue other than expulsion.

Clearly if one googles "Saudi drifting" it becomes apparent that these folks drive recklessly in their own countries as well.

Thank god they aren't allowed to drink alcohol!
I think typically these Arabs dink alcohol.

They're a bunch of hypocrites. They make the motions of fundamentalists - at home they wrap their wives in black garb, donate money to al Qaeda, pray on their mats - but once abroad, they boozing, cavorting with prostitutes, taking drugs and generally acting like unbridled hedonists.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 09:49 PM   #27
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
They are Qatar Royalty. Been all over the car news lately. I'm already tired of reading about it. London has been dealing with these Middle Easterners for years, so it's a bit ridiculous when people get all offended just because they are doing it in America now. From an economic standpoint, I think it's kind of funny to see the outrage from Americans who have most likely bought Middle East oil for their cars to which that money went to Middle Easterners buying said Hypercars and bringing them here to America and driving like idiots. From a law enforcement standpoint, there is nothing much the LAPD can do anyways, they would have to prove the people who drove the cars are in fact the people who drove the cars, so diplomatic immunity wouldn't matter here anyways. What I'm sure would have outraged Americans more, as far as the "I have diplomatic immunity" thing goes, is if these Qatari's actually ran someone over or were charged with vehicle manslaughter and then claimed "Dimplomatic Immunity." That never happened though, so I don't get why some people are getting all bent out of shape over a couple of dumb dumb's driving stupid and hurting nobody but their own cars.
I get it these idiots have money and want to drive their cars recklessly but in a residential neighborhood and blowing stop signs?? Thats how people get killed. Not to mention the "fuck America" comment....i take that seriously and i would assume you do also having served in the military.
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 11:38 PM   #28
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
That's how you NOT use any car on the road. This driver is just plain daft and an asshole. Take it to the track.
Yeah I was joking lol. But besides the blatant disregard for safety, it was fun to watch a Ferrari be treated like a rental car
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 04:38 AM   #29
IshR
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
They are Qatar Royalty. Been all over the car news lately. I'm already tired of reading about it. London has been dealing with these Middle Easterners for years, so it's a bit ridiculous when people get all offended just because they are doing it in America now. From an economic standpoint, I think it's kind of funny to see the outrage from Americans who have most likely bought Middle East oil for their cars to which that money went to Middle Easterners buying said Hypercars and bringing them here to America and driving like idiots. From a law enforcement standpoint, there is nothing much the LAPD can do anyways, they would have to prove the people who drove the cars are in fact the people who drove the cars, so diplomatic immunity wouldn't matter here anyways. What I'm sure would have outraged Americans more, as far as the "I have diplomatic immunity" thing goes, is if these Qatari's actually ran someone over or were charged with vehicle manslaughter and then claimed "Dimplomatic Immunity." That never happened though, so I don't get why some people are getting all bent out of shape over a couple of dumb dumb's driving stupid and hurting nobody but their own cars.
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #30
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Report stated the owner if the Ferrari skipped town.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 08:19 PM   #31
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Report stated the owner if the Ferrari skipped town.
This is what I read regarding that...

"Local news stated that the douche bags fled the country yesterday. I also read it was due to one of the guy's getting punched in the face at a gas station in Santa Monica regarding the "Fuck America " that he said to a reporter. I guess people were threatening them with some good old American Beat downs and that there was no where to hide in the US for them."

Apparently there is no diplomatic immunity from American beat downs?
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 07:08 AM   #32
JetBee
13' M5 AW
Abu Dhabi
Rep
Drives: 13' M5 - AW

Quote:

They're a bunch of hypocrites. They make the motions of fundamentalists - at home they wrap their wives in black garb, donate money to al Qaeda, pray on their mats - but once abroad, they boozing, cavorting with prostitutes, taking drugs and generally acting like unbridled hedonists.
Why would you say such thing? it wouldn't be right judging and generalizing a whole community isn't it?

I am from the middle east and living in the US. I do not drink, do not do drugs and so forth.

It is just wrong what you said man, and should be said at the first place.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #33
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

I am of middle eastern origin but I have huge respect for the laws of this beautiful country and I love America because it stands for everything that we couldn't uphold back in our counties of origin because of corruption !!

Having said that, let's not paint with a broad brush all middle easterners to be careless or disrespectful !!

These folks were morons and I will say I wasn't surprised at all to learn they are from Qatar which is the country that is Most Noveau Riche if you will in this region and mostly uneducated and people don't know how to handle that much money but to make themselves look like jerks !! Most Qatari people have no respect for any other country in the world and BTW they have the highest income per capita of the whole world but knowing them being from the Middle East originally!! They for the most part are unambiguously uneducated arrogant people and think they are a different race or breed!! And no I am not a racist but just telling you about the who, why, how this had happened and will continue to happen unless we teach them a lesson this can't be done in USA!! And sadly I don't see anybody touching this with their pinky as of yet !!

My 2 cents

Last edited by soooma; 09-20-2015 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 04:50 PM   #34
Jackson1019
WorkHardPlayHard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB M5

I cringed when I herd that scrape ugh. Looks to me the Laf was doing about 100 mph down the street and tried to stop for the stop sign but realized he was going to skid right through it. Totally unacceptable in a neighborhood. Good thing there weren't kids playing in the street.

Nobody has mentioned the guy driving in the Laf supposedly approached one of the people filming and told him " He could have his whole family killed and get away with it".

I don't really have a problem with the burnout its just the running the stop sign. At those speeds that would of been a horrible wreck, and to do it right in front of your house??? How dumb lol

Nice Bug in the driveway also
06 Lexus LS430 white (trap car/daily)
08 E64 M6 Vert Alpine White (SOLD )
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #35
Jackson1019
WorkHardPlayHard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
The thing about the story that I found most interesting was the whole idea of diplomatic immunity.

It turns out that family of US diplomats are actually not protected under diplomatic immunity.

In other words if the US State Department wanted to prosecute these individuals for breaking the law they could.

As was pointed out earlier the fact that these were moving violations with no injury means that the penalties would be financial. And clearly financial penalties mean nothing to these people.

By the way is anyone else interested to know why that yellow car was smoking after a modest hot lap?
+1 on why the Laf was smoking after just a tad bit of hooning

I Always that Qatar was pronounced Kha-tar also
06 Lexus LS430 white (trap car/daily)
08 E64 M6 Vert Alpine White (SOLD )
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #36
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:

Although this is a massive generalization, it holds very true. I spend 50% of my time in the middle east. Mostly Dubai, but also Iraq, Qatar & Saudi. Hosted a trip with 8 Iraqi engineers to Tokyo to witness pipe production at a pipe mill earlier this year (I am in the oil business) and it was a complete sh*t show. All they wanted was a free trip, bribes, booze and hookers.

Dubai as well.... that's the "Vegas" for the entire region..... except there are about 3 times as many hookers in Dubai as compared to Vegas and it's so "in the open" its almost comical. There are certain known bars in high-end hotels that are 100% prostitution bars. What happens behind closed doors is the exact opposite of what is preached.

Obviously these statements don't apply to the entire population, but it does hold true for many.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 07:56 PM   #37
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
Although this is a massive generalization, it holds very true. I spend 50% of my time in the middle east. Mostly Dubai, but also Iraq, Qatar & Saudi. Hosted a trip with 8 Iraqi engineers to Tokyo to witness pipe production at a pipe mill earlier this year (I am in the oil business) and it was a complete sh*t show. All they wanted was a free trip, bribes, booze and hookers.

Dubai as well.... that's the "Vegas" for the entire region..... except there are about 3 times as many hookers in Dubai as compared to Vegas and it's so "in the open" its almost comical. There are certain known bars in high-end hotels that are 100% prostitution bars. What happens behind closed doors is the exact opposite of what is preached.

Obviously these statements don't apply to the entire population, but it does hold true for many.
Been to Dubi and ditto
Totally loved it as a beautiful city and was amazed at the building !! but I was a little disgusted and aghast by the prostituition scene as its not done with class but in a way that would make you cringe !!
Appreciate 0