08-30-2011, 09:46 PM   #23
benz61
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M-Powered cars

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by popiah123 View Post
Ben still has an RS5 which isn't mentioned here in the post. I'm from Singapore & have met Ben before a few times at our only karting track-our only permanent race track, actually- and he has a rather big ego.. Haha. A 458 italia here costs S$950000 (US$787000) bone stock while a 5 door 120i costs S$200000 ($165000) which is pretty scary.
Hi Popiah 123 sorry obviously you don't really know me as all my friends who knows me knows the Audi RS 5 is history . Munich Auto has sold off for me about 2 months ago. Don't understand what you mean by my big ego ? The ego I have is to see my race team win in all races other than that I rather stay low profile to enjoy the drive of my cars.
Hi Popiah 123 would be glad that you can say Hi to me at the track and when you know me better than you know I am a different person. Cheers !
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #24
benz61
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2e15 View Post
Wow.. I'm not normally a fan of black on black.. but the 1m Black on Black (Glossy Rims) looks amazing.. I can't stop staring at it!!!! NICE!!!
Hi thanks for the compliment the rims are in matt black and not in high gloss as the car is already in black my sales lady thought it would be good to have everything in matt ! Turns out really nice
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #25
benz61
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100 View Post
Can we hear from ben a bit more about the m5? I have ordered one and am only really concerned with one thing - that the sound may not be up to much...? Anyone?
Hi phish_100 I hope that I can give you the first update on the exhaust . As all cars need to pass the noise emission when the car in idling is actually very quiet but it will make a loud noise when you crank the starter almost like Lambo and after that they will quiet down. Once you rev pass the 4K rev the car does make some noise although not as loud as exotic car.Hope that will help you .
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #26
benz61
Singapore
Rep

Hi everyone thanks for the well wishes as much as I like to remain low profile it seems that is going to be difficult as I am getting a lot of enquiry about the new F10 M5. But I would like to make it clear that I am not paid by BMW or anyone to say good things about the car. I was just like everyone of you out there who has entered into the M5 program. I was shocked to know that I was selected by BMW M to test the new M5 and even before that I have already booked the M5. Is just that to me M cars are now at their best and because I have so much confidence in them that I just book the car before testing.

Like many of you out there I am a petrol head I buy the cars because I like the way they drive and not because I want to show off . It was a very tough decision to make when M power wanted to do Home Interview with me. In fact I have requested them to delete a lot of the photo they took which I think is very personal and not publish on the web. But I really did not knew that it will be posted at this forum too guess that is the power of the internet. As much as you guys want to know how the F10 drives I would gladly share the info with you all. Just put up your question and I will try to reply them as much as I can . As for those who knows me or live in Singapore please say Hi so that I can know you too. Is been a very exciting days since the video was launch and yes all the scene you saw was actual footage and not camera trick. The power slide and the launch you saw was real cause the car is very good and it can do that in the hand of a normal driver like me. M-power the most powerful letter in the world and they are not wrong
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #27
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz61 View Post
Hi everyone thanks for the well wishes as much as I like to remain low profile it seems that is going to be difficult as I am getting a lot of enquiry about the new F10 M5. But I would like to make it clear that I am not paid by BMW or anyone to say good things about the car. I was just like everyone of you out there who has entered into the M5 program. I was shocked to know that I was selected by BMW M to test the new M5 and even before that I have already booked the M5. Is just that to me M cars are now at their best and because I have so much confidence in them that I just book the car before testing.

Like many of you out there I am a petrol head I buy the cars because I like the way they drive and not because I want to show off . It was a very tough decision to make when M power wanted to do Home Interview with me. In fact I have requested them to delete a lot of the photo they took which I think is very personal and not publish on the web. But I really did not knew that it will be posted at this forum too guess that is the power of the internet. As much as you guys want to know how the F10 drives I would gladly share the info with you all. Just put up your question and I will try to reply them as much as I can . As for those who knows me or live in Singapore please say Hi so that I can know you too. Is been a very exciting days since the video was launch and yes all the scene you saw was actual footage and not camera trick. The power slide and the launch you saw was real cause the car is very good and it can do that in the hand of a normal driver like me. M-power the most powerful letter in the world and they are not wrong
Glad that you are offering your time to give us info on the M5! One question that is probably bugging most people: How is the throttle response? On par with the V10? Is the steering heavy or light? How is the DCT? And finally, how does the car sound in person?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 12:36 AM   #28
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black F10M M5

Quote:
Thanks Ben. Your array of cars is superb and I know how expensive it is in Singapore. I ordered the m5 and will receive it early jan 2012. I have had an e60 m5 in the past. At the moment, we only have a Peugeot!! I am in Singapore for the GP, so may see you then :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 02:26 AM   #29
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

I like Ben's watch!

Props Ben! your a big time baller to be able to buy cars like that in Singapore

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 04:42 AM   #30
benn.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

now thats the type of life i want to live after i graduate from college and law school
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 05:36 AM   #31
benz61
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Glad that you are offering your time to give us info on the M5! One question that is probably bugging most people: How is the throttle response? On par with the V10? Is the steering heavy or light? How is the DCT? And finally, how does the car sound in person?
Hi wisesoul to start off the M5 has 680Nm of torque of course the take off is better than the previous M5. If you see the video that was the actual launch from the car. The DCT is extremely quick like your M3 only slightly faster as for the steering feel I like it best in the sport mode all the time nicely weighted and not too nervous on high speed. The sound of the M5 to me is fine if you use it as a daily car not too noise but if you are the type that wants a lot of noise then I would suggest you change to a louder one. I have in fact suggested to them to come out with a sport exhaust for people who likes a sportier sound.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 05:39 AM   #32
benz61
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100 View Post
Thanks Ben. Your array of cars is superb and I know how expensive it is in Singapore. I ordered the m5 and will receive it early jan 2012. I have had an e60 m5 in the past. At the moment, we only have a Peugeot!! I am in Singapore for the GP, so may see you then :-)
Hi phish_100 thanks for your compliment and hope to see you in Singapore. PM me your contact maybe we meet if we have the chance. The F10 as compared to the previous model is about 20% better
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 05:41 AM   #33
benz61
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
I like Ben's watch!

Props Ben! your a big time baller to be able to buy cars like that in Singapore
Hi Eugene to be frank I came from a poor family but I work my ass out to buy all these cars. Have a goal in life and I am sure you can be better than me. Stay focus
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #34
cs4444
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi Ben,

How does the new M5 compare to say the Ferrari 458 in terms of acceleration? Also what is the handling and grip comparable to?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #35
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Hi Ben, so you're one of those 7 Lucky b*st*rds. Congrats from Holland.

Cheers
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs4444 View Post
Hi Ben,

How does the new M5 compare to say the Ferrari 458 in terms of acceleration? Also what is the handling and grip comparable to?
Very good question, I guess the 458 gives more thrills is faster in accelleration , but irl the M5 from 50-250kmh could keep up(not talking about a track offcourse)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #36
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
Kudos to him for achieving such wealth, which has been appropriately spent on a true passion.
indeed
      08-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #37
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:

+1 I know what you mean about trying to stay low key. Congrats on your accomplishments and enjoying the petrol head world. I am very impressed with BMW M's latest releases and look forward to getting back into one!
      08-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #38
DLerner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535, X164 GL550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
It seems like all the people chosen to test drive the M5 are rich.

And congrats to him for living such a nice life.
Coincidence? I think not.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #39
merchomini
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Touareg VR6

Im just glad that this guy is driving/racing his cars......nothing worse than a car that begs to be driven, locked up in a garage somewhere its whole life.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #40
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

congratulations to you Ben for both your success in business as well as the selection as an M5 PREDRIVE winner. As another winner, i want to emphasize that the winners are indeed real people and not paid in any way for our attendance or opinions or presence on the board. no tricks, no gimmicks, and real people. Ben, i will say that the m-power.com content does make it quickly here to bimmerpost... my personal opinion is that many of the posts and articles that come out here are driven by BMW AG..... note that many of the new thread posts come from the same 5-6 people... i don#t have a problem with it at all.. appears to be excellent marketing actually.. literally before i had returned home from the 1 series M event... i received a solicitation from the site here to give my opinions of the event and the car. again... excellent marketing....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #41
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black F10M M5

Ben

Do you know if there will be any changes between the car you drove and the actual finished product?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 09:27 PM   #42
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Hi Eugene to be frank I came from a poor family but I work my ass out to buy all these cars. Have a goal in life and I am sure you can be better than me. Stay focus
Don't be me wrong Ben! everything anyone gets they work for it, they are no way around it.

keep up the good job

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #43
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Great car collection, except where are the Old School cars? The new school is nice, but it's nothing like looking at a Ferrari Daytona, 250 GT, or even a Dodge Charge Daytona...all in all, I find that the Old School had cars with more character...But, I really, really, like the 1M with black rims, it looks sinister and allmost murdered out.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #44
v1p3r
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 320d M-Sport EBII

Congratulations Ben!

2014 F30 320d M-Sport, Estoril Blue II
Appreciate 0