03-13-2023, 10:30 AM   #1
jqhayden
Registered OG
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP | X6M

BM3 + JB4 Tune Help

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Looking for advice from this group. I’ve had JB4 w/BCM for couple years, on map 2, no issues. Logs were showing 22psi, and was happy with that for stage 1.

Then upgraded to catless DP’s, with full exhaust, and added BM3 tune (OTS stage 2, 93). After disabling JB4 (prior to flash), I could tell it wasn’t pulling as hard. And logs showed only about 17psi. So then decided to turn on JB4 maps, which began some over boosting issues…

With BM3 flash, noticed the following:
  • Map 2 - 28 psi
  • Map 6 - 25-26 (avg), 29 psi max
  • Map 6 - bit6 (on), FF/wastegate to 50, Future Use A to 50 (based on burger tuning suggestions) -- still max of 28 psi

Burgertuning is now suggesting even lower FF and Future Use, now down to 10.
Seems like they are just throwing things out there to get psi down.

My goal is to get PSI down to a max of 23-25 max, as I’m on stock turbos and dont want harm them or throw a rod.

BM3 with OTS map (by itself) isn’t giving me the PSI I want.

What combo of settings are you guys using with BM3 (stage 2) and JB4 (map and settings?).

I understand I can simply disable jb4, but I already have it, and want to use them both to get the desired Boost, while keeping engine safe. Also, hoping not to spend ANOTHER 1000-1800 on a custom tune to do this. Seems like I have the tools to get there just looking for some help.

Thanks in advance.
996 TT - heavily modified (sold)
e60 M5 - heavily modified (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2023, 07:44 AM   #2
mvie
Rep
Drives: E46 m3;F10 m5;F85 x5m

Sorry I dont have a solution but a suggestion would be to focus on getting your BM3 OTS Stage 2 figured out before adding the JB4.

Stage 2 should be closer to 22psi as far as I’ve seen on BM3 maps. If you’re only seeing 17 perhaps you have a boost leak? I know it seems odd given you’ve seen the 22psi when using the jb4 prior to adding backend flash. Can you try a different OTS Stage 2 map and see what the boost is (again, don’t turn the jb4 on until you figure out how to get the OTS map hitting it’s expected targets).

Did you flip the bit on JB4 for backend flash?

On my car I’m running a DME Stage 2 flash, with a JB4 on Map 6 for meth control (not using it for extra boost at this point). I consistently hit ~22-23psi (with and without the jb4 on).
Appreciate 0