M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-19-2017, 04:40 PM   #23
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Having actually known a Finn (not you Lups , this is IRL), well both husband and wife were Finnish, have to say, she was pretty fierce. Nice woman it seemed, but absolutely stubborn (though so was he in his own quiet way).
There's a large Finn community in the Yoop. They tend to be more introverted while Norwegians are more open.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 04:51 PM   #24
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
The population of Finland has increased from 4,235,423 in 1955 to 5,541,274 in 2017 & is forecast to increase to 5,655,578 by 2025
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle

Last edited by Chappers 71; 09-19-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Appreciate 1
Lups10089

09-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #25
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
The population of Finland has increased from 4,235,423 in 1955 to 5,541,274 in 2017 & is forecast to increase to 5,655,578 by 2025
I think the premise of the article is that the working-age population is stagnant/shrinking. They will need more working age people to maintain the welfare state.

This is a pretty cool website on populations:

https://www.populationpyramid.net/finland/1950/

In contrast, look at Egypt from 1950 forward...
      09-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #26
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2k6 View Post
lol what are some more examples of how antisocial it is there??

Well driving, changing a tyre, dating. I've been married for about 10-13 years, and once a month my husband and i exchange an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev312 View Post
Norwegian women are more tolerant than their Finn counterparts. Their mindset are not alike at all.
Honestly, i can't claim to be an expert on women of any country. They all freak me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Does he have hair caught in his throat?
Your guess is as good as mine. (it actually is a great song about young men and depression. It is one of mt driving favorites, since the whole point is to lift up people, yet it sounds like that. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I think the premise of the article is that the working-age population is stagnant/shrinking. They will need more working age people to maintain the welfare state.

This is a pretty cool website on populations:

https://www.populationpyramid.net/finland/1950/

In contrast, look at Egypt from 1950 forward...
It's funny how that happens with women working in high skill jobs. The free daycare and all other help given here gives the women the freedom to work. I actually don't know an other finn besides myself who has stayed home, and my excuse is that though i can't work the normal hours, i can make a living while the kids are asleep. In my defence my childhood was spent in a horrible daycare, and for me it was clear from the start that while my kids are small, they would be my only focus.

Last edited by Lups; 09-19-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #27
NickyC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Anything with bad rod bearings

Hilarious how the government wants more babies because they need "tax payers", what a revolting statement. Actually what we need are less people, and even less people dependent on government.

I'm all for less population, there are too damned many humans walking around as it is now. With the way things are in the world, I don't blame couples one bit for not wanting to bring a child into this world. Most likely they're doing that unborn child a huge favor.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #28
DETRoadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Actually, Norwegians and Finns are pretty much alike. Their men are mute too, and their women are tough as nails like ours are.

Lups, thank you. You just solved a mystery at my office. We have an intern from Finland. He's very nice but I've seen him speak maybe twice in the last month. He walks around with a kind of half smile / half zombie look on his face. I swear our Xerox copier is more social than he is. Now I know why.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #29
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Lups, thank you. You just solved a mystery at my office. We have an intern from Finland. He's very nice but I've seen him speak maybe twice in the last month. He walks around with a kind of half smile / half zombie look on his face. I swear our Xerox copier is more social than he is. Now I know why.
Our kids went to the grandparent this weekend so it was just the spouse and I. I counted the words we exchanged during the 18 hour time and the total was 16. My adopted sister came to dinner, she chatted with the kids (we do talk to kids, probably to make sure they can in an emergency open their mouths), then we made dinner together, and 21 words were exchanged.

I swear to coffee we don't do social. A finn doing Smalltalk is so funny to watch since we are taught to attempt it while in an English speaking country for example but it always looks and feels painful. You can easily test this to your intern, try making him talk about the weather without scientific facts.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2017, 01:56 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II

Quote:
Our kids went to the grandparent this weekend so it was just the spouse and I. I counted the words we exchanged during the 18 hour time and the total was 16. My adopted sister came to dinner, she chatted with the kids (we do talk to kids, probably to make sure they can in an emergency open their mouths), then we made dinner together, and 21 words were exchanged.

I swear to coffee we don't do social. A finn doing Smalltalk is so funny to watch since we are taught to attempt it while in an English speaking country for example but it always looks and feels painful. You can easily test this to your intern, try making him talk about the weather without scientific facts.
But you talk non-stop on Bimmerpost ?
Anna I don't get it...
      09-24-2017, 01:58 PM   #31
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II

Quote:
Well driving, changing a tyre, dating. I've been married for about 10-13 years, and once a month my husband and i exchange an email.

WTF ?
Attached Images

09-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #32
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
But you talk non-stop on Bimmerpost ?
Anna I don't get it...
The artificial balls... Our men are mute, we women are just horrible in other ways. I'm social here but i go to great lengths not to be around even my friends and i didn't recognize my brother when i saw him last year.

Remember the good ole days of irc? That was the best thing ever to us Finns, finally a way to be social by writing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
WTF ?
Lol, i can't remember when we got married. Who gives a shit, we didn't even have a party, just signed the paper work.

I think this post explains loud and clear why finns are going extinct. I'm not exactly making a case to keep us around either.
Appreciate 1