M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #89
HighlyMedicated
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyMedicated View Post
I was gonna say these days in the 21st century advancement of gps and computer processing everything is accurate within feet!!!

If a missle was ever shot to us over oceans our jets would scramble and try to shoot down or a brave hero will kamikaze into the ICBM.
If you think this is actually a viable option, then your username surely fits you well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
I was gonna say these days in the 21st century advancement of gps and computer processing everything is accurate within feet!!!

If a missle was ever shot to us over oceans our jets would scramble and try to shoot down or a brave hero will kamikaze into the ICBM.
If you think this is actually a viable option, then your username surely fits you well.
Its worth trying if all else fails no? Im just saying to stop a nuclear bomb and nothing else worked? Just stating a way to try all means to stop it from killing millions. Obviously the rocket is moving at a high rate but if all else fails and you were flying in a f-22 raptor you wouldn?t sacrifice or even try to save lives or are you the selfish type that only cares about himself and would watch the object fly by leaving u only one alive and regretting would more you could have done? Maybe you should medicate yourself and think outside the box instead of wasting time critiquing whats inside and whos wrong or right or what not arguing and debating over theorized issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...lear_missiles/

It says its damn near impossible but worth a try than not.
      09-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #90
Joekerr
Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:
Its worth trying if all else fails no? Im just saying to stop a nuclear bomb and nothing else worked? Just stating a way to try all means to stop it from killing millions. Obviously the rocket is moving at a high rate but if all else fails and you were flying in a f-22 raptor you wouldn?t sacrifice or even try to save lives or are you the selfish type that only cares about himself and would watch the object fly by leaving u only one alive and regretting would more you could have done? Maybe you should medicate yourself and think outside the box instead of wasting time critiquing whats inside and whos wrong or right or what not arguing and debating over theorized issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...lear_missiles/

It says its damn near impossible but worth a try than not.
Viable (adjective): capable of working successfully; feasible.

I stand by my original statement. Not viable.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2017, 12:13 AM   #91
HighlyMedicated
First Lieutenant
Rep

It says its near impossible im just saying to try and kamikaze not that you have to or even possibly hit them but if you don?t try you never know. On other news sites it says usa?s defense against icdm isn?t the best and if the north were to shoot an icbm and reach our shores, which it can?t yet, then we are shit out of luck. Try anything !
      09-22-2017, 12:21 AM   #92
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Basically China and Russia are supporting Kim Jong-un behind the scenes with money, fuel, tech etc as they don't want US sitting inside North Korea border... right next to China and Russia.

If they backed off supporting him then he's a big zero.. this really isn't about NK.. its about US vs China/Russia.. Trump is too thick in the head to see that though.. he's being played puppet by Putin and Xi..

WW3 is a matter of when not if.. and when it starts, we're all (all around world) are fucked... Read about WW2... millions dead... WW3 .. will be the end of the planet.
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #93
HighlyMedicated
First Lieutenant
Rep

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/eas...h-korea-crisis

China has been more and more against the kim regime and only being neutral to keep the trade between the two nations alive but also threatening to stop oil and coal trade if needed to further prove that china is not part of the norths war like plan and wants to solve the tension peacefully, since they are neighboring countries and the collateral damage would be substantial. It did state that the communist party will intervene if us and the south go after kim but that is more they need to so that war doesn't eventually hit chinas land. If china was supporting the north they wouldn't be at the UN meetings trying to disarm mr kim. Article states that china leader xi has been going away slowly from the norths support where as previous leaders such as mao were,word for word, close as lips to teeth. On the other hand Putin and kim are like cocks and balls but russia always wants a some action, nothing new since the cold war era supposedly ended and even then no one was invaded.

Hopefully everything works out without a world war because in this world economy today, not only are more nations armed than ever before but they are also more economically stable reducing the need to rise up, plus they don't even have their own countries doing the best they can, so how can they expect to take over any more nations and assume to be better off? WW2 nations were not as linked as it is today nor were they as knowledgable towards the idea that business economics can take over a country more effectively than thru war and force. Went to war with iraq yet oil price are still high and rising and a nation is in democratic turmoil and confusion about being westernized, so in essence desert storm was a failure. Sadam was taken out, but navy seals could do that job without having making the area worse. Without the war millions of barrels wouldn't have been burnt or lost but could have been more production instead of chaos and loss.

Ego and power hungry men will be the factor to which a world war starts but it won't be a world war just a serbian war lol. Putin is one nasty son of a bitch but he is only taking back nations close to them or have been previously, and not blindly attacking nations just cause he can. Hes loving his life, sochi cost 80 billion to make but putin and friends pocketed 60 or more billion for themselves. Why would they want a war and potentially lose it all, they living the king life lol. Kim is a fuck face cock smoker for using his starving people and nuclear threats to get handouts because its the easier route and he spent all the nations money on some military that can't go thru oceans or on his very extravagant life style of cruising the world in a yacht and buying any thing he wants anytime. Someone snipe his ass and let it begin the unification of korea begin helping all nations gain by the amount natural and human resources to stimulate the worlds economy! Politis and religion can be debated either way forever just shoot his ass or blow him up like a firework in the movie interview!
      09-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #94
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Illegal is not in the eye of the beholder unless one ascribes to the actions of most tinpot dictators.

Illegal tech transfers take place in many forms. Hughes and Loral in the 90's engaged in illegal tech transfer which has resulted in the Chinese, as well as their surrogates, the DPRK to field the missile technology which they currently sport.

I'm certain you're familiar with the Cox Report. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...rt_controversy
Illegal is in the eye of the beholder.. from the US governments POV its their laws
its still might makes right
look at how many times our country has gone its own way unilaterally or with the Brits in tow
our government uses the UN as support when and if they can bribe enough support (okay okay foreign "aide")
and when it cant it conducts itself unilaterally

As far as missile defense.. the challenges of such a feat akin to a bullet hitting bullet has not been proven to me at all.. one "bullet" gets through and we lose the grid or millions of lives.. better to be peace-loving peoples than beliigerent fools following the wardrums of a lieing goevrnment and MSM

As far as NK supposedly being left out in the cold by China/Russia.. wishful thinking and suckers listening to the MSM again
They are trying to convince/lieto the world population as to further alienate NK even from its only supporters
Well let me tell you despite what MSM tells you or even what is supposedly release via communist propoganda.. China will back NK
Because if it doesnt, there will be a beachhead for ops right next to Manchuria and Vladivostok which China and Russia neither want..

Eyes wide open
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 10:13 AM   #95
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Illegal is in the eye of the beholder.. from the US governments POV its their laws
its still might makes right
look at how many times our country has gone its own way unilaterally or with the Brits in tow
our government uses the UN as support when and if they can bribe enough support (okay okay foreign "aide")
and when it cant it conducts itself unilaterally

As far as missile defense.. the challenges of such a feat akin to a bullet hitting bullet has not been proven to me at all.. one "bullet" gets through and we lose the grid or millions of lives.. better to be peace-loving peoples than beliigerent fools following the wardrums of a lieing goevrnment and MSM

As far as NK supposedly being left out in the cold by China/Russia.. wishful thinking and suckers listening to the MSM again
They are trying to convince/lieto the world population as to further alienate NK even from its only supporters
Well let me tell you despite what MSM tells you or even what is supposedly release via communist propoganda.. China will back NK
Because if it doesnt, there will be a beachhead for ops right next to Manchuria and Vladivostok which China and Russia neither want..

Eyes wide open
I am continually amazed to read some of the things I do on BP OT. There is such a thing as absolutely legal. This thing of, "Legal is in the eye of the beholder", is one of the most BS statements I have read in my entire life. Further, you stating the position of the US as, "Might makes Right" is completely divorced from reality. There has never in the history of the world of a country that has shown more restraint relative to their full military capabilities than the US since WWII. Are we perfect, nope...but please don't tell anyone that we are a Might Makes Right nation.

On to your assessment of the military capabilities of an ABM system. Are you a defense expert? Are you/do you serve in any capacity in the military? Are you in R and D in weapons research? If so, I'd be happy to accept that Otherwise, I's enjoin you to read the post I made with regard to the success of the THAAD system.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #96
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II

The fat boy also the rocket man is butt hurt !

09-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #97
Real Dodger
I'd rather be driving right now
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The fat boy also the rocket man is butt hurt !

Kim really just needs to have his symbols on the wall behind him and on the flag to be the 2 hammers from the movie "Pink Floyd The Wall".
Attached Images

09-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #98
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3 / CB E70 X5M

Full text of Kim Jong Un's actual response:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/w...-un-trump.html

Well, this is about to get VERRRRRRRRRRY interesting. Do you think Trump's tactic is to push him over the edge so the US has a reason to bomb?
SOLD: 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #99
nyalpine90
CAPPO
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X4

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
Full text of Kim Jong Un's actual response:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/w...-un-trump.html

Well, this is about to get VERRRRRRRRRRY interesting. Do you think Trump's tactic is to push him over the edge so the US has a reason to bomb?
launching missiles over another country is not provoking enough?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #100
seedyrom
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M240i, 73 2002, 74 2002tii

There’s not a lot of options to test an ICBM without going over a country. Splashdown into the Pacific is the safest place.
They wouldn’t be stupid enough to launch over Russia.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 12:41 PM   #101
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
Belgium
Rep

Attached Images

09-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #102
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I am continually amazed to read some of the things I do on BP OT. There is such a thing as absolutely legal. This thing of, "Legal is in the eye of the beholder", is one of the most BS statements I have read in my entire life. Further, you stating the position of the US as, "Might makes Right" is completely divorced from reality. There has never in the history of the world of a country that has shown more restraint relative to their full military capabilities than the US since WWII. Are we perfect, nope...but please don't tell anyone that we are a Might Makes Right nation.

On to your assessment of the military capabilities of an ABM system. Are you a defense expert? Are you/do you serve in any capacity in the military? Are you in R and D in weapons research? If so, I'd be happy to accept that Otherwise, I's enjoin you to read the post I made with regard to the success of the THAAD system.

Cheers-mk
Its only BS because you have one-sided thought
no country has been at conflict since WW2 more than ours
no country comes close to spending on military budget as ours (not even the next 5 combined)
no country has as many bases offshore as ours
... on and on

As far as assessment of our ABM capabilities
it is not battle-tested
the effectiveness of such a weapon has to be 100%
and if in battle if 99 are shot down and only one comes through (damn good effectiveness) and lands in your hometown well you aint posting anymore and likely nether are many of the rest of us
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #103
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Its only BS because you have one-sided thought
no country has been at conflict since WW2 more than ours
no country comes close to spending on military budget as ours (not even the next 5 combined)
no country has as many bases offshore as ours
... on and on

As far as assessment of our ABM capabilities
it is not battle-tested
the effectiveness of such a weapon has to be 100%
and if in battle if 99 are shot down and only one comes through (damn good effectiveness) and lands in your hometown well you aint posting anymore and likely nether are many of the rest of us
It's BS because it's BS.

You haven't answered any of my questions based on the situation with DPRK. I will go back to this statement: In a situation with a country such as Russia or China, I agree that ABM in its current form (terrestrially based) isn't an effective tool. Russia or China can shower us with missiles and overwhelm any terrestrially based system. Against a nation like DPRK, it is a very effective deterrent. They can't shower us with missiles.

I'm going to leave this here: No weapon is 100% effective.

That this is your standard for deployment would leave us defenseless in the face of a world who's history until the Great American Experiment, was that of the boot of a few on the necks of the many. There has been no country that has done more good for more people than the USA. Period. End of story. For anyone to say anything else is just delusional.

Enjoy your day.
Cheers-mk
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #104
insanecoder
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's BS because it's BS.

You haven't answered any of my questions based on the situation with DPRK. I will go back to this statement: In a situation with a country such as Russia or China, I agree that ABM in its current form (terrestrially based) isn't an effective tool. Russia or China can shower us with missiles and overwhelm any terrestrially based system. Against a nation like DPRK, it is a very effective deterrent. They can't shower us with missiles.

I'm going to leave this here: No weapon is 100% effective.

That this is your standard for deployment would leave us defenseless in the face of a world who's history until the Great American Experiment, was that of the boot of a few on the necks of the many. There has been no country that has done more good for more people than the USA. Period. End of story. For anyone to say anything else is just delusional.

Enjoy your day.
Cheers-mk
its not BS .. just because you dont want it to be true doesnt make it BS

As far as NK I said as before sure it may be effective now but NK will overcome that over time.. a window exists now if business needs to be taken care of..but have no delusion that they are not working to overcome any ABM capability.. theyre intelligent enough to have developed a nuke.. now you dress them up as dumb-asps w/o knowledge of our ABM systems

yes thats right no weapons system is 100% effective and ABM needs to be.. anotherword.. spell it out for you.. IT IS NOT VIABLE.. lets stop pretending it is giving you false confidence to thump your chest then get all of us into a heap o trouble noone wants.. who teh fck gives a shit about the Korean peninsula.. let them work out their own issues stop butting into other peoples problems.. worse picking fights where none needs to be

FOUNDING FATHERS:
no foreign entanglements!

Cheers from George Washington
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #105
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
its not BS .. just because you dont want it to be true doesnt make it BS

As far as NK I said as before sure it may be effective now but NK will overcome that over time.. a window exists now if business needs to be taken care of..but have no delusion that they are not working to overcome any ABM capability.. theyre intelligent enough to have developed a nuke.. now you dress them up as dumb-asps w/o knowledge of our ABM systems

yes thats right no weapons system is 100% effective and ABM needs to be.. anotherword.. spell it out for you.. IT IS NOT VIABLE.. lets stop pretending it is giving you false confidence to thump your chest then get all of us into a heap o trouble noone wants.. who teh fck gives a shit about the Korean peninsula.. let them work out their own issues stop butting into other peoples problems.. worse picking fights where none needs to be

FOUNDING FATHERS:
no foreign entanglements!

Cheers from George Washington
I actually believe in freedom for all people regardless of where they happen to live. So I actually give a fck about people around the world.

Further...continue to ignore the data I presented on the testing of the THAAD. I know data interferes with your narrative but hey...to each his own.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #106
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
In the latest round of now comical tit for tat exchanges Mr Kim has called Mr Donald a 'mentally deranged US dotard' who has 'denied & insulted me & my country in front of the eyes of the world' Kim is now saying NK will 'test' a H bomb over the pacific.
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #107
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
In the latest round of now comical tit for tat exchanges Mr Kim has called Mr Donald a 'mentally deranged US dotard' who has 'denied & insulted me & my country in front of the eyes of the world' Kim is now saying NK will 'test' a H bomb over the pacific.
Look how romantic the fat boy is...
Attached Images

09-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #108
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Look how romantic the fat boy is...
I love the smell of rocket fuel in the morning

Speaking of rocket fuel, I recorded a episode of mythbusters last night where they make rocket fuel from gummy bears. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I'm looking forward to see if it works.
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #109
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
You know it's bad when half of the English speaking population visited Merriam Webster today.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #110
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
The funniest thing is Mr Kim was a big supporter of Mr Donald during his election campaign, maybe this is all smoke & mirrors cooked up between them to divert attention from 'other matters'
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
Appreciate 0