M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-21-2017, 03:35 AM   #45
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post
Don't know why people are so hell bent on judging an individual by who they decide to marry. It is their relationship and their personal life. This is one of those things where if everyone minded their own business the world would be a much better place.
Let me guess, you already screwed your way through all the women of our west coast so now you have time to comment on Bp again?

Don't miss the thread about birthrates here, that's an epic place to tell what our customs did to you.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 03:51 AM   #46
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Xdrive coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Let me guess, you already screwed your way through all the women of our west coast so now you have time to comment on Bp again?

Don't miss the thread about birthrates here, that's an epic place to tell what our customs did to you.

My "playboy" days are over. I now have a Finn who will chop my balls for even asking another girl for directions. I usually get the "kuka hän on!?" from her....scary shit

As for customs in Finland....they took away almost $100 worth of condoms...they just took them out of my bag. I am still debating giving them a call and asking them if I can get my fucking condoms back.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 04:02 AM   #47
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post
My "playboy" days are over. I now have a Finn who will chop my balls for even asking another girl for directions. I usually get the "kuka hän on!?" from her....scary shit

As for customs in Finland....they took away almost $100 worth of condoms...they just took them out of my bag. I am still debating giving them a call and asking them if I can get my fucking condoms back.
Ye a h, i was wondering about that too, but bbbmw answered it for us both!

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1423571

I'm sorry, but this girl you found sounds nuts. I've tried to figure out if i know anyone in turku that fulfills your only requirements (a pulse, a pussy) but apparently i don't.

Now, go get someone pregnant so i can steal the baby.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #48
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I'll defer to you on the religious side of things, given that I'm far from church-going. Not my expertise. But it does seem strange to me that two people having a religious ceremony in a church, in front of God, swearing an oath to him and to each other to be together forever, would not be looked down upon for breaking that commitment.
You seem to misunderstand the opposition to homosexual lifestyle. As a Christian, I don't look down on gay people simply 'because they have the gay'. The Bible instructs us to love people - gay, straight, black, white, doesn't matter. The rub comes from what it means to love someone. Again, as a Christian, to me "love" =/= "affirm you in whatever you want to do and tell you it's ok".

The same way it wouldn't be loving for a parent to feed their child cake for dinner every night (even though the child may want that), we aren't loving our fellow man by telling them that they can do whatever they want and God will accept them anyways. We love people by wanting the best for them. We do that by encouraging them to repent and follow God.

So, what does it mean to 'repent'? To confess and turn away from. It's not just a statement you make one time like "Yup, I'm a sinner" - it's a lifestyle change. In the case of the homosexual lifestyle, there is no repentance; the person in question isn't turning away from their sin (or even trying to). To be clear, there is a difference between lacking repentance and being repentant but failing in that effort.

Divorce in and of itself isn't considered a sin, but taking another wife after a divorce is considered adultery (and that is a sin)... but once the second union is created, the sin is completed. One can repent of that sin, then choose not to divorce his second wife and marry a third.

I believe God is a God of many chances. He understands and accepts us in our failures. What he doesn't accept is our defiance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster
At the end of the day, I just don't see any irreparable harm coming from affording gay couples the same right to enter into a state recognized contract of marriage, just like the rest of us can. Just my 2 cents. Others can disagree if they like.
From a political perspective, I agree with you. I don't believe it's reasonable for me to impose legislation on society at large based on religion. However, I'd rather see the .gov get out of the marriage business entirely.
      09-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #49
Joekerr
Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post

Divorce in and of itself isn't considered a sin, but taking another wife after a divorce is considered adultery (and that is a sin)... but once the second union is created, the sin is completed. One can repent of that sin, then choose not to divorce his second wife and marry a third.
I read and re-read the bold. But I'm not sure I understand, especially about marrying the third?

In my view, and I acknowledge I could be wrong, I don't see divorce as a sin, but that if you make the choice to be divorced, then you should not remarry UNLESS, you choose to get a divorce for a Biblically approved reason (being really only the other's marital unfaithfulness) as I recall. Then you could remarry and it would not be a sin.

On the other hand, if it was not your choice to get divorced (ie. you became saved through your marriage, but were married to someone who wasn't, and that someone decided they could no longer live with you, but you were willing to live with them and wanted to), then I believe you are again free to remarry and it would not be a sin?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #50
DETRoadster
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
You seem to misunderstand the opposition to homosexual lifestyle. As a Christian, I don't look down on gay people simply 'because they have the gay'. The Bible instructs us to love people - gay, straight, black, white, doesn't matter. The rub comes from what it means to love someone. Again, as a Christian, to me "love" =/= "affirm you in whatever you want to do and tell you it's ok".

The same way it wouldn't be loving for a parent to feed their child cake for dinner every night (even though the child may want that), we aren't loving our fellow man by telling them that they can do whatever they want and God will accept them anyways. We love people by wanting the best for them. We do that by encouraging them to repent and follow God.

So, what does it mean to 'repent'? To confess and turn away from. It's not just a statement you make one time like "Yup, I'm a sinner" - it's a lifestyle change. In the case of the homosexual lifestyle, there is no repentance; the person in question isn't turning away from their sin (or even trying to). To be clear, there is a difference between lacking repentance and being repentant but failing in that effort.

I believe God is a God of many chances. He understands and accepts us in our failures. What he doesn't accept is our defiance.

From a political perspective, I agree with you. I don't believe it's reasonable for me to impose legislation on society at large based on religion. However, I'd rather see the .gov get out of the marriage business entirely.
As always, thank you for your thoughtful, informative, and respectful post. I may not always agree with you but I always learn something from your posts. People like you who can constructively contribute without finger pointing and name calling are the reason I slog through the juvenile garbage and keep coming back here.

The nuance of loving the person without loving/approving/sanctioning/or agreeing with their actions is certainly not lost on me. Unfortunately, past life experiences have made me bitter and cynical towards religion. I tend to focus on the hypocrisy of people who wave the flag of religion when it suits them and conveniently throw all morals in the trash when it doesn't. That's my shortcoming and I need to work on that.

If, as a Christian, you believe that gays who act upon their attraction to the same sex are committing a sin, that's 100% within your right. You can choose the church that supports your beliefs. That church should not be compelled by law to perform gay marriage ceremonies any more than a Jewish synagogue should be compelled by law to serve pork and shellfish at a luncheon. I'm still free to go about my merry way eating bacon and feeling that gay couples are doing nothing wrong.

Now while you can choose your church to suit your beliefs, you cant exactly choose you nationality. You're stuck here just like I am. I think we likely both agree that legislating morality is a tricky subject as we have clearly established that viewpoints of what is moral and what is not vary widely. That's precisely why I think this sort of question should be put to a vote. Let citizens like you and me weigh in where that line of morality is.

I'm curious where you stand on the topic of being gay in general. Choice or not? My position: Nature (or God, depending upon your belief structure) made you gay. It's a biological/physiological occurrence. You cant "choose" how you feel. The only choice in the matter is whether you act upon those feelings. Of course, I have no issues with people acting upon those feelings and dont see a moral issue with that, though I do recognize that's counter to many religious beliefs.
Appreciate 1
fravel1120

09-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #51
Joekerr
Joe King
Rep

Quote:

I'm curious where you stand on the topic of being gay in general. Choice or not? My position: Nature (or God, depending upon your belief structure) made you gay. It's a biological/physiological occurrence. You cant "choose" how you feel. The only choice in the matter is whether you act upon those feelings. Of course, I have no issues with people acting upon those feelings and dont see a moral issue with that, though I do recognize that's counter to many religious beliefs.
If you don't mind me jumping in to provide my thoughts as well, please read on (otherwise, don't ).

It is an interesting question you ask, and one I've wondered about for a while. While I agree with your point that it is definitely a choice whether you act on these feelings and I think this is a very important point, and one I've raised myself before, the question of whether you are "born that way" or "choose to be that way" is an interesting one.

For me, I am definitely attracted to women, physically and emotionally. And I don't feel that way about men. Why? I don't know - I can't tell you why I'm physically attracted to women and not men. Which would sort of suggest a "born that way" argument. That being said, I recall in my childhood not being attracted to women. Nor men either. It just wasn't even a consideration point. But ultimately I grew attracted to women - but was that a result of social conditioning which I felt that this was the way to be? Or was it something in my genes? I'm not sure really, but the fact that we aren't really attracted to anyone at first (or at least in my case) and then over time become attracted to a particular sex, seems to possibly suggest a Choice, rather than "born that way".

Ultimately though, I haven't seen anything that suggests we are born one way or another via genetic proof, and so absent that, I tend to lean more to the side that it is likely a choice.

Though ultimately, whether you are born that way or whether it is a choice pales much in comparison to what I see as really important, and that is that we all have a CHOICE to indulge in sin, or not.

That's my two cents, for what it's worth. Since that's Canadian, that's about 1 cent American.
Appreciate 2
      09-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #52
CTinline-six
Winning
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 Jeep XJ, 2006 BMW 325xi

I don't have any problems with other people's sexual orientation. I do have a problem with how we, as a society, handle it.

I recently went to a training seminar where there were all sorts of people from different professions. In one group we went around the table and introduced ourselves stating what our title was. IT director....CEO....technician...doctor...nurse.... .physical therapist....GAY nurse.

This person literally identified themselves as being a GAY nurse. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, but sexual orientation does not define your professional career. I just find it ironic that much of the movement is striving to communicate that sexual orientation does not define someone, when in fact they WANT to be identified as being that specific orientation. I didn't state that I was a straight IT director, just an IT director.
      09-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #53
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I read and re-read the bold. But I'm not sure I understand, especially about marrying the third?
I was trying to make a comparison between someone being divorced and re-married vs. living a homosexual lifestyle. I don't think the person who is divorced and re-married is continually defying God by staying in that second marriage as opposed to the gay person who acknowledges that homosexuality is a sin yet continues to live that lifestyle day-in and day-out.

The bit about 'marrying a third' was alluding to someone who is a serial divorcee, jumping from one marriage to the next. Perhaps the number is more than 3, but regardless, I see that person as being no different than the homosexual regarding lack of repentance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr
In my view, and I acknowledge I could be wrong, I don't see divorce as a sin, but that if you make the choice to be divorced, then you should not remarry UNLESS, you choose to get a divorce for a Biblically approved reason (being really only the other's marital unfaithfulness) as I recall. Then you could remarry and it would not be a sin.

On the other hand, if it was not your choice to get divorced (ie. you became saved through your marriage, but were married to someone who wasn't, and that someone decided they could no longer live with you, but you were willing to live with them and wanted to), then I believe you are again free to remarry and it would not be a sin?
I think you're correct, but again the problem is not the divorce, the problem is the adultery. I mean, even if you've never been married but you marry a divorced woman the Bible says you are guilty of adultery.

It seems like an impossible standard, to be sure - but that's just the point. The whole point of the Biblical laws is to demonstrate that none of us is capable of living our entire lives in a perfect way that would be pleasing enough to God to warrant our admission into Heaven. Once you've committed one sin you've committed all of them. It doesn't matter how you sin, sin is sin and it separates us from God. That's why we need Jesus, it's why the Gospels are called "The Good News". Despite all our flaws and failures, we have a chance to be reconciled.

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not sure - a younger me would have said choice, but as I've matured I lean more toward the 'nature' side. Yet, I have a close friend that did quite literally choose to be gay for a time. In his youth he was constantly bullied, picked-on and told by the more masculine members of his social circles that he was gay - so he started to believe it. For a time he lived a full-blown homosexual lifestyle. He hadn't always been attracted to men (and I'm not sure if he was ever truly attracted to them) but he was conditioned to believe that that was who he is. He has since given that up and is dating a woman. Does that make him bi? I don't know.

I've settled on the conclusion that it doesn't really matter. Nature or nurture, the Bible is clear that engaging in homosexuality is a sin (same as engaging in heterosexuality outside of marriage). Like you pointed out, there's a difference between being attracted to someone of the same sex and actively engaging in sexual relations with someone of the same sex. If the answer is nature, I view that as being their cross to bear. We all have (at least) one. Celibacy isn't a death sentence and there's more to life than sex.

Last edited by fravel; 09-21-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Appreciate 3
      09-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #54
Joekerr
Joe King
Rep

Quote:
I was trying to make a comparison between someone being divorced and re-married vs. living a homosexual lifestyle. I don't think the person who is divorced and re-married is continually defying God by staying in that second marriage as opposed to the gay person who acknowledges that homosexuality is a sin yet continues to live that lifestyle day-in and day-out.

The bit about 'marrying a third' was alluding to someone who is a serial divorcee, jumping from one marriage to the next. Perhaps the number is more than 3, but regardless, I see that person as being no different than the homosexual regarding lack of repentance..
Ok, I get it, I was confused, but I understand now.

Quote:
I think you're correct, but again the problem is not the divorce, the problem is the adultery. I mean, even if you've never been married but you marry a divorced woman the Bible says you are guilty of adultery.

It seems like an impossible standard, to be sure - but that's just the point. The whole point of the Biblical laws is to demonstrate that none of us is capable of living our entire lives in a perfect way that would be pleasing enough to God to warrant our admission into Heaven. Once you've committed one sin you've committed all of them. It doesn't matter how you sin, sin is sin and it separates us from God. That's why we need Jesus, it's why the Gospels are called "The Good News". Despite all our flaws and failures, we have a chance to be reconciled.
I do recall reading the bolded. That being said, I think it has to be interpreted by other passages of the Bible. Matthew 19:9 for example says "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.” So then, this seems to me that the Bible is saying that one who divorces because of sexual immorality on behalf of the other (not their own), is actually NOT committing adultery by marrying another.

Though I do agree in general with you - we can never meet the standards in the Bible so that none of us can say we saved ourselves or via works - only by grace alone.
Appreciate 2
      09-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #55
Lups
Rep

Quote:
. Celibacy isn't a death sentence and there's more to life than sex.
Objection!

I object!

You are wrong!

Dude you're clueless!

Use it or lose it!

A penis without use is a crime against humanity!

Scientific studies state living without sex makes the study specimen cranky and horrible!!

Weeping vagina syndrome could be a real disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All we need is sex!!

A bed broken per year is good for the economy!

An ugly face and bad personality are the only reasons to be banned from the intercourse club!

All you need is sex, sex is all you need!

Hiding the sausage should be played at recess, work places should have extended lunches for some sausage games!

Sex is a right!

I'll update this post later when i come up with more important sentences that in no way at all reflect on my own sex life.

I'd totally bang my milf neighbor at this point.
Appreciate 2
Wah2097

09-21-2017, 12:06 PM   #56
Joekerr
Joe King
Rep

Quote:
Objection!

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-21-2017, 12:15 PM   #57
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Hot as fuck, well aged Pamela Anderson when pammie was 40 with better tits.
What's an extra vagina between friends?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #58
jmg
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlaatan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmQuattro View Post
For those outside of Australia, we are having a non-binding, non-compulsory postal survey at the moment.
It's to see if the general public are in favour of or against same sex marriage.

I didn't even know that it wasn't legal until it made it to the media.

Personally, I couldn't really care too much if gay people want to live together in a legally binding committed relationship.

I know that the US passed the vote a couple of years ago.

I think that it's all a massive beat up - how really does it change the lives and well being of gay people ? There's only a couple of legal rights that a non-married gay person doesn't automatically have; all of which could be passed as law, without spending $122 Million.

My view is that marriage is a term which should be used for a union between one man and one woman.

Why can't we have a new term to define a union between two people who are the same sex and want to live in the same kind of relationship?
What would change if we used a different word for it?
You would be diminishing their relationship to be less recognized than the traditional word of marriage. Separate but equal didn't really work out for the blacks either.
Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #59
Lups
Rep

I just did a mini survey:

15 of my friends out of fifteen agree with me! We need more sex, hot, scorching sex! And they would also fuck the milf, but not me which didn't raise my spirits.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #60
Joekerr
Joe King
Rep

Quote:
Hot as fuck, well aged Pamela Anderson when pammie was 40 with better tits.
What's an extra vagina between friends?
Ok, apparently I stand corrected.

Quote:
I just did a mini survey:

15 of my friends out of fifteen agree with me! We need more sex, hot, scorching sex! And they would also fuck the milf, but not me which didn't raise my spirits.
Sigh, yes, perhaps that was the result of the survey, BUT, and it's an important but - given almost all your friends are self-admittedly male, I'm guessing 15 out of the 15 respondents were male. And so with respect to the milf, you're still the only one batting for the same team.

And I'd conclude that they are true friends then - they're not out to screw you over, so you could totally leave your precious milk in their care.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 01:10 PM   #61
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Ok, apparently I stand corrected.

Sigh, yes, perhaps that was the result of the survey, BUT, and it's an important but - given almost all your friends are self-admittedly male, I'm guessing 15 out of the 15 respondents were male. And so with respect to the milf, you're still the only one batting for the same team.

And I'd conclude that they are true friends then - they're not out to screw you over, so you could totally leave your precious milk in their care.
They've emptied my fridge so often i know for a fact they hate me!

They just haven't reached my level of desperation, plus i kind of think you can be attracted to a bean bag if it pushes some of your buttons right. I could easily go for a butch who'd sweep me off my feet with her greasy hands and sexy ass crack. A little nip, lick suck and swallow, the mechanics are pretty much the same!

And for the record, i hate my friends. They made fun of me for my mild meltdown answer to fravel.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #62
gatorfast
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

If you actually ask any gay person whether they chose to be gay or not they will likely tell you that it was no more a choice than the one you made to be heterosexual.

Last edited by gatorfast; 09-21-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Appreciate 2
      09-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #63
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Get government out of marriage completely.
This. I want the government to recognize my paper commitment to my wife as a civil union. What i call our relationship and each other is up to us. The gov should view us as civil partners. Just my $.02.

This would end the unnecessarily expensive and time consuming debate.

Though, then the gov would have to come up with something else to distract the populace while they continue shenanigans in the shadows.
      09-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #64
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
This. I want the government to recognize my paper commitment to my wife as a civil union. What i call our relationship and each other is up to us. The gov should view us as civil partners. Just my $.02.

This would end the unnecessarily expensive and time consuming debate.

Though, then the gov would have to come up with something else to distract the populace while they continue shenanigans in the shadows.
This.

Any officiant would be working in an "officer/agent-of-the-courts" capacity and if there is a religious component attached to it, it would be up to the persons presenting themselves to become "hitched" to manage that portion.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #65
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Objection!

I'll update this post later when i come up with more important sentences that in no way at all reflect on my own sex life.

Seems to me like your husband is being derelict in his duties.

I think you'd be happy to know that in your situation, the Bible agrees with you. 1 Corinthians 7:3
      09-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #66
Joekerr
Joe King
Rep

Quote:
Seems to me like your husband is being derelict in his duties.

I think you'd be happy to know that in your situation, the Bible agrees with you. 1 Corinthians 7:3
Hey - I'm trying to get her to go just once or twice to a church in Finland. Let's not overwhelm her!

She to her credit has said she will go. Right Lups?
Appreciate 0