M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-07-2017, 09:59 PM   #67
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Think about this a second. The ?investigation? has continued for months, led by a very pro-Democrat team. There still isn?t a shred of evidence of collusion- if there was, you can be positive that the team would have leaked something to fan the flames.

Still crickets.
Wait, their findings have been released? Where can I read them?
No - but as I said, if they had found anything it would have been leaked by now.
      10-07-2017, 10:05 PM   #68
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Trump is so horrible that the economy is roaring - which was voters #2 issue for government).

He has a 49% approval rating in the latest polls, despite 95% negative coverage from the media.

If he will just build that damn wall, he will address national security - which is peoples #1 issue...
So in previous threads when I've mentioned good economies under democratic presidents you've said over and over how the Dem president was simply benefiting from the good work done by the previous republican administrations. Now that the economy is doing well so far this year under Trump, do you give the credit to Obama or does that only work one way? Because I find it quite ironic that you have poo poo'd the good economies of the past (when a Dem was in office) but are now touting Trump's economy. So which is it?

And what the fuck does building the wall have to do with national security? Haven't seen many radical Mexican extremists running around... please tell me what threat to our national security that wall is going to fix?.
https://fairus.org/issue/illegal-imm...illegal-aliens

And 30+% of California prison inmates are illegals...

The economy rocketed when Trump took office, and hasn?t slowed down - it took Obama years to accomplish the little he did. The slowest GDP growth of any president.
      10-07-2017, 10:44 PM   #69
1932blownhemi
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i JB4, DP's, CAI

[quote=JIMT8292;22275119]Are you now secretly a bit embarrassed?

Not at all... The only one's who should be embarrassed are folks who voted for Bernie or Hillary! Stock Markets Up! Unemployment Down! All economic indicators are better! Working on getting rid of all Obama's restrictive regulations. Now we just need to get the wall built, close our borders, undo Obamacare & get tax reform passed! And it'd be great if he'd push prosecuting Hillary, Obama, Lynch & Holder. Investigate Fast & Furious, the IRS Scandal, Benghazi & so on. Sorry liberal's, whether you like it or not. He IS your president! MAGA!
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #70
Mr Carrots
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240ix - VR DP & JB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Please explain how liberal policies are the most damaging thing to this republic.
Liberal or Democrat?

There's nothing in todays Identity politics pandering, warmongering nanny state, corporatist mainstream D party that appeals to me as a classic liberal.

When I see people conflate those terms I assume they have been asleep since 2005 and haven't realized how much the world has moved on. GWB isn't in the WH, theres no easily understood good and bad team paradigm for John Stewart to reassure you that you're on the Right Side Of History.

Bill Clinton was a racist, sexist facist by the standards of todays democrat base who are happy take corporate loads to the face and murder brown people by the thousands just so long as no Wrongthink happens and no offensive words are used. I'd rather vote for a known, flawed evil than throw in with the post structuralists and the totalitarians looking to cut away the constitution.

As for OP and the other sneering euros, as an immigrant myself I'm cringing at your misplaced superiority coming from a lack of basic understanding of how this country works
Appreciate 4
      10-08-2017, 12:31 AM   #71
3rdcoast228i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMT8292 View Post
Are you now secretly a bit embarrassed?

Surely you recognise that he is seen as a dangerous joke worldwide and people all around the world are staggered that a man like him could be voted in to such a position.

Funny how the invite of a state visit to the UK faded away as it would have been a huge embararrasment to the Queen having to meet him and London would have filled with crowds protesting at him getting the highest honour.
Your post is in response to what? It sounds like you are implying something but purposely being vague.

Create a thread to stir the pot and walk away? Build up some hate?

Wish people didn't have so much hate in their heart. I've never seen so much hate being spewed. Loving one another despite differences and working on compromises is the only way good things happen. Where does all this hate come from? And why are people letting them selfs be consumed by who is now president that you can't change until the next election?

It's gotten to the point some people want the whole country to fail just to point at trump and say I told you so.

Gee everything doesn't have to be doom and gloom 24/7
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 07:33 AM   #72
1932blownhemi
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i JB4, DP's, CAI

[quote=3rdcoast228i;22280132]Your post is in response to what? It sounds like you are implying something but purposely being vague.

Create a thread to stir the pot and walk away? Build up some hate?

Lol, yeah really! Stirs the pot & disappears! I guess he thought everyone would agree with him? Or he's out driving his BMW? After all, our cars are fun to drive!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 08:08 AM   #73
Efthreeoh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 & Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
People keep saying this and it's really quite insulting. As if everyone who dislikes Trump is so stupid that they form their opinions only by what the media spoon feeds them. I get 100% of my news from Drudge and my opinion of Trump has been formed solely based on the things he says, does and types himself. No media necessary. You'd be surprised how many people like me who dislike the potus can actually think for themselves. I understand that it helps a certain type rationalize things by assuming the opposition are just mindless sheep, but it is pretty insulting.

That being said, the people on the left who hate Trump so much only have the Democrats to blame. Had they put up any other candidate the election was theirs. But no, they chose the only political figure in this country more hated than Donald Trump. You reap what you sow.
I think Trump came at a time when the American voting public decided they didn't want a politician of any brand in the White House. Trump's anti-establishment platform resonated well with the voting public. And as things have played out so far, the voting public's sentiment is proven to be spot on. The Republicans didn't pass repeal of Obamacare out of spite over Trump; it'll be the same for tax reform as well.

I agree with you that HRC was just an awful pick (she lost last time to a nobody - Obama), but Sanders was just as much as a joke. The Dems couldn't have put up anymore two establishment politicians. The middle voters didn't want a politician this time; I still think that is a significant point going forward. In reality Trump was the 3rd Party candidate (there were 3 to choose from) that took over a dysfunctional Republican party. I call the new Party the Trumplicans.

The establishment politicians (regardless of Party) and the establishment media are in bed with each other, and both are against Trump; it's obvious to see. If the Ruskies played any role in the 2016 election, it's only because the establishment media and politicians have failed us, the American citizen.

What I liked about this last election was the transformation of the Republican Party. With Trump and Fiorina in the mix, there is some light at the end of the tunnel that we'll get back to politicians that who actually give a shit about Americans and America and not their own self interests. Follow-on elections at the Congressional level shows that the anti-establishment sentiment in the voting public is still alive despite the 95% anti-Trump reporting in the media.

That said, Trump has run with what he brung, but he needs to suppress the Queens-speak and say the same things in a less abrasive way. At this point, I'm still on board, and happy to be a Trumplican. But to be on the record, I was a Fiorina supporter, but voted for Cruz since Carly dropped out by the time we got around to vote in the primaries. I went for Cruz because I thought he had a better chance against Clinton (with Carly out of the picture). I wish it had been Fiorina vs. Clinton, so as to take the vagina element out of the the election. Wouldn't it be interesting to read Hillary's book had she lost to another woman?
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 10-08-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 08:24 AM   #74
Efthreeoh
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Liberal or Democrat?

There's nothing in todays Identity politics pandering, warmongering nanny state, corporatist mainstream D party that appeals to me as a classic liberal.

When I see people conflate those terms I assume they have been asleep since 2005 and haven't realized how much the world has moved on. GWB isn't in the WH, theres no easily understood good and bad team paradigm for John Stewart to reassure you that you're on the Right Side Of History.

Bill Clinton was a racist, sexist facist by the standards of todays democrat base who are happy take corporate loads to the face and murder brown people by the thousands just so long as no Wrongthink happens and no offensive words are used. I'd rather vote for a known, flawed evil than throw in with the post structuralists and the totalitarians looking to cut away the constitution.

As for OP and the other sneering euros, as an immigrant myself I'm cringing at your misplaced superiority coming from a lack of basic understanding of how this country works
Beautifully said. Well done.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #75
Violator
Living the dream
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5 35i w/MPPK, MPE and RCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Exactly!
Emberassed, absolutely not. Living and traveling in Europe over the past 4 years basically drove me to vote for Mr. Trump. I was (still am) so sick and tired of hearing negative comments and hate towards him during the campaign, it was an easy vote to cast.
No one cares what you all think or feel about our candidates/POTUS or our Bill of Rights.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2017, 01:52 PM   #76
Real Dodger
I'd rather be driving right now
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Too bad he really didn't call anyone a moron, least President Trump. Get some real news.
I have found those who call the msm "fake news" tend to be the ones not doing critical thinking. Especially Mr. Trump.
      10-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #77
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
I have found those who call the msm "fake news" tend to be the ones not doing critical thinking. Especially Mr. Trump.
Did you read the latest beauty? Corker (i cant believe autocorrect fixed this one too)vs Trump and i bet this fight never happened when Monday comes.

Last edited by Lups; 10-08-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #78
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'01 Dinan Z3 3.0

Garage List
Quote:
I have found that those who take what the msm puts out as gospel are the ones that can't think for themselves.
President, Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915 www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 4
      10-08-2017, 02:28 PM   #79
Real Dodger
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
I have found that those who take what the msm puts out as gospel are the ones that can't think for themselves.
So, Bob Corker should be on this thread. He was an early supporter of Trump, and has now earned Trump's typical thanks for loyalty too Trump (much like our AG). I was impressed by a talking head Trump supporter on CNN about 2 weeks ago who summed it all up correctly. "Trump supporters watch FOX, the liberals watch MSNBC, and the independents watch CNN".
      10-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #80
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So, Bob Corker should be on this thread. He was an early supporter of Trump, and has now earned Trump's typical thanks for loyalty too Trump (much like our AG). I was impressed by a talking head Trump supporter on CNN about 2 weeks ago who summed it all up correctly. "Trump supporters watch FOX, the liberals watch MSNBC, and the independents watch CNN".
What you just posted makes absolutely no sense as a response to what I said.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #81
Real Dodger
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What you just posted makes absolutely no sense as a response to what I said.
Second part, about FOX, MSNBC & CNN. I would draw a line to it for you if I could.
      10-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #82
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Second part, about FOX, MSNBC & CNN. I would draw a line to it for you if I could.
Those are merely three networks.

From Wikipedia
"A 2012 Gallup poll found that Americans' distrust in the mainstream media was higher than it had ever been, with 60% saying they had little or no trust in the mass media to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly. Distrust had increased since the previous few years, when Americans were already more negative about the media than they had been before 2004. Throughout 2016, Google and Facebook had been targeted to disperse a substantial amount of fake news, with the aim, it was claimed, of confusing Americans about various topics. Following the victory of Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election and during the campaign, Americans who supported Hillary Clinton were especially enraged about the noticeable amount of fake news about the election on the two websites. It was said that Facebook has been targeted in order to sway the American people with a particular agenda during the electoral cycle, although the chief executive of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg stated that "Facebook did not have a role in the recent presidential campaign". It was also reported that the insurmountable number of "fake news" posts about the election had increased the number of Americans distrusting the media.

My post said that I believe that those that take what the msm feeds them as gospel, don't think on their own. How does your post refute that?
Appreciate 2
      10-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #83
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
They actually aren't fake news. They are more rightly called, "propagandized news", as they deftly cloak a small fact with disinformation to create a narrative. I typically find those who believe the msm to be that animal, reputedly characterized by Lenin..."Useful Idiots".

From Wikipedia...

In her book, Useful Idiots, author Mona Charen wrote about Lenin's attributed use of the phrase. She commented, "Lenin is widely credited with the prediction that liberals and other weak-minded souls in the West could be relied upon to be 'useful idiots' as far as the Soviet Union was concerned. "Charen commented on the veracity of Lenin's reported usage of the phrase, "Though Lenin may never have actually uttered the phrase, it was consistent with his cynical style. And ... liberals managed, time after time during the Cold War, to live down to this sour prediction."Author Michael Prell wrote in his book Underdogma, "The term Useful Idiot is largely attributed to Vladimir Lenin, who reportedly used it to describe Soviet sympathizers among the ranks of Western media and intellectual elites."

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #84
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Those are merely three networks.

From Wikipedia
"A 2012 Gallup poll found that Americans' distrust in the mainstream media was higher than it had ever been, with 60% saying they had little or no trust in the mass media to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly. Distrust had increased since the previous few years, when Americans were already more negative about the media than they had been before 2004. Throughout 2016, Google and Facebook had been targeted to disperse a substantial amount of fake news, with the aim, it was claimed, of confusing Americans about various topics. Following the victory of Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election and during the campaign, Americans who supported Hillary Clinton were especially enraged about the noticeable amount of fake news about the election on the two websites. It was said that Facebook has been targeted in order to sway the American people with a particular agenda during the electoral cycle, although the chief executive of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg stated that "Facebook did not have a role in the recent presidential campaign". It was also reported that the insurmountable number of "fake news" posts about the election had increased the number of Americans distrusting the media.

My post said that I believe that those that take what the msm feeds them as gospel, don't think on their own. How does your post refute that?
Further, the complete miss of all, save one, polling organizations to even come close to the actual election results provided a measurable gap between the echo chamber of the MSM vs the objective realities of actually living in America.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #85
MKSixer
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
He's wrong and shows his own bias about this subject. More liberals watch CNN than any other network. Far Left-wingers watch MSNBC. Independents typically read the WSJ, The Economist, and similar.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #86
Efthreeoh
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
On hidden camera, CNN admitted that the Russian collusion story was being pursued with CNN knowing there was no fact-based reason to do so, because they saw it as a ratings booster.

CNN's Donna Brazile admitted to providing questions to Hillary Clinton prior to CNN-sponsored events. This was only found out after e-mails surfaced indicating the behavior existed.

MSMBC just last week fabricated the story about Tillerson calling Trump a moron, then doubled down and said their source actually called Pres. Trump a F__king moron. The story has been completely refuted by the people at the meeting where the language purportedly was said.

The MSM media has failed numerous times to pursue any stories relevant to the Clinton's pay-to-play cash machine AKA Clinton Foundation. Had this been a Republican at the head of the State Department and such shenanigans were going on, it would be front page/lead story news until such time the Republican perpetrator resigned.

The MSM barely made any notice of former President Bill Clinton meeting with the O'Bama Administration Attorney General privately on her airplane in the middle of the tarmac just days before the Director of the FBI laid out the numerous violations of Federal code that HRC broke with her private e-mail service and transmission of classified data across it. What came out of it was Dir. Comey was unfit for office (well until President Trump rightly fired him).

These are just the four (4) instances I can think of off the top of my head. So, your assertion that those of us who call CNN fake news lack critical thinking is completely without merit. The opposite is true. Orwellian to say the least...
Appreciate 2
      10-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #87
Efthreeoh
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Further, the complete miss of all, save one, polling organizations to even come close to the actual election results provided a measurable gap between the echo chamber of the MSM vs the objective realities of actually living in America.
I believe the LA Times called it correctly...
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #88
Efthreeoh
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Make sure you use different color Crayons so SakhirM4 can laugh at you (and me too).
Appreciate 3