M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #67
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Ah, regardless, as someone already stated, it was an attack on the US Military base at Pearl Harbor, not on the US per se, for strategic purposes. If England had a Navy base at Pearl, the Emperor of Japan would have attacked England's base in the same manner.
As corrected to the post above, it was us territory by then already. This matters only now because of Guam, but with that one bigger guns are the main issue again than those one would assume the second amendment covered.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #68
david in germany
Captain
Rep
Drives: 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlaatan View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there are most likely hundreds of more logical reasons as to why no one has ever tried to invade the US.

If a country was stupid enough to try it, they wouldn't start with a land based attack anyway.
Yep, in the 1800s they would launch the air attacks. capabilities are different now than they were in the past.

Now, disrupt communications, take out the satalites, logistics, attack with icbms and then aircraft. Then if they got that far, land forces. But they would still need to contend with the 300mil armed civilians.

I can't remember which founding father said it but
" a nation that is safe will never feel secure, a nation that is secure will never feel safe"
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #69
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
Yep, in the 1800s they would launch the air attacks. capabilities are different now than they were in the past.

Now, disrupt communications, take out the satalites, logistics, attack with icbms and then aircraft. Then if they got that far, land forces. But they would still need to contend with the 300mil armed civilians.

" a nation that is safe will never feel secure, a nation that is secure will never feel safe"
Let's be realistic, a power grid down for a week would mean chaos and people shooting people in most countries with heavy gun numbers. I can't think of an exception besides Finland, but we weird fuckers spend all our free time in the woods in tiny cabins fishing to get food and complaining about how they don't do axes as good as they used to.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 10:04 AM   #70
chetrickerman
Evo Pro Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Attached Images

10-08-2017, 11:07 AM   #71
david in germany
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Let's be realistic, a power grid down for a week would mean chaos and people shooting people in most countries with heavy gun numbers. I can't think of an exception besides Finland, but we weird fuckers spend all our free time in the woods in tiny cabins fishing to get food and complaining about how they don't do axes as good as they used to.
Did the power out in Texas (Texas, much guns, very armed[insert doggo face here]) after the hurricane this last month cause that? Nope, armed societies are generally peaceful societies. (with the exception of a couple of psychopaths)
by the way, I like Fins.

AND I like guns. ( I have 5 within my reach as I type)
Appreciate 2
Lups10081

10-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #72
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Did the power out in Texas (Texas, much guns, very armed[insert doggo face here]) after the hurricane this last month cause that? Nope, armed societies are generally peaceful societies. (with the exception of a couple of psychopaths)
by the way, I like Fins.
Didn't federal government send in a ton of troops?

In a hurricane, you all knew the reason, but an other government doing an attack against the basic infrastructure country wide would be different. Even an army as big as yours would have serious trouble containing the panic and panic while armed could be filled with holes. if this happened over July here, we would hear about it in august.

The finns are freaks, but thanks for your kind words. Seriously, there is something wrong with us all.

Btw, i don't actually mind guns. I liked to shoot when i was young.

Last edited by Lups; 10-08-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2017, 01:23 PM   #73
Zlaatan
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

Quote:

Who said anything about the 1800's? Your previous post reads as if the 2A is the reason no country has ever tried to invade the US.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #74
david in germany
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlaatan View Post
Who said anything about the 1800's? Your previous post reads as if the 2A is the reason no country has ever tried to invade the US.
The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms and was adopted on December 15, 1791

That is all.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #75
david in germany
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Didn't federal government send in a ton of troops?

In a hurricane, you all knew the reason, but an other government doing an attack against the basic infrastructure country wide would be different. Even an army as big as yours would have serious trouble containing the panic and panic while armed could be filled with holes. if this happened over July, we would gear about it in august.

The finns are freaks, but thanks for your kind words. Seriously, there is something wrong with us all.

Btw, i don't actually mind guns. I liked to shoot when i was young.
Yes, the National Guard to provide humanitarian assistance, not as an armed force. It would take congressional approval to send a US "Armed" force within the US borders.

Nothing wrong at all with being a bit freaky.
Appreciate 1
Lups10081

10-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #76
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the National Guard to provide humanitarian assistance, not as an armed force. It would take congressional approval to send a US "Armed" force within the US borders.

Sorry for the typos. I can't see them before some dork quotes me (fucking dyslexia!)!

It is a completely different story in a wider scale. For example national guard, how many would show up instead of concentrating on protecting their own families? With power down, hospitals would suck resources fast, in a week without time to prepare and stock up, how many would get hungry on day three? You have guns, but can you imagine new Yorkers or Californians managing without resources for 2 days? In the country side for sure, Texas would be fine too for some time, but in a week things like money loses it's power since you can't eat it.

If you can get in the grid, why not making it even worse and throw in a nuclear power and a core melting down?

We once spent a night with my idiot friends thinking how Sweden could take down Europe the fastest. I'm just listing those now, but one of my friends actually said he would be fine since he has guns if the most basic infrastructure went down. I know, we have the wildest parties...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #77
are0lies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Quote:

I would like to ask for your view. We know that the 2nd amendment states "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state..." Many compare the militia to the National Guard, which is controlled by the "free state." If this "free state" goes rogue, who then becomes the militia? I am not trying to challenge you, I'm just asking for your view. My view is that this is why I do not see the Guard as the militia, because it is controlled by the government.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 04:10 PM   #78
david in germany
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
I would like to ask for your view. We know that the 2nd amendment states "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state..." Many compare the militia to the National Guard, which is controlled by the "free state." If this "free state" goes rogue, who then becomes the militia? I am not trying to challenge you, I'm just asking for your view. My view is that this is why I do not see the Guard as the militia, because it is controlled by the government.
From what I believe, the constitution allows for 3 separate parties to be armed without infringement. 1. The people. 2. A well regulated militia. And 3. Government controlled military.

So I agree, the guard does not fit the term militia. As it is government lead and controlled. A militia is a pure civilian armed force that can act in time of need, trained, armed, and prepared but not government controlled.
You might ask why I think the guard is different than militia? Because the constitution specifically forbids the army form doing certain things (taking civilian lodgings ect.) If the founding fathers had intended militias to be the same they would have forbid the militias instead of army.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #79
david in germany
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sorry for the typos. I can't see them before some dork quotes me (fucking dyslexia!)!

It is a completely different story in a wider scale. For example national guard, how many would show up instead of concentrating on protecting their own families? With power down, hospitals would suck resources fast, in a week without time to prepare and stock up, how many would get hungry on day three? You have guns, but can you imagine new Yorkers or Californians managing without resources for 2 days? In the country side for sure, Texas would be fine too for some time, but in a week things like money loses it's power since you can't eat it.

If you can get in the grid, why not making it even worse and throw in a nuclear power and a core melting down?

We once spent a night with my idiot friends thinking how Sweden could take down Europe the fastest. I'm just listing those now, but one of my friends actually said he would be fine since he has guns if the most basic infrastructure went down. I know, we have the wildest parties...
National guard guys operate based on orders. Go to point A. That then go. As for them not doing as ordered.. If they don't, there will have serious issues. I agree, big city without logistics = real bad. Califonia.. I spent too much time there as a soldier.. Let them fall into chaos. ( just kidding.. or am I?)
As for me, I have a water purifier that will do about 55k gallons, food stored, silver for trading and lead for really high speed trading. I will be ok for a few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 04:32 PM   #80
Lups
Rep

Quote:
National guard guys operate based on orders. Go to point A. That then go. As for them not doing as ordered.. If they don't, there will have serious issues. I agree, big city without logistics = real bad. Califonia.. I spent too much time there as a soldier.. Let them fall into chaos. ( just kidding.. or am I?)
As for me, I have a water purifier that will do about 55k gallons, food stored, silver for trading and lead for really high speed trading. I will be ok for a few weeks.
How serious would the issues be if you can't reach them, and they have their own families to shelter? Many would leave on the first day, not so many on the second, nobody on the third day of panic since they too have families. You can also picture how fast this could get bad, and not with you alone, us too here in Europe. I'm not exactly willing to trust our infrastructure either.

I can fish (seriously!!! I can!!!!!) hunt, cook, camp, i know herbs and basic medical skills and i can build a shelter that can withhold Finnish winter with a knife or an axe in six hours or less. All those skills would be useless if i wasn't very far away from civilization when i would need those skills since every other person would come and crash my party.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #81
david in germany
Captain
Rep

Quote:
How serious would the issues be if you can't reach them, and they have their own families to shelter? Many would leave on the first day, not so many on the second, nobody on the third day of panic since they too have families. You can also picture how fast this could get bad, and not with you alone, us too here in Europe. I'm not exactly willing to trust our infrastructure either.

I can fish (seriously!!! I can!!!!!) hunt, cook, camp, i know herbs and basic medical skills and i can build a shelter that can withhold Finnish winter with a knife or an axe in six hours or less. All those skills would be useless if i wasn't very far away from civilization when i would need those skills since every other person would come and crash my party.
Those guys in Texas had to do just that, called to duty and had to answer. Same in Puerto Rico. If they did not report, possible jail time.

By the way, if the shit hits the fan, I am grabbing up my gear and wife and we are linking up with you. I can hunt and fish, swing an axe and first aid ect (I grew up on the water and woods in Florida plus my military time and training).
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 04:54 PM   #82
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Those guys in Texas had to do just that, called to duty and had to answer. Same in Puerto Rico. If they did not report, possible jail time.

By the way, if the shit hits the fan, I am grabbing up my gear and wife and we are linking up with you. I can hunt and fish, swing an axe and first aid ect (I grew up on the water and woods in Florida plus my military time and training).
Yeah, but how to reach them if all power grid, including tele communications are down? On day one, yes, on day two maybe, on day three would you leave your wife to defend herself? And Texas is a big place. A big fucking place. What flooded was a tiny part of if and now we are imagining the whole country going under a failure of a massive scale.

Cool, you can join us. I too have the military thing down, and my dogs have skills too, my husband has patience and a working brain, so when ever i fuck up, he can save our arses.

I do have to apologize for our kids. They can pick berries and hunt and fish, but while doing those, they ask a lot of questions. Train your wife to answer everything from god to zombies, from a bombs to h bombs, and how a fight between an M3 and a dinosaur would go. You can just sleep in a tree, I'll do the heavy lifting but gimme a break from my weird kids! And btw, let's meet up in Wyoming or something. Finland is too rough, fla too warm.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2017, 05:03 PM   #83
david in germany
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, but how to reach them if all power grid, including tele communications are down? On day one, yes, on day two maybe, on day three would you leave your wife to defend herself? And Texas is a big place. A big fucking place. What flooded was a tiny part of if and now we are imagining the whole country going under a failure of a massive scale.

Cool, you can join us. I too have the military thing down, and my dogs have skills too, my husband has patience and a working brain, so when ever i fuck up, he can save our arses.

I do have to apologize for our kids. They can pick berries and hunt and fish, but while doing those, they ask a lot of questions. Train your wife to answer everything from god to zombies, from a bombs to h bombs, and how a fight between an M3 and a dinosaur would go. You can just sleep in a tree, I'll do the heavy lifting but gimme a break from my weird kids! And btw, let's meet up in Wyoming or something. Finland is too rough, fla too warm.
Dogs and kids, my wife is defiantly in!

As for answering the call when the grid crashes.. Thank goodness it is no longer my problem lol.
As for a place, we can find a boat and then a nice island. They are easier to defend.
Appreciate 1
Lups10081

10-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #84
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Dogs and kids, my wife is defiantly in!

As for answering the call when the grid crashes.. Thank goodness it is no longer my problem lol.
As for a place, we can find a boat and then a nice island. They are easier to defend.
Defiantly in, that means she will kill us both, definitely.

On an island, there would be a limited amount of gaim. Honestly, I'd go for a creek, a hill, a high placed settlement but near by something bambi would eat.

Salt water would also make shell collecting opportunities (juniper berries, a kettle, a few of salt plants and you have a sauce to go with your wild herb dish served with bambi!) better. I'd go for a river flood banks with a high ground surrounding, an island is easy to defend but easy to die on too.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #85
david in germany
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Defiantly in, that means she will kill us both, definitely.

On an island, there would be a limited amount of gaim. Honestly, I'd go for a creek, a hill, a high placed settlement but near by something bambi would eat.

Salt water would also make shell collecting opportunities (juniper berries, a kettle, a few of salt plants and you have a sauce to go with your wild herb dish served with bambi!) better. I'd go for a river flood banks with a high ground surrounding, an island is easy to defend but easy to die on too.
Really big island, with lakes, deer, pigs and chickens.. I like chickens!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #86
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Really big island, with lakes, deer, pigs and chickens.. I like chickens!
Well then you'll love this thread i kicked up to make men of this forum realize what just happened. Again, my friends and i are boring people, and we all have had our expire by date by now so it's not like birth control is needed for for realz

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1428441

A big island leaves you only on defence, no other options. I still think an inland location. Would work for us better!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #87
jmg
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEV217342 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
If republicans were smart they would be the first ones to propose a ban on bump stocks.
The moment you start down this road (i.e. it's the guns' fault) you open the door for the gun grabbers. They will then want semi-autos banned; then anything over 5 in a magazine will be bannedand so on and so on.

The moment the "fault" is removed from the individual and placed on the subject (guns in this case) lawful, sane minded gun owners will be infringed upon in a way like you have never seen. Mark my words on this.
Agreed. It?s a false sense of security when we start banning guns. People think that it?s the solution and things like this won?t happen again, but they would be wrong.
Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR F30 328i Sport Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 08:08 PM   #88
tracer bullet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i - AW w/ TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Do you live in a state that borders Mexico?
Nope but we do have a crap ton of immigrants.

I wonder if you'll provide a source for the otherwise rubbish claim that illegals commit more crimes, or that you have bands of them roaming your neighborhood looking to hurt you?
Appreciate 1
jmg2492