M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-09-2017, 11:25 PM   #111
tracer bullet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i - AW w/ TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
DOJ 2017 report has the latest numbers

185,530*Total Federal Inmates as of October

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/pursu...rated-aliens-0

So 22,541 are definitely illegal

13,886 and the 5,101 are also probably illegal, or possibly are legal but being deported for their crimes

This is where the numbers are fuzzy and are prone to be manipulated by both sides.

As an immigrant myself I knew I could be deported for all kinds of reasons, so didn't do anything that would jeopardize my incredibly hard to earn Green Card - but then I didn't have Ted Kennedy or Obama give me one for free as a sympathy prize so I put a little more value on it than some of these fine young men apparently do.
So it's 22% in the federal system. Cool. The GOA report linked earlier said 27%, as I also cited, but maybe it's even less.

It still looks to be 5% or so overall, for aliens of any kind, these 185,530 being less than 10% of the total prison population, in the rest of which the alien status is far, far lower because this isn't where you go for immigration crimes.

Last edited by tracer bullet; 10-09-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #112
bbbbmw
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Whatever you think about the stats, given the numbers you post at the federal level only - the government is clearly failing to keep the citizens safe.

The 2nd amendment is more important now, than ever before.
"Federal level only" has no meaning here, it's 10% of the total and is higher because of the nature of the fed system detaining illegals for immigration issues. If anything it's counter to your actual argument. I'm sure you're not a bot, and I'm sure you're not dumb, but for some reason you think this somehow supports your argument and it's baffling.

I see your next link in the hill doubling, tripling, or maybe now quadrupling down on the whole scary immigrant thing. The Hill = I'm done, I can see where you get your news and shape your opinions. Perhaps, I don't know, maybe you see your 30% illegals in CA prisons is wrong, and if you can acknowledge that you might rethink the rest you read from these sources is wrong as well. But then again maybe not. C'est la vie.

We'll agree to disagree.
Statistics can often be debated. But I think you?re missing the original point; by allowing any of this, much less at the scale of crimes by illegals, the government is abdicating (or worse) it?s primary job - keeping us safe. Americans now have to do the job the Feds won?t - and we need guns to do it.
      10-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #113
tracer bullet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i - AW w/ TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Statistics can often be debated. But I think you?re missing the original point; by allowing any of this, much less at the scale of crimes by illegals, the government is abdicating (or worse) it?s primary job - keeping us safe. Americans now have to do the job the Feds won?t - and we need guns to do it.
Statistics can indeed be debated, ad nauseam. But you'd think when DOJ and GOA info is debated against Heritage or The Hill, the former would be taken as correct. Apparently the latter wins for some folks.
Appreciate 0