09-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #23
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Oooohhhh! That is sweet. btw..EVERYONE should use http://www.vintagedetailsupplies.com

The guy who sells this stuff actually makes it. He is one of those "rare" craftsmen that you find here and there in life. He has been a professional detailer for 25 years and currently runs the entire detailing operation on the ground floor of Ferrari of Atlanta. I have owned many cars n the past and have had many details and paint corrections performed but never anything like from this guy. I took my E60 (by a very fortunate introduction I was able to do this) to him first and when I picked it up (already being a very clean car) I almost didn't even recognize it. He works on the cars under intense close lighting and picks up every tiny flaw. Utterly amazing!

Anyway, I bought a complete suite of products from him and was blown away that I actually ENJOY waxing my cars now. His wax is kept in the refrigerator and has a cinnamon smell to it-just very cool! You apply it with a pad on a 2x2 section, immediately wipe it over quickly and smoothly with a microfiber to smooth it out and then immediately follow with a quick buff with another microfiber. No waiting for anything to dry. No difficulty in removing-nothing. And the protection is CRAZY! I am telling you guys there is truly nothing like what he makes on the market. I HATE buffing wax off my cars and being a sweaty mess and all that "work" that goes into detailing. This guy's stuff actually made it fun again. You are done in no time and your car looks ridiculous. I have been meaning to post this as a resource for all of us for a while.

On top of it all he is about the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Mike

P.S. For the F10 (and just about everything else) his "Vintage Inner Wheel Cleaning Tool" is a MUST. He hand makes these using lambs wool (synthetic) like you would see on a really fine cloth and you can get to all those spots in your wheels, spokes, brake calipers, barrels, etc. in a few quick swipes. I know I sound like I am nuts about all of this and I am. Truly a "Raving Fan" of this stuff. I will never buy anything else for my car. I use it on even my clear bra and every painted surface. No white residue left around trim and emblems either. You'll get finished and go "wow! that was way too easy!". :-) A fresh coat of his wax was the first thing my 991 got her first night in the garage. :-)

I'm SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #24
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments. It's getting a better response on here than on the M6 section!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Not bad for an "inferior product."
Well, except this chap

I know, I know.....I'll just have to slum it in my slightly quicker and marginally more dynamic model. It's tough, but I'll get over it

Only joking before I make an enemy of all you M5 guys....there are times I wish I bought an M5, like when I think about the £15k premium I paid for what is essentially the same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Hi Mate, the car looks fab, its a much richer blue than the MCB, but both great colours. Did you do the detailing yourself ?. Regards, SIMON.
Thanks mate and yes, all done myself to get it looking like that. Took most of the weekend and I even took the wheels off to seal the wheels and callipers properly - that wasn't easy because the ceramics don't leave any clearance and you cannot even clip them with the wheel during the process!

I dod have a detailer coat it in the PLE22 before I collected it but didn't much like the result (it was left very sticky), tried it again and got similar poor results myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyc View Post
looks fantastic as per usual!

Regards leather - dr leather are about to release leather shield which will prevent dye transfer, ordered some for my m5 silverstone interior. Contact Darryl on DW (saw your post earlier )
Thanks mate - is that you over on DW recommending Dr Leather? Does the product smell? If not, I will give it a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Freshly detailed San Marino looks stunning

Nice contrast with Royal Mail red

Have you used/considering using GTechniq C1+ with EXO (can be used on paint, wheels, glass, plastics)?

Alternatively, Modesta glass coating is the best sealant I've experienced to date (paint, wheels, exhaust tips). Needs care on application as I've heard once it's cured, it's very hard to remove it.
I've used C1 and Exo before - not really impressed with either to be honest. Maybe I'm just not one for a glass coat as I don't think they give much benefit (either in finish or beading ability) to a good old waxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savela View Post
Curious, what is it you don't like about the 22ple? I guess I'm easier to imoress, looks great! Maybe its the wax though...
The finish can leave marks unless the surface is 100% clear (which I thought it was!) so it's far from easy to use. The sticky finish afterwards is at odds with what you expect after the effort it takes to apply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Very nice. I also like that you got the Comfort seats. Much better than the M Sport Seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan View Post
Here in the US we don't have a choice of seats on the M6, what's the difference in the comfort seats vs. the sport seats?
OK, these seats are the standard seats available in Europe. The multi-funciton seats that the US market gets as standard are optional over here.

The pro's of these standard seats is they really do look as fantastic in real life as they do in the pictures, whereas the optional multi-funtion seats look very ordinary.

The cons are that they are quite basic seats for a top of the range M car - theres no side bolster adjustment and the headrest and under thigh adjustment is manual. As a result of the lack of bolster adjustment, they don't support you as tightly as they could do.

I deliberated long and hard about whether to go for form over function and decided that, as the standard seats were still perfectly comfortable, I would go for them on the basis that they look so damn good!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #25
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments. It's getting a better response on here than on the M6 section!!

Nothing but Hay Bales and crickets in the M6 section.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #26
scoobyc
Scotland
Rep
Drives: LCI F10 M5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
Thanks mate - is that you over on DW recommending Dr Leather? Does the product smell? If not, I will give it a try
I'm scoobyc on dw too but must be someone else recommending it too Their wipes/cleaner do smell but in a "real leather" way and it's proportional to how much of it you use. So if you're like me and don't like any strong smells just use it sparingly. The defender hasn't arrived home yet but should be here by the end of the week and I'll give you an update as soon as I use it.

edit - just read dw, imho don't use the gliptone someone suggested, I've tried it on a couple of cars including my old E63 M6 and I've always been disappointed, dr leather is miles ahead and if you don't want to protect the leather the wipes are ideal for a 2 minute clean every little while.

Last edited by scoobyc; 09-26-2013 at 03:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #27
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toy

Garage List
looks amazing. perfect build.
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0