Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #23
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

The Answer to the Question that was never asked

You get a white piece of silk fabric (I like silk here) about 3' x 2' and on it you silk screen in huge black letters.
FUCK OFF
You affix it to the bottom of the rear window sunshade and at the top while its deployed (up).
Your default position is to have the sunshade down. When and only when you have passed the offending person, do you employ your message for them to remember you by. All by the push of a button accessable without really taking your eyes off the road.
You heard it here first.
      12-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #24
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin4now View Post
You get a white piece of silk fabric (I like silk here) about 3' x 2' and on it you silk screen in huge black letters.
FUCK OFF
You affix it to the bottom of the rear window sunshade and at the top while its deployed (up).
Your default position is to have the sunshade down. When and only when you have passed the offending person, do you employ your message for them to remember you by. All by the push of a button accessable without really taking your eyes off the road.
You heard it here first.
Show us the pics of this.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #25
Nathane91
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV
What I do with people like that is I make eye contact with and give them a big THUMBS DOWN
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #26
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Show us the pics of this.
Well it would be a photoshop and I dont really have the time right now.
Cant you just imagine it in your head?
      12-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
BC87
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 M5

I have not had any normal car try to block me in this way. However, an 18 wheeler tried to slow me down one day...would even swerve into my lane each time I attempted to pass. Eventually I said **** it and went pass him. Got the truck number and reported him. I admit that I speed however it is not his job to enforce the speed limit.
      12-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #28
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
I was going down the interstate at 85mph in a 65mph limit area and a woman in a minivan felt it was necessary to move into the left lane to block me. She was so passionate about ensuring I observe the speed limit that she got her panties in a bunch and she used her minivan laden with her own children as a human shield to enforce the speed limit.

Should we be observing the speed limits?
And you are asking this on an M5 discussion forum?
      12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #29
RKJ10
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 Space Grey

I also can't stand when people purposely try to slow you down. I've found that if you bide your time, there will be an opportunity to dash into the other lane and blow by the idiot blocking you.

As far as high beams, beware in New Jersey. I actually got pulled over 4 years ago and ticketed for flashing a driver who pulled into the passing lane going 20-30 MPH slower than I was going. That driver almost caused an accident...at least it was my old car and not the F10!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #30
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
And you are asking this on an M5 discussion forum?
This was an exercise in reductio ad absurdum. Not a real question.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #31
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Semi-Relevant - and humorous. Its a cop resolving a slowpoke in the fast lane.

Warning some graphic language you may not want playing through your speakers at work or with kids around.

08-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #32
///M KID
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Just stumbled across this thread! Great responses! B-1 Pilot Funny video!
      08-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #33
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

This is a good read I have had people see me coming down the left lane pull out at the last second just long enough for me to slow down then pull back over and smile at me....like it was funny......I have some serious road rage so I told him a thing or two and I am sure he won't do it again. One thing about the USA is we don't put much thought when teaching people how to drive is to what lane they should stay in like other countries. If we did put thought into it we would not have these problems which are real problem to people who drive cars like we do. When I decide to run at a fast pace I try to remember to put my left turn signal on like we did in Germany, it means nothing here but the high beams do help a lot!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #34
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
I was going down the interstate at 85mph in a 65mph limit area and a woman in a minivan felt it was necessary to move into the left lane to block me. She was so passionate about ensuring I observe the speed limit that she got her panties in a bunch and she used her minivan laden with her own children as a human shield to enforce the speed limit.

Should we be observing the speed limits?
NO F**KING WAY
      08-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #35
bmellion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat2048
I don't observe the speed limits...always do at least 80 in a 65mph zone...and if someone deliberately decided to pull into the left lane or passing lane to block me in, they would get the horn as well as be cut off
Agreed!
2013 BMW M6 Eisenmann Race(gone)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #36
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Quote:
FUCK OFF
You heard it here first.

Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #37
ImpetuousRacer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
I just don't understand the psychology of people who just can't stand someone doing over the limit.

I feel a lot of times there are a set of drivers on tight deadlines, have things to do, places to be in the city life. Then you have other people who are in no rush, have no sense of urgency and no understanding of any deadline in their life. They just mosey around the streets in complete disregard to anyone and have nothing better to do but be an "enforcer" because they have been brainwashed that over the limit = dangerous.

These people create the "box in" situations, and frustrate entire streets of traffic. They get upset if someone wants to go around.

I've personally had some of the worst run ins with Minivan drivers myself. I can only expect this to be that truly these people have a miserable life. Let's face it lots of screaming kids, perhaps the extra baby fat causes them to not have the sexual reliefs of stress they once had, and on top of all that, they are shamed everyday in society by being seen in a minvan.

I personally ALWAYS move out of the way when I see someone coming up fast. I find it to be a courtesy and if someone wants to get a ticket, etc that is up to them, not me.
That's my rant.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #38
darkrabbit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 F36 440i GC, '03 E46 M3

^^Same. I go at a pretty good clip now (can't imagine what it will be like in a few weeks with the M5 ) but if someone is coming up on me in the left lane, I will make every effort to get to the right ASAP so they can get by. Sometimes I'll even speed up just to get out of the way. I am rarely in the left lane unless I am passing a train of cars.

When dealing with a left lane hog, I find if I come up on them fast, they move. If I gently cruise up behind, they don't notice. We have SO many of them here though... you really have no choice but to pass right most times. Slow traffic keep right has NO meaning on the 400 series highways. Our toll highway is much better but I think that's because the toll cost weeds out a lot of the riff raff.

I rarely, if ever, had someone try and slow me down here by cutting in front of me... holy that would piss me off.
2016 Ford F250 Diesel - Carries things
2019 BMW F90 M5C - Sold and I regret it
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #39
itsme123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

What I do now for all offending drivers of said offense and others (like not liking you passing them on anyside) is to take a video or a photo of them while you pass them. Make sure they see you doing so and you will mess with them in their heads. You will get a whole variety of respoonses you never seen before.....lol.

E46 M3
S71 X6M
F10 M5
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #40
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
FUCK OFF
You heard it here first.
GENIOUS!!!

Appreciate 0