BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

10-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
MDM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: /// 2022 M8C

F10 M5 Latest Programming

...For a 2013 M5 what is the current/latest factory programing for our cars?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Do you mean Software Update version?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 02:49 AM   #3
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftc120 View Post
Just had mine installed today because I had lost the Edc,servtronic, and engine dynamics response to the car. Basically my M5 would not respond to any of my M settings, more specifically when steering,suspension, or throttle response were changed to sport or sport plus and after receiving the latest software download to my M5, nothing has changed.
Take that car back, those setting would have changed "Instantly" , they are not a very good dealership.
      10-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The problem john is they have no idea how the car is supposed to feel in the performance settings, so to them there is nothing wrong because the car dashboard says the car is in sport or sport plus. They really have NO CLUE.
Take it to another dealership, and contact BMW USA or whoever runs the franchise their. We Have BMW UK and they are contacted after the initial failure of the dealership to rectify the problem.
If a BMW dealership does not know how an M5 feels in different modes it's a very damming statement indeed.
      10-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Software is not going to make your 2013 M5 steer like a 2014 M5. They have completely different steering systems. It's different hardware.

Clearing adaptations would effect the ECU including motor and transmission. This is often done after coding an ECU.
      10-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You just hit the nail on the head. It is making it very hard for me to explain to them what the M5 is supposed to feel/do in sport/sport plus when they have not spent any time behind the wheel of a f10. John let me ask you a question, you own a 2014 lci, you owned a pre lci like I have, do you notice a difference in the steering when in sport/sport plus in the 2014 vs. the pre lci. I guess what I am getting at is the sport and sport plus steering in the 2014 " less heavy " than in the pre lci models. The reason why I ask is the dealership updated the vehicle software so that all previous adaptations were cleared. I guess I am wondering or thinking that I am now running on 2014 vehicle software ? The steering now feels less heavy in sport and sport plus and the engine dynamics or throttle response is less neglicable/noticeable in sport, but more noticeable in sport plus more so in throttle response although when I switch back to efficient in the throttle/engine dynamics it is very slight in difference.
As Avinch says , two different systems.........but...... you can feel the difference in all the changed modes, same as the 2013, but the systems are different between cars.
Anyone should with any degree of engineering knowledge feel the changes.
      10-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
Software is not going to make your 2013 M5 steer like a 2014 M5. They have completely different steering systems. It's different hardware.

Clearing adaptations would effect the ECU including motor and transmission. This is often done after coding an ECU.
Yes but anyone should feel the changes in Mode which is what's not being felt by the owner.

Adaptations by the very description reflects the drivers driving style, mode changes should happen and be felt at the press of a button. not it would seem in this case.
      10-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thank you. So exactly how did that effect my M settings or should I say my Edc,servtronic, and the engine dynamics ?
It would only "reset" if you like the ECU and make any adjustments through Software to any given parameters. It would not change the feel of the mode changes to such a degree were by "you could not feel the changes", if that makes sense.
EDIT: If you press the sport+ engine ONLY whilst driving you should instantly feel a "Pick-up" on the throttle.
      10-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If adaptations means my driving style does that mean the m5 will adjust it's sensitivity in sport or sport plus based on my driving style ? Meaning the intesnsity of the servtronic and the Edc ?
NO the changes will felt when buttons pressed even if you drive like a pussy, the main changes from my understanding is in Comfort setting, this could for arguments sake change gear as early as possible and respond slower, IF you pussy it.
Changing to sport or sport+ will raise RPM on gear changes however you drive and should be felt.

The other "Visual change in driving softly or harder" can be seen on the bottom of the L/Hand gauge, that white come grey line that does NOT match the fuel gauge as it goes down, shows driving style on fuel usage.
Going to bed now talk more tomorrow,
      10-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #10
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for your help and info. Yesterday I took the car out and really did some spirited back road driving. The M5 ran great, other than the lack of feel with sport/sport plus. There is definitely some feel in sport plus, I do not feel much if at all in sport. The one thing I did learn is for track/back road driving comfort is the way to go for steering. Makes the car feel much lighter and more nimble around corners.

My BMW dealer is going to set up an appointment to have my M5 looked at by two bmw field engineers that will come to the dealership. Till then we will see what happens.
The field engineers will know whats what. good luck with it.
      10-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thank you john. By the way what are the biggest differences you feel between the 2013 and 2014. And don't you love Monte Carlo blue.
Steering feel and the sound of the Exhaust and the updated Sat-Nav system is very good now.
Front Day time running lights are different ,the eyebrows are lit.
      10-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
In the 2014 does the steering in sport and sport plus still feel very heavy or have they lightened it up ?
It tightens up and weights up. Does that make sense.
I think the ratio changes a bit, anyone?.
      10-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
cairo
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 SG

Not sure what version number it is but I just received the latest flash about 2 weeks ago. I've noticed a few updates to the GUI here and there but the worst thing is the auto start/stop won't remember the last setting anymore. PITA!

MY13.
Appreciate 0