Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkirk1974 View Post
Thats awesome!

(Go to the 4:50 mark)
That was classic. Watching the first time, I was as gobsmacked as the Aussies.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #24
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by savela View Post
In high school, my brother and I got smoked by a minivan. Never saw it coming and my brother was the one that initiated. We were in a VW rabbit. He's never lived it down.

Laces out......laces out.
I've never been challenged in my M5 and I don't think I would respond to a challenge for legal reasons. Racing in high performance car can land you in jail. If you do it in a minivan, cop doesn't really care.

However for some bizarre reason when I'm visiting my parents I get challenged all the time. One time a minivan challenged me while driving my Mum's GS460 a couple of thanksgivings ago. Naturally the Sienna was no match for the Lexus' 345hp V8. The guy seemed really pissed off to lose too which made it even more enjoyable.

Another time, at Easter, I was driving my dad's Infiniti EX35 and a Cayenne S challenged me to a race. I smoked that guy too. Dufus didn't account for power to weight. He had his son in the car too so that made it particularly fun.

I'm a bit surprised that in the suburbs people drive like this. In South Beach, driving an M Car, I never get challenged.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #25
ShainoF10M5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M8 GC

Regularly, but rarely by the cars I wish would take a shot..

I did smoke a Panamera GTS not long ago that rolled up hot to play. He swung around aggressively to pass, then got humiliated in my rear view. The CTS-V is always a great encounter, and I made one cry on Alligator Alley last fall. On the other hand, I got blasted by a Saleen just after my break-in period last year, but he was just insane risky during the episode and I would have to push past my comfort zone to run with him (and my comfort zone is pretty fast, so he was flying.)

The M5's sworn enemies (CTS-V, Panamera, E63) will very often perk up when encountered on the interstate. I have actually noticed that a lot of BMW's will act froggie until they see the badge on my trunk, at which point they lose their desire to compete.

The vast majority of taunts come from cars that would give me little satisfaction to even fool with. They're mostly just a waste of gas and risk to engage.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #26
drewdogg808
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
My best friend (rich parents) had a 94 supra turbo stock in 94 (a 93 rx7 turbo before that and a 91 300zx turbo before that his first cars starting at age 16) I remember how crazy fast those cars seemed then and to think the M5 is faster now is mindblowing...but still remember that feeling

Would have like to know the out come though
I had a good friend in high school that had the same series of cars.... your best friend didn't live in NW Houston back then, by chance?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #27
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

Lol that's very strange no this was in Georgia
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #28
Susoa
4 Star General
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Not enough.

Same here, never!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #29
Susoa
4 Star General
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shainrae View Post
Regularly, but rarely by the cars I wish would take a shot..

I did smoke a Panamera GTS not long ago that rolled up hot to play. He swung around aggressively to pass, then got humiliated in my rear view. The CTS-V is always a great encounter, and I made one cry on Alligator Alley last fall. On the other hand, I got blasted by a Saleen just after my break-in period last year, but he was just insane risky during the episode and I would have to push past my comfort zone to run with him (and my comfort zone is pretty fast, so he was flying.)

The M5's sworn enemies (CTS-V, Panamera, E63) will very often perk up when encountered on the interstate. I have actually noticed that a lot of BMW's will act froggie until they see the badge on my trunk, at which point they lose their desire to compete.

The vast majority of taunts come from cars that would give me little satisfaction to even fool with. They're mostly just a waste of gas and risk to engage.

Nice!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #30
(H)
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 (after F10 M5 ;-)

I was serious with my (somewhat newbie) question: What really are the cars (stock condition) that can outrun the F10 stock ///M5?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 03:53 AM   #31
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

This sucks when idiots do this. If they do it politely it is totally fun, but when they are jerks like this, it is annoying.

I had saw NEW Corvette Stingrey and it started tail gating me and then got next to me on a stop light and did a burn out and then cut me off, I was so pist because I could not do anything for a response because I did not have my break in service done on my M5 3 weeks ago .
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #32
drewdogg808
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
Lol that's very strange no this was in Georgia
Yeah, really strange. His first car at 16 was the 91 300zx, then rx-7, then the 94 supra turbo. Crazy coincidence....
Appreciate 0