M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Question Any UK F10 M5 owners with Akrapovic

Apparently, only one BMW performance exhaust has been sold in UK, so more likely closest I'll get to hearing one is UK F10 M5 owners with Akrapovic version. Anyone here from UK had one fitted?

On a positive note should get a good discount as dealer said they'll like to fit one to see/hear m perf version.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
w5pwr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

If you can get a good price then I would be interested in getting one?

I currently have an Eisenmann Race fitted which I love the sound of, but its too anti-social where I live for the early starts which I have too do regularly.....
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

any idea how much the M-perf exhaust is fitted? does it increase hp as well as weight saving? my dealer reckons BMW are going to develop their own performance products in house replacing previous tie ins with AC Scnitzer and Akrapovic... but to be honest he doesn't know shit about M Performance division or accessories!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #4
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex
any idea how much the M-perf exhaust is fitted? does it increase hp as well as weight saving? my dealer reckons BMW are going to develop their own performance products in house replacing previous tie ins with AC Scnitzer and Akrapovic... but to be honest he doesn't know shit about M Performance division or accessories!
The M performance exhaust is the exact same exhaust as the Akra with different tips .
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #5
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by w5pwr View Post
If you can get a good price then I would be interested in getting one?

I currently have an Eisenmann Race fitted which I love the sound of, but its too anti-social where I live for the early starts which I have too do regularly.....
Will let you know what discount I get offered, but not sure of the margin on parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
M-perf full list inc. VAT is £7482 (inc. CF tips) + 1.5hrs fitting. Non-BMW branded Akrapovic version is approx. £6K + fitting. I'm hoping discount can get M-perf close to Akrapovic price. Yet to look into buying in Germany + shipping.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
bigfra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991s , M5 Comp pack

I've had the akrapovic evo on my old e92 and it was a superb system but I was lucky to pick it up second hand so didn't get burned to much. Honestly I would just get some catted supersprint down pipes and keep the standard system. At least you would get some good power gains. Mind you the akrapovic does give a big weight saving. Anyway, just my opinion
Appreciate 0