06-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #23
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
Surely the dct gets a hammering every time you do LC and therefore shortens its life?
If that is true then P car is better because I remember in one video 997 did like 50 of them ba k om to back (Some without holding the steering wheel !!!) and all were consistent times and all!!

Last edited by soooma; 06-01-2014 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #24
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
If that is true then P car is better because I remember in one video 997 did like 50 of them ba k om to back (Some without holding the steering wheel !!!) and all were consistent times and all!!
Soooma - no disrespect...but your writing is very difficult to follow. Is English not your first language ?
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #25
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
Soooma - no disrespect...but your writing is very difficult to follow. Is English not your first language ?
One of three - and working on 4th -
But been speaking it since age 4 so not sure how bad this could be -
Do I have an accent (Yes sir-
So not a native and hope that's not an issue on this forum !!
My problem is I do type while jogging sometimes using my Note 3 and it seems that Autocorrect is not my friend -
I gotta stop using my phone for such quick replies as I rarely proof read what I am typing -
I should be using my dragon
LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #26
Gumbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Aggressively

:)

Quote:
One of three - and working on 4th -
But been speaking it since age 4 so not sure how bad this could be -
Do I have an accent (Yes sir-
So not a native and hope that's not an issue on this forum !!
My problem is I do type while jogging sometimes using my Note 3 and it seems that Autocorrect is not my friend -
I gotta stop using my phone for such quick replies as I rarely proof read what I am typing -
I should be using my dragon
LOL
Have you ever considered typing out your thoughts in a clear, concise sentence? I too mean no disrespect, but if you clarified your posts your contribution would be appreciated even greater.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 11:09 PM   #27
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
Have you ever considered typing out your thoughts in a clear, concise sentence? I too mean no disrespect, but if you clarified your posts your contribution would be appreciated even greater.
Yes sir
Confession:
That was me trying to do just that!!
So imagine without -; )

So another CONCISE VERSION:
Yes sir, Confession: That was me trying to do just that!!, So imagine without -; )

I belive you are correct that was my problem -

Last edited by soooma; 06-01-2014 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #28
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

This thread is odd LOL.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #29
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
Amen! You seem to have the time to post more than just about anyone else around here, so why not take the time to post well?
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 07:56 AM   #30
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
Amen! You seem to have the time to post more than just about anyone else around here, so why not take the time to post well?
I thought that's what I did -, Anyway I post on the go and that's why I seem to have more posts that's all, thanks for kind friendly advice !
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 09:05 AM   #31
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
Surely the dct gets a hammering every time you do LC and therefore shortens its life?
Both BMW & Porsche handbooks contain disclaimers regarding LC & premature component wear (and I wouldn't limit this to DCT in M5) - I would be surprised if these cars are not logging how often you engage/use LC (in addition to 'other' measurements) so that manufacturers can take this into account during warranty claims.

BMW handbook specifically states not to use LC too often, however, there is also a disclaimer about auto stop/start & component wear, but that does not go as far as to state not to use it too often (probably wouldn't be deemed environmentally conscious to do so).

It would be interesting to see/read about anyone managing to do 50 back to back LC starts in an M5/M6. I certainly will not be volunteering...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #32
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tanzanite Blue M5

LC isn't overly hard to activate. What some of us were saying is that in a race situation like at the track where time is limited and if the other guy stages quickly it can be a bit confussing to get it to work. There isn't any time to lower the default RPM (which is too high for OEM tires) and you blow the tires off anyways so LC = useless.
      06-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #33
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

I think sooma needed launch control to beat those civics. Lol. Thanks for the write up bro.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #34
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
I think sooma needed launch control to beat those civics. Lol. Thanks for the write up bro.
U r most welcome boots
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #35
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

This forum wouldn't be the same without Sooma.

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #36
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
You planning on doing him in?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #37
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern X5M View Post
LC isn't overly hard to activate. What some of us were saying is that in a race situation like at the track where time is limited and if the other guy stages quickly it can be a bit confussing to get it to work. There isn't any time to lower the default RPM (which is too high for OEM tires) and you blow the tires off anyways so LC = useless.
Some people said they got hooked to the asphalt nicely (Good traction) with those tires but weather allowing, it is not a gimmick and very useful if mastered well and in good experienced hands (Not mine-
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #38
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Quote:
Some people said they got hooked to the asphalt nicely (Good traction) with those tires but weather allowing, it is not a gimmick and very useful if mastered well and in good experienced hands (Not mine-
Soooma make a video....the community needs it!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #39
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

I also found this thread informative. I haven't tried LC but might now.

Regarding the grammar and sentence structure comments. I find that folks who routinely reply and post from their phones as opposed to computers are almost forced to use sometimes difficult to understand shorthand.
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #40
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
WOW the big R RPiM5 HAS spoken - and actually paying me a complement - , I must say I am flattered -; ), Thank you sir, Appreciate your kind words, I love this forum and my most basic principle here is RESPECT for all memebrs regardless of whether it is mutual or not -, life has taught me that you can't make everybody happy so I stopped trying to but still with utter respect to all as much as possible but in all honestly you and a few other memebrs seem to be the real pillars or cornerstone here - and I am here to just read and learn which is sheer fun for me.

soooma
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #41
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
Soooma make a video....the community needs it!!!!
I will do in a couple of days and will post the link to it then, sorry for not having done that already !! It is easy in a way that when I programmed it and mastered it I felt so bad to the point had a feeling of guilt towards accusing M division of complicating things that should be simple when I'm reality it is simple. (Can be simpler) but straightforward enough.

Car in normal temperature then:
1. Manual mode S3 (Drivelogic)
2. MDM then another long press for DSC off, Now Long Press M2 to memorize above
3. Shift knob forward and no brake push and if you have to very light or will kill it and now you should see the LC Flag so gas and let go of knob -

And from now on M2 twice and Shift knob/gas both forward!!
How hard that can be -

Video will be done soon
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #42
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
WOW the big R RPiM5 HAS spoken - and actually paying me a complement - , I must say I am flattered -; ), Thank you sir, Appreciate your kind words, I love this forum and my most basic principle here is RESPECT for all memebrs regardless of whether it is mutual or not -, life has taught me that you can't make everybody happy so I stopped trying to but still with utter respect to all as much as possible but in all honestly you and a few other memebrs seem to be the real pillars or cornerstone here - and I am here to just read and learn which is sheer fun for me.

soooma
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #43
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
This thread is odd LOL.
Which part of it -? vicc
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2014, 03:45 AM   #44
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

I tried lunch control the other day. I activated it everytime but it did not want to lunch when it rev 3000rpm. then I had put the peddle to the floor where it clicks on the gas pedal then it finally kick in to go then it would stop the car from going. and I kept trying for like 6 times or so. finally my car did not want to move when I switch everything to comfort etc. The car did not accelerate at all after that. I freak out I Waited 30 secs and then finally the accelerator worked. I do not know what the hell was going on it.

that's the bad news.

today, Great news

I followed what you said @Soooma programed my settings to traction off rather than manually setting it up. and I was successful on 2 of 2 tries. It was fun and not to much wheel spin and felt a lot more control of the car over my M3's lunch control.

Only advice I need, when let go of the shifter and floor it from 3000rpm it red lines pretty quickly do I SHIFT it immediately to 2nd gear or let it keep red lining and it will drop down the rpm again? because when I red lined it on first gear I would change gear to second and I Felt as I did not get an good lunch on both attempts. But the wheel spin was fun.

thanks ahead of time
Appreciate 0