Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-08-2024, 09:14 PM   #1
BMWSauberF1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

DCT popped out of gear during WOT pull on freeway twice

So this happened when I was doing a pull I’m pretty sure it was in 4th gear at the time on both occasions. It was mid pull in the gear not during a shift either from what I remember. It just popped out and went straight to redline before I could react but I just tapped + and it seemed to shift to the next gear fine after letting the Rpms drop back down. It happened twice within a few days during the same situation. Im about to go run some adaptations on ISTA. Also there was no codes that I seen while I had my BimmerLink app open when I connect it’s right now I’ll check if there’s any codes on there. Anyone else ever have this issue? I’m wondering if I should replace my DCT Fluid since I’m at 102k miles now.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 02:54 AM   #2
Blaxwil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Good idea to change the fluid as there may be a little bit of debris lingering around the plates. It is a little strange that it happens only in 4th gear though. Do you have a transmission tune as well?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 02:58 AM   #3
BMWSauberF1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxwil View Post
Good idea to change the fluid as there may be a little bit of debris lingering around the plates. It is a little strange that it happens only in 4th gear though. Do you have a transmission tune as well?
I’m not sure exactly what gear it was as I wasn’t really paying too much attention i was just on a long blast on a wide open road so I had been getting on it quite a bit for a good 30 - 45 min obviously not the entire time straight but every few minutes I was getting on it pretty hard through the gears. Although I typically never rev it out much past 4-5 unless I’m really pushing it so it wasn’t like I was banging it off rev limiter each gear. I was doing like a good autobahn blast like what I’d imagine the Germans do.

I just find it a little odd i can’t find anyone else who’s had that issue as far as I’ve seen so far while looking.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 03:01 AM   #4
BMWSauberF1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

But it was just like I’ve felt stuck cars do before if you didn’t quite get it all the way in gear. Where it will hold it for half the gear the. Just pop right out causing the rpm’s to shoot up to rev limiter real quick. I’ve even had that happen on my sport bike a few times but never in any of my cars that have had a dual clutch
Appreciate 0