BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-19-2017, 11:37 PM   #1
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

M Performance Steering Wheel help!

I bought a M6 with the v2 electronic steering wheel installed.

However, I cannot figure out how to actually use it. I'm able to muddle through the setup screens with the long and short presses of the buttons, but I don't know how to actually activate and use the wheel to have the shift lights come on, or to read the current oil/water temp, or the g-meter.

Does anyone have an electronic or physical copy of the actual user manual you can send me? I found the install manual, but there's no actual instructions on it. It's frustrating to have such a cool wheel staring at you in the face everyday and not knowing how to use it.

Thanks! Let me know. I'll take anything really, screenshot of a few pages in the manual, a video, a written explanation, a phone call...anything really!

12-20-2017, 02:47 AM   #2
Hotsawwce
Private
Rep
Drives: M6

This might help
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotsawwce View Post
This might help
Thanks, I've seen this video before. Those are the exact screens I cannot figure out how to access.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #4
V8munro
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Sakhir Orange

I have the wheel also, hold both buttons to turn on, hold left to exit a menu, hold right to enter a menu and press left or right to scroll, you have the main menu that will show 4 icons from memory, first is dynamic/ economy stats, second icon is performance driving stats (oil/water temp, g force, timer and the third is race stats. The fourth menu is settings this is where you can set match the rpm to the car, set rom the lights flash at, celsius or Fahrenheit for temp and maybe some settings i have forgotten. I will try to find the pdf as well that explains it better (its at the back of the installation instructions) but hopefully what ive shared may help for now.

Insta: Tommy_turb0
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #5
V8munro
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Not tried sharing a photo before hopefully its clear enough
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4984.50
      12-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8munro View Post
I have the wheel also, hold both buttons to turn on, hold left to exit a menu, hold right to enter a menu and press left or right to scroll, you have the main menu that will show 4 icons from memory, first is dynamic/ economy stats, second icon is performance driving stats (oil/water temp, g force, timer and the third is race stats. The fourth menu is settings this is where you can set match the rpm to the car, set rom the lights flash at, celsius or Fahrenheit for temp and maybe some settings i have forgotten. I will try to find the pdf as well that explains it better (its at the back of the installation instructions) but hopefully what ive shared may help for now.
thank you so much for the screen shot. I figured out my major operational issue, that is I was stuck in the settings menu on every start up. For some reason the wheel just defaulted to the settings menu, so I just figured out that I need a long press left to exit settings.

That said, I was able to play around with the features. The only thing I'm confused about now is, what's the purpose in the settings menu of setting your G-Meter Threshold? Is it so that if you met the threshold, the wheel will display the metric? Else, it'll continue to show zero?
      12-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #7
V8munro
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Ill check for you but i believe like you say its the threshold before it moves from 0. Mine is left at the default setting. I just changed temp to Celsius and rpm shift down to 6700

Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4984.50